Don't be popular, be right.
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Aug 2004
826 Posts
Question
MayTech 1806-2300k and 12a ESC

http://www.diyquadcopters.com/Maytech-12a_p_246.html

http://www.diyquadcopters.com/Maytec...00k_p_245.html

I'm getting what seem to be sync issues with this esc/motor pair. The throttle response isn't smooth and at WOT they buck like a ticked off racehorse. Have 4 motor/esc pairs and all 4 are doing it. Does anyone know which version of SimonK to use to flash these? Have the newest builds fixed this with high kv motors or is 5-15 still the best choice?

Quick video just to prove I'm not crazy. Taranis, X8R, 2200 3S. Excuse my dirty workbench though I have a feeling every person reading this likely has their own mess. Also forgive the taranis beeping. It's expecting to see the lipo alarm.

Maytech esc sync issues (1 min 37 sec)
bigddybn is offline Find More Posts by bigddybn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 08:53 AM
Joined Aug 2004
826 Posts
So apparently this is a known issue with these ESCs....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...53&postcount=4

I'll work with Dan on this. Not happy with the motors either. Had a prop mount hole on the motor bell that wasn't tapped.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:24 AM
Joined Aug 2004
826 Posts
Just wanted to follow up here. As expected Dan came through. Sent me an updated firmware file from Maytech this morning. Only did one unit real quick but the ESC flashed just fine through the Turnigy USB linker and my problems have disappeared. I'll do the other three later on but no reason not to expect the same.

Just want to point out this is why I keep buying from Dan at diyquadcopters.com. Dan provides the kind of real and good customer service that so many vendors seem to be lacking in this hobby. He answers email with meaningful responses and when customers have legitimate problems he takes ownership of the issue until it is resolved. Pretty rare these days and I for one appreciate it. I'll keep voting with my dollars at his store.

Temporary Dropbox link

Hopefully new stock going forward won't have this issue. I'll leave it up for a few weeks in case anyone needs it. The ESCs are bootloader enabled and will flash easily through the servo leads with the turnigy USB linker.
Last edited by bigddybn; Jul 31, 2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 01:22 PM
Clear skies and calm winds...
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Nov 2011
859 Posts
Yes, the public is welcome to the hex file, weather you purchased from me or not. I was unaware of this problem as in my testing the problem did not occur, however I am not an aggressive flier.

Maytech quickly researched the problem and provided a solution. They do provide great response to reseller issues.
danphillips is online now Find More Posts by danphillips
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:45 AM
Joined Jan 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danphillips View Post
Yes, the public is welcome to the hex file, weather you purchased from me or not. I was unaware of this problem as in my testing the problem did not occur, however I am not an aggressive flier.

Maytech quickly researched the problem and provided a solution. They do provide great response to reseller issues.
I like Maytech ESCs, motors and their reliable staff.
Wolfgang125 is offline Find More Posts by Wolfgang125