HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2013, 09:56 AM
United States, TX, Cibolo
Joined Nov 2011
331 Posts
The model is a blast to fly, I fly mine on a regular basis, Tom made a great kit from this bird, it flies great and can be flown just about anyway you like. It slows pretty good, so with flaps you can probably get it down to walking pace.
Hollywood2979 is online now Find More Posts by Hollywood2979
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:59 AM
Mansell Models
United States, UT, Layton
Joined May 2004
1,330 Posts
Great News Everyone!!

I worked out some deals with a couple of companies to make it possible for everyone to order laser cut parts, plans and plastic parts. Below are the links: If you need laser cut parts and plans, contact Laser Design Services.

http://store.laser-design-services.com/

If you need a plastic cowling contact Park Flyer Plastics

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/

I hope everyone will be able to enjoy their builds and flights!

Cheers,

Tom
N827TM is offline Find More Posts by N827TM
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:07 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N827TM View Post
Great News Everyone!!

I worked out some deals with a couple of companies to make it possible for everyone to order laser cut parts, plans and plastic parts. Below are the links: If you need laser cut parts and plans, contact Laser Design Services.

http://store.laser-design-services.com/

If you need a plastic cowling contact Park Flyer Plastics

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/

I hope everyone will be able to enjoy their builds and flights!

Cheers,

Tom
Congrats! That is excellent news indeed.

I had hoped to have my build underway by now, but stalled on a current project... And discovered my building board has a slight warp & twist.
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:09 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Where are the items?

Hi Tom, I went to those sites and couldn't see where the items were listed. Sorry to ask as I'm sure it's been stated already, but was this the short kit for a round 100" model?

I managed to pick up the Airsail 77" full kit off Ebay Australia last year and now, having just moved house, finally have my very own "man cave" to make a start on it. Plus I got a couple of images of one of the T's I used to fly from my old club back in New Zealand to confirm the trim. I've attached them FYI. Unfortunately they only had B&W. ZK-EQM was the second I flew, ZK-EOO being the first.
trogladyte is offline Find More Posts by trogladyte
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:51 PM
Mansell Models
United States, UT, Layton
Joined May 2004
1,330 Posts
The wingspan is 41" I just talked to Bob at Laser Design Services this morning, so it probably be up on his site within the next week.

I still have not finished the flap modification for the wing build, as I have been wrapped up with a few other projects. But I will get to it soon! When I see the success of it I will also have the plans and wing kit available.

Tom
N827TM is offline Find More Posts by N827TM
Old Jan 23, 2014, 03:24 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Thanks

Sweet. Yeah the 77" is only 4 channel but I think I'll cut in flaps for a more authentic look.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:38 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trogladyte View Post
Sweet. Yeah the 77" is only 4 channel but I think I'll cut in flaps for a more authentic look.
If your talking about the 77" Airsail kit, I have it also, and it already has scale flaps designed in it. It even comes with the scale preformed "sheeting" for the flaps as well as the other control surfaces.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:43 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Haven't looked at the kit in forever, so had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:07 AM
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N827TM View Post
The wingspan is 41" I just talked to Bob at Laser Design Services this morning, so it probably be up on his site within the next week.

I still have not finished the flap modification for the wing build, as I have been wrapped up with a few other projects. But I will get to it soon! When I see the success of it I will also have the plans and wing kit available.

Tom
Tom, its up on the site now.
Thanks for the opportunity.
limeybob
limeybob is offline Find More Posts by limeybob
Old Mar 29, 2014, 09:31 AM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Flaps

So has anyone added flaps to this project? I will be starting the kit soon as I get home from Arizona and I am in the planning/cutting stage.
Biggz is offline Find More Posts by Biggz
Old Mar 29, 2014, 09:46 AM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
What part of AZ?

Hi Moose3, what part of AZ are you in? I'm just out of Surprise (top left corner of Phoenix).

I bought one of the Airsail Tommy kits last year off Ebay Australia and about to start on that soon - it's a 77" WS and I'll probably put a .60 in it, but use it throttled back some.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 09:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
We've spent the winter in Casa Grande this year. Been enjoying the weather and flying in the desert but it's getting close to time to head home. We' ve spent time in Surprise the last few years for Spring Training w/ the Mariners but found it too crowded for our taste.
Enjoy the build of the Airsail kit, it should be a great project.
Biggz is offline Find More Posts by Biggz