SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
No progress since May. I took a break. Will resume in a few months. (Maybe winter) The windows that came with this kit were plastic like and badly yellowed. I plan to find some thin real glass or plexi and fabricate my own.
Jeff2010 is offline Find More Posts by Jeff2010
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2013, 06:32 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff2010 View Post
No progress since May. I took a break. Will resume in a few months. (Maybe winter) The windows that came with this kit were plastic like and badly yellowed. I plan to find some thin real glass or plexi and fabricate my own.
An inexpensive source of thin plexi or clear plastic is a picture frame store. They sell standard sizes (5x7, 8x 10, etc.) of plastic sheet as replacements for glass. Y
Pete G.
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Sep 06, 2013, 01:36 PM
United States, NC, Roxboro
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
After 30 yr wait, ready to restart - - nice to see your work

Great to see how well you have built this boat and our similar history. I've just received my dad's boat this year after it was missing in action for past 40 yrs. He built it in the late 50's and I rebuilt it when I was 8 yrs old in the late 60's. Dad is now 86 and I would love to rebuild this for his 87th. Not much left of the systems other than the prop and rudders. So any advice would be appreciated and I'll watch your lead
Theorydoc is offline Find More Posts by Theorydoc
Old Sep 07, 2013, 12:38 AM
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Wow, that sucks ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff2010 View Post
On a side note. My motivation behind this build is that my Dad built this same model when I was two years old. Back in 1961. He would take me down to a dam in Willoughby Ohio and cruise the boat. The boat went over the dam on one occasion and my Dad claimed it was someone on a CB Radio who interfered with the RC signal. Luckily It wasn't too badly damaged. In the early Ninties my Mom sold it in a Garage Sale.

... and I tremble to think of what my wife would do with my stuff
given the chance.

I wish you the best of luck withe your build adventure

Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie
Old Sep 07, 2013, 09:01 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorydoc View Post
Great to see how well you have built this boat and our similar history. I've just received my dad's boat this year after it was missing in action for past 40 yrs. He built it in the late 50's and I rebuilt it when I was 8 yrs old in the late 60's. Dad is now 86 and I would love to rebuild this for his 87th. Not much left of the systems other than the prop and rudders. So any advice would be appreciated and I'll watch your lead
Great story, a great model with a challenge !
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
I was thinking I would paint the cabin roof blue ( that was the color of my Dad's as well). Does anyone know the exact color name and paint brand?
Jeff2010 is offline Find More Posts by Jeff2010