HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:28 AM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
Picked it up on rcu. Its one of the versions that comes with motors and is just white foam.. Not sure what motors are in there. I have 2 esc.s that came out of the phase 3 squall. 45 amp. Will they work out ok for this.
corvettercr is offline Find More Posts by corvettercr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:07 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettercr View Post
Picked it up on rcu. Its one of the versions that comes with motors and is just white foam.. Not sure what motors are in there. I have 2 esc.s that came out of the phase 3 squall. 45 amp. Will they work out ok for this.
Get new motors, anything but GWS. Some people have had okay luck with the motors, most have not. With as inexpensive as motors are now, its not worth losing a great plane over.

I don't know the specific ESC's you're talking about but as long as you are running the same volts as recommended, 45 amps will give you quite a range of motors to choose from.

Just my .02
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:16 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
great. thanks for the info. the esc's i have are 45 amp and made for a 4 cell lipo. im sure i can use 3 cell on them, they screamed with a 4c on the squall edf. it also had a 70 mm fan with an outrunner. im not mutch into elec stuff buut i have an e-flite emp meter. and a good freind knows all there is to know about elec stuff. what motors do i need to lookinto getting for the eagle?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:15 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,840 Posts
I'm running eflite park 400 4,200kv inrunners on 3S. I get at 80 mph at 4,800 ft elevation. Lower elevations should do better.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 01:19 AM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
she should be here any day now. was shipped friday. might put it on the backburner for awhile so i can concentrate on batteries for my su-47. what is a good battery for this f-15.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:31 AM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettercr View Post
she should be here any day now. was shipped friday. might put it on the backburner for awhile so i can concentrate on batteries for my su-47. what is a good battery for this f-15.
I think this is the battery I am using.

I get about 3.5 of full throttle flight on the Park 400's. This plane glides well, and I can lay off the throttle and get flights close to the 5 min mark if I am conservative. I had to remove a very slight bit of foam under the canopy, but it slides right in.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 12:40 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15 View Post
I think this is the battery I am using.

I get about 3.5 of full throttle flight on the Park 400's. This plane glides well, and I can lay off the throttle and get flights close to the 5 min mark if I am conservative. I had to remove a very slight bit of foam under the canopy, but it slides right in.
I lied. This is the battery I am using. I was at work yesterday and couldn't remember if it was the 20c or the 30c.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 12:48 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
guys im thinking about selling the kit when i get it, i think i want some thing alse a bit different. if anyone is intrested pm me . as of right now the only pics i have is the 2 the guy sent me when i bought it. i can email them if you like. thanks
Old Aug 09, 2011, 05:11 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
this is a freakin brushed motor version!!!. oh well i gave it away. waiting for the guy to come and get it.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:19 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
I didn't know there was a brushed version. Would have really considered getting yours if I was anywhere near.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:39 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
well i didnt know there was either, and to ne perfectly honnest i think it came with brishless. the instructions show brushless as well..

here is a few pics, i just took the fans out to look at them and one has been run up. also there is a drop of epoxy on one of the fan housings. the kit is new, the fans look new, however im not sure these orig came with the kit. i bet they have been swapped out at some point. also this is the kit on this thread isnt it???

something else. the person i gave it to has looked at it and said it is way to much for his son. so he told me to just pass it along to some one else.. hey at least he was being honnest.

also the rotors just push onto the motor shaft. what gives on this. looks like lil toy fans. the housings fit great in the fuse and all but i dont know.

i might as well reffel it off at our next ff to support the club.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 07:21 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Looks like someone robbed the 64mm fans and replaced them. That setup in the box is a guaranteed failure.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:05 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
yea i do believe so myself. does any one know if these are gws fans? also they just push on the motor shaft. looks like i have to buy 2 motors and fans
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:07 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
ok so before i give this away ill need to get a few things.is there any where on the market a complete drop in brushless setup that will fit with no mods???
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:21 PM
okla
Joined Sep 2009
46 Posts
ok get this.....................! i pulled the motor out of one of the fans and it says gws!

what gives. these are the orig fans. i guess i have the first version of something like that.

or they came out of a different gws kit somewhere down the line. that has the same fan housings. it doesnt look as if they were ever mounted. just one spooled up and thats it.hmmmmmmmm

does any one have 2 complete fan assemblys and motors they would sell me out of the f-15?