SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2014, 03:50 PM
powered by caffine
Akron, New York
Joined May 2004
930 Posts
I just ordered a new 3.6 to replace my 3.2 that I treed at the 2 day ALES contest in New Hampshire. This time red instead of blue.
FredM is offline Find More Posts by FredM
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:59 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,457 Posts
You're gonna like it
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:30 PM
Joined May 2013
224 Posts
Isn't blue about the worst color possible?

It LOOKS good but with a blue sky - isn't it problematic? I'm guessing its not since it sells but I don't understand it.

Pete
Petepala1961 is offline Find More Posts by Petepala1961
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:22 PM
USA, CA, La Canada Flintridge
Joined Dec 2003
47 Posts
I have a blue Hyper and there isn't any problem seeing it in the sky... Darker is better for blue.
FlyValue is offline Find More Posts by FlyValue
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:57 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepala1961 View Post
Isn't blue about the worst color possible?

It LOOKS good but with a blue sky - isn't it problematic? I'm guessing its not since it sells but I don't understand it.

Pete
Quite the opposite. My 3.6 is dark blue transparent and has great visibility even to her highest altitude of 2745 ft AGL.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:59 PM
Joined May 2013
224 Posts
Thanks guys. That's interesting - I knew it had to be successful but it seems counterintuitive but alas contrast is contrast. It IS beautiful in blue.

Pete
Petepala1961 is offline Find More Posts by Petepala1961
Old Sep 16, 2014, 08:39 PM
powered by caffine
Akron, New York
Joined May 2004
930 Posts
Yeah the blue was very visible at altitude for me as well but wasnt in stock.
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM
powered by caffine
Akron, New York
Joined May 2004
930 Posts
I was thinking of using 28 gauge wire for the rudder and elevator to save a little weight. I am using Hyperion DS-09amd servos. Any drawbacks to using this lighter wiring?
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredM View Post
I was thinking of using 28 gauge wire for the rudder and elevator to save a little weight. I am using Hyperion DS-09amd servos. Any drawbacks to using this lighter wiring?
Exactly what I did with the Longhorn with same servos. Works fine, no voltage drop or servos acting up. Randy used the same wire in his big RES 4 metre job and he put me on to the light wire setup.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
United States, VT, Brattleboro
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredM View Post
I just ordered a new 3.6 to replace my 3.2 that I treed at the 2 day ALES contest in New Hampshire. This time red instead of blue.
That was some contest!
It was a battle for survival - in a war of attrition. It's a small field with all sorts things to avoid. The wind was blowing 12-15 mph. It was cool and cloudy Saturday and cold and sunny Sunday. The lift was coming through and heading downwind fast and there was a terrible rotor all around the field. The landing area was bordered by a drop-off on one side and the pit area on the other. Lots of off-field opportunities with tall trees and toxic waste. And there I was with my 55 oz. Pulsar REF!

Yeah, I had fun.

Bob
bafbob is offline Find More Posts by bafbob
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM