SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 22, 2014, 03:03 AM
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
490 Posts
Discussion
Las vegas

Any local Las Vegas multirotor enthusiasts? I'm still somewhat new so was curious if there were any more out here. I'm also wanted to see if there were anybody that will do builds or willing to lend a hand with my first build that I can learn from. If there is I'd be more than willing to compensate you for your time and help. And if anybody every wants to do some flying I'd love to meet up with other enthusiasts.

Even if you fly rc planes I'd love to come out and watch as I'd like to get into rc planes in the near future.
Mr.Aaron is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2014, 09:06 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,308 Posts
Las Vegas Soaring Club - FPV

There is a few of us that fly FPV at the LVSC which is located 3 mile west of the I215 off the W. Charleston exit. We will be flying tomorrow morning from 10am-2pm or so; you are more than welcome to join us. I was thinking about starting a thread for LV & FPV to help with getting more of us FPVers together and fly at different locations throughout the valley. Most of the guys fly quads; I've just started flying a penguin FPV airplane. Hope you can make it out to the field sometime.

Mike
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Old Sep 07, 2014, 12:51 PM
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSloper View Post
There is a few of us that fly FPV at the LVSC which is located 3 mile west of the I215 off the W. Charleston exit. We will be flying tomorrow morning from 10am-2pm or so; you are more than welcome to join us. I was thinking about starting a thread for LV & FPV to help with getting more of us FPVers together and fly at different locations throughout the valley. Most of the guys fly quads; I've just started flying a penguin FPV airplane. Hope you can make it out to the field sometime.

Mike
Hey sloper, I actually don't live to far from there if I'm thinking of the right place. Would definitely like to come flying with you guys once I have my blackout built.

Ya fixed wing is what I really want to get into and I have everything for my bix just need to build it.

Ya a thread would be a good idea as I'm sure there are more.
Mr.Aaron is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Old Oct 23, 2014, 06:08 PM
Joined Apr 2014
175 Posts
LV Drone and FPV Club

There is a club that meets every Saturday in Las Vegas that is free and meets at the dry lake bed towards Boulder City. We fly multirotors and fixed wing no AMA requirements needed.

This is the page where we plan and meetings are posted!

https://www.facebook.com/lasvegasdroneclub?ref=hl
HobbyFreak is offline Find More Posts by HobbyFreak
Old Oct 23, 2014, 08:26 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyFreak View Post
There is a club that meets every Saturday in Las Vegas that is free and meets at the dry lake bed towards Boulder City. We fly multirotors and fixed wing no AMA requirements needed.

This is the page where we plan and meetings are posted!

https://www.facebook.com/lasvegasdroneclub?ref=hl
Great, I'll try to make it out there sometime; this weekend's weather is not looking good.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:26 PM
Joined Apr 2014
175 Posts
Quote:
Great, I'll try to make it out there sometime; this weekend's weather is not looking good.
Nope not meeting this weekend! The mini guys usually go to the sam boyd park and fly even with wind when we don't have a meeting at the lake bed!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:24 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,308 Posts
The post was for last weekend; I will check the Facebook page.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:59 AM
Joined Apr 2014
175 Posts
Quote:
The post was for last weekend; I will check the Facebook page.
We will not be meeting this weekend. The next meet will be next weekend wind permitting!