HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ExperimentalAir, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:56 AM
Class FUBAR airspace: 18k' BSL
United States, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Apr 2012
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark622 View Post
The orange rxs are fine for me, ONLY had problems twice with them, and both times my tx batteries got low. Still using a Spectrum Dx5e, it has 4 battery indicator lights. You only get 4 lights for a couple flight sessions, then you have 3 lights for what seems like forever, then when it drops down to 2 lights is when I've had problems with Orange Rxs, I have all 615s with one 620. But even then, we're talking 500-600 feet before I ever have issues. Other time I had a problem was in my old Apprentice (I bought used without an rx) and slapped a orange 615 in, it was up high and wasn't responding probably 200 feet high and 400-500 feet out, but only lost control for maybe 5 seconds before I was able to regain connection. Probably just need to change those 4AA batteries more often lol.
Alright just making sure.
RPM314 is offline Find More Posts by RPM314
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:28 AM
Is it spring yet?
United States, UT, Vernal
Joined Nov 2014
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark622 View Post
Still using a Spectrum Dx5e, it has 4 battery indicator lights. You only get 4 lights for a couple flight sessions, then you have 3 lights for what seems like forever, then when it drops down to 2 lights..........l.
I've been using my DX5e since late November up until just last weekend when I got my DX6 in. The first thing that I did when I got my Apprentice S RTF package was toss out the no-name batteries and install a set of Energizers. After two months my DX5e finally went to three of four LED's. Of course I probably didn't fly as often as others have, but I've flown around every weekend (except for when my plane was down for repairs) and used the TX for setting servo's to neutral and setting control surfaces.
Robert4613 is offline Find More Posts by Robert4613
Old Jan 26, 2015, 01:44 PM
Joined Sep 2014
55 Posts
I am sure you're right about the servos and control surfaces not being up for the abuse. Never made a wing witj just one aileron servos, just wantedto.make it as light as possible. Made ailerons only 1 inch to tame it a bit and hopefully reduce the torque placed on it. Made the elevator a full 2 inches since it is a short pusher, and I like having an.authoritative elevator.

Edit: apologies for mis spellngs and weird periods, not a good phone typer lol
mark622 is offline Find More Posts by mark622