Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:15 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Was that you at the airport?... Sorry about that but I was in a hurry that day...

* I would like to hear "the rest of the story"....
If he doesn't tell that story on here I'll pry it out of him when we get to drinkin' up in H'ville in a few weeks.

Oh, and P.S. Keith (M): We ain't going to Caraba's again. I'm still mad about $6.00 Coronas.

seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Last edited by seanpcola; Sep 11, 2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: .!h
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:40 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Hey Sean, Is Carabas worthy of a qualifier statement like you apply to Sprint (sucks) ?

Each time I read your posts where you include the name Sprint with its qualifier I crack up! (See? You've definitely had a lasting impression on me - in a good way!)

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:47 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
Hey Sean, Is Carabas worthy of a qualifier statement like you apply to Sprint (sucks) ?

Each time I read your posts where you include the name Sprint with its qualifier I crack up! (See? You've definitely had a lasting impression on me - in a good way!)

Cheers,

Rob
Actually the food was OK but Keith and I were forced to go. We shan't make that mistake this year. If I'm going to go somewhere that charges $6.00 for a Corona it's will have a stage and poles.

Well, I've got to Sprint back to work.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:53 PM
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
If I'm going to go somewhere that charges $6.00 for a Corona it's will have a stage and poles.
Killing me here Sean!! (nice use of the word "sprint" without its qualifier )

Rob
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:20 PM
"Fly"Fisherman
Guntersville, AL
Joined Jun 2004
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Actually the food was OK but Keith and I were forced to go. We shan't make that mistake this year. If I'm going to go somewhere that charges $6.00 for a Corona it's will have a stage and poles.

The stage and poles were in the adjoining room. I remember you downing enough Corona to miss that little tidbit so I don't think $6 a bottle was the inhibiting factor.
Asher Carmichael is offline Find More Posts by Asher Carmichael
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,115 Posts
Robh,

I have two build tables in my new man cave (building room). The one in that picture has a 3' X 7' torsion box on top of an old, metal desk, that I refurbished, with a sheet of 16 ga galvanized steel for a top so that I can build with magnets (a totally new experience for me. I'm use to pins in boards). On the wall behind this table is a lattice work that holds & separates my very strong RE magnets & on the wall to the right is another sheet of steel covered with real imitation walnut shelf paper that stores the smaller magnets & vertical clamps/presses.

My other table is also a 3' X 7' one that I built with a 3/4" birch ply top and lower shelf, maple sides & runners, pine 4 X 4 legs, and a glass top. I have another 4' counter that houses my vise, grinder, and sander. Lots of shelving in the room, but still not enough - LOL. (Pics below)
SHVentus is offline Find More Posts by SHVentus
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:59 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,279 Posts
Wow! (wolf whistle) Who are you trying to kid here Ventus... you CAN"T build a sailplane in that cave. (operating room) It's WAY TOO CLEAN!!! and a little too organized.No excuses for losing anything...

* I wish I had a space like that to build! SOOoooo nice.
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:08 PM
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Ditto what IHAVA said, wow, that looks like some sort of "clean room". (completely envious here of how great your space looks!!)

Nice FEIN shopvac... I recently acquired one myself for the kayak build - love how one can plug a sander directly into it and have the sander control the on/off for the vac! That thing is so quiet in comparison to the old gas burner that I used to have and the 20 foot hose is killer.

Now I've got a picture of the shop and build system that I hope to have someday (yours!).

Thanks for posting the pics, and if you saw mine you'd probably cringe.

Cheers,

Rob
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:11 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,115 Posts
Thanks Keith!

Please know that those are basically pre-use photos. I usually start a project here & then find that the one tool I positively, without a doubt, gotta have is at home, or vice versa. I've also looked high and low for a tool that I know I have, sometimes even have 2 or 3 of them (from previous un-rewarding hunting expeditions) , can't find them, buy another, and THEN find it (if I'm lucky). I hate that. So much wasted time. Figured that I'd try to get, and stay organized (Ha, Ha, Ha), and then spend more time building and less time looking for tools that I know are somewhere. I'll see how long it looks this un-cluttered. All my sockets are still in several places.

* it's taken 2-3 years of man cave building to get here.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:15 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,115 Posts
Thanks Rob. Yeah that Fein is SO much quieter than my Sears shop vac. I too love the long hose, and the ability to have it turn on & off with whatever tool is plugged into it.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:16 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,533 Posts
Nice looking shop there SHV. Who is the helper in the doorway in the last picture?

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:22 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,115 Posts
Wayne,

That's my youngest. She turned 15 on July 4th. She's a Pit Bull-Heeler cross that I found in the mountains, skin & bones, when she was 7-8 months old. Love her, and my old lady, a coming up on16 yo Blue Healer.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:36 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,115 Posts
Keith,

Here are some pics you'd appreciate. I built this bike cabinet back in 2005. It's in the corner of my man cave (between the glass topped table and the Craftsman tool chest). I need to get back on this baby and ride many miles to help burn away a lot of fat.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:25 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Carmichael View Post
The stage and poles were in the adjoining room. I remember you downing enough Corona to miss that little tidbit so I don't think $6 a bottle was the inhibiting factor.
I figured the Caraba's mention would get you to come out of the "woodwork" Asher. What good would the stage and poles do where we were? YOU? In a thong?????

And, I'll have you know I only had one Corona at dinner. I was riding with the Wildman of London in his land yacht and someone had to stay sober to make sure he drove back to the motel on the correct side of the road. I shunned the demon beer till we got back to the rooms. Remember, I was forced by Keith to drink that vile ferrin' beer then had a 2 hour conversation with Jeff (Scaflock) over highly technical design details of his ASP whereby I allowed him the honor of my vast building and designing experience ..................then fell asleep and forgot I even talked to him for a week.

Side note: Asher, I talked to Richard K. for about an hour this evening. When you get a chance call him. Don't mention to him that he's a whipped, pantywaist, broken hulk of a man, easily lead by the nose, wuss, wimp, lacking in cajones, nancyboy that is little more than a yes man for his MUCH better half. Please assure him that we fully understand that it was his () decision, nay demand! that he go with his wife to a formal dinner that weekend versus attending the Huntsville Aerotow. Reaffirm our opinion of him as a real man, leader of the household, "He who wears the pants in that family" and a true force to be reckoned with in that relationship. Tell Mr. Testosterone that we won't talk badly about him behind his back, never mention that he was too skeered to just say no. Oh, and make him feel better by saying that the weather conditions might be a little above his flying skill level so it's best that he just stays home that weekend anyway.

It's for his own good.

Really.

We understand.

We won't think less of him for not showing up.

Really.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:28 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Alright everyone, after seeing photos of Skip's workshop all I can say is "Now who is the sick minded Anal retentive, obsessed woodie guy on here?"

The shop is awesome Skip! I'm gonna have to check out those vacs.

I'm brining the dump trailer home this weekend and will spend all day Saturday and Sunday jamming to the tunes ................... errrrrrr, cleaning the shop and repairing the leak damage.