SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:34 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post

I am looking for cheap alternatives, until I can swing for the radian's.

Thanks
The Multiwii boards are a good alternative as well as an Openpilot CC board.

Another great option is the Picloc 3x Pro.
Sid3ways is online now Find More Posts by Sid3ways
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:23 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
... I think the arms are so flimsy now that the motors have already moved slightly before the IMU moves and it's causing sort of a resonance to develop.
This is a recurring theme with multiple reports of the S800+Z15 having no jello in the beginning, and then appearing after a number of flights.
This would suggest that the plastic arms are weakened over time by vibrations, making them even more flexible.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:27 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
As soon as I get the Anti-Vibration mounts from SeCraft I will personally test them.

Yes, the Flu was tough this year. Still worked everyday thou.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:37 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
This is a recurring theme with multiple reports of the S800+Z15 having no jello in the beginning, and then appearing after a number of flights.
This would suggest that the plastic arms are weakened over time by vibrations, making them even more flexible.
I would more expect the rubber isolators on the Z15 to weaken (become more elastic) over time than the molded plastic arms. No one with the vibration issues has yet to replace them with the stiffer options, I'm betting that would take care of the Z15G people.
Sid3ways is online now Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:59 AM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,060 Posts
I'm going to buy mine from Robert if they turn out to do a good job because he does a great job supporting what he sells but Secraft posted some more pictures... http://secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1342

I wish you could have 2 red and 4 black as an option.

The price doesn't seem too bad.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dolby; Feb 05, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:25 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I'm going to buy mine from Robert if they turn out to do a good job because he does a great job supporting what he sells but Secraft posted some more pictures... http://secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1342

If they improve the video quality for the average servo gimbals they will sell a lot!

Not everyone wants to hassle carbon/resin mess unless you do it all the time, bolt on parts "if they work" are the way to go for mods.

Seacraft, make sure both hardware and the plates are hardened material and you might have a winner!
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
194 Posts
does anybody make an adapter plate to use the Cinestar gimble on the S800 frame ?
pipercubdude is offline Find More Posts by pipercubdude
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:04 PM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,031 Posts
Subscribed
zagimon is offline Find More Posts by zagimon
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:40 PM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
United States, CA, Los Gatos
Joined Feb 2006
336 Posts
I agreed! 4 B and 2 R.
$32 each
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post

zzr is offline Find More Posts by zzr
Last edited by zzr; Feb 05, 2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Price
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:03 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
As soon as I get the Anti-Vibration mounts from SeCraft I will personally test them.

Yes, the Flu was tough this year. Still worked everyday thou.
Ah, so they're SeCraft then. How long until you get them? I have the carbon stuff ordered but I might do these instead.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:26 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
They can be ordered direct from Secraft, and you will find that their shipping is top notch. Secraft totally stands behind their products and are great people to deal with. We are doing a review of their Rhine X Quad Copter, which should be out this week. We flew it today and it is a sporty little Bastard......
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:32 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001 View Post
They can be ordered direct from Secraft, and you will find that their shipping is top notch. Secraft totally stands behind their products and are great people to deal with. We are doing a review of their Rhine X Quad Copter, which should be out this week. We flew it today and it is a sporty little Bastard......
I checked the shipping amount and put in the wrong zone and it said $40 shipping. I put in the right one and it's $19 which is more reasonable. How long does it normally take to get stuff from South Korea?
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:39 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,212 Posts
I ordered the SeCraft retracts for the S800 on 31 Dec, just got them in last weekend. Although there were some problems with my order, once everything was resolved it only took 7 business days to get it.
Despite the issues I had, they always replied to my emails and questions. Based on the customer service I received alone, I'm sold on doing business with SeCraft. They have a customer for life. Now if they only could drop the price a bit on their products.
Vlodek9 is online now Find More Posts by Vlodek9
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:48 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
Their Customer Service is very hard to beat....They look at anything from the Customer's point of view and value your input greatly. Just because they are in Korea should have NO impact on your purchase. The ONLY drawback is that sometimes things get missed in translation from Korean to English, but they are working on that. The Customer always gets the benifit of doubt and what do you have to loose...? They have been around for years (just check the competitive circles) and they stand, totally behind what they sell. Yes, it usually takes seven business days to receive your order (based on the US) and their products are well proven in the RC World. As far as reccomendations, I can reccomend them highly......!
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:57 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Yes, SeCraft is a great company that makes great products. Quality on everything is top notch.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor