SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:39 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post
This is as close to a no brainer as you can get IMHO...
40% off the Mythos S Pro

http://www.f3aunlimited.com/sebart-mytho-s-pro-2m-arf
http://www.f3aunlimited.com/sebart-m...rf-in-blue-red

No affiliation, just saw it on Mike's site while looking for some other stuff.
And yes, my bride already gave me "that look"...

Only if you have $2000 laying around doing nothing. Now I've been accused of being a tight wad but if I came home with a $2000 airplane, well, the airplane would be the cheapest part of the divorce

Maybe if I win the lottery.............

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 06:08 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenh3497 View Post
Only if you have $2000 laying around doing nothing. Now I've been accused of being a tight wad but if I came home with a $2000 airplane, well, the airplane would be the cheapest part of the divorce

Maybe if I win the lottery.............

Ken
If we are talking lottery or divorce and F3A planes, then I would go straight past Sebart and even Oxai and directly to Adachi or Inagaki

http://www3.ic-net.or.jp/~a-factory/index.html
or
http://www.ctt.ne.jp/~wcraft/passion.htm

Absolute works of art.
ltc is offline Find More Posts by ltc
Old Oct 22, 2014, 09:48 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post
If we are talking lottery or divorce and F3A planes, then I would go straight past Sebart and even Oxai and directly to Adachi or Inagaki

http://www3.ic-net.or.jp/~a-factory/index.html
or
http://www.ctt.ne.jp/~wcraft/passion.htm

Absolute works of art.
Oh Ya.. Those are some uuugly airplanes
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Oct 25, 2014, 05:07 PM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,120 Posts
For those that may be interested, we received confirmation that the all-new SebArt PrometheuS Pro 140E will be built in the same factory as the Mytho S Pro 140E (and the Mytho S Pro 140E will continue to be produced for the foreseeable future).
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2014, 04:53 PM
media, pennsylvania, united states
Joined Aug 2006
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossee View Post
2.3 Rudder

The rudder is not much to tell about. It has the curved shape seen from above and the only modification I made was to use two Robart 309 4,5 mm pin hinges in the two middle hinges, the other two outer hinges was Robart 308 3 mm pin hinges.
For rudder servo I use Futaba BLS 551 (same as wing servos) and it is mounted in tail.
Rudder servo arm is Robbe metal arm 21 mm 8513.
http://www.robbe.de/alu-servohebel-1..._from_store=de

In rudder servo mounting hole in fuselage I reinforced the hole with a 2 mm plywood frame inside and added another 2 mm strip of plywood where the
servoscrews goes through.

/Bo
Good Thread. Where did you find that thin black tube that fits over the tail wheel steering arm such as you can see in your last pic here? I see it's in Sebart's manual but darn if it can find it in my kit nor can I find anything comparable yet locally to take it's place.
luckymacy is offline Find More Posts by luckymacy
Old Oct 28, 2014, 05:00 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymacy View Post
Good Thread. Where did you find that thin black tube that fits over the tail wheel steering arm such as you can see in your last pic here? I see it's in Sebart's manual but darn if it can find it in my kit nor can I find anything comparable yet locally to take it's place.
I used heat shrink (yellow), it doesn't matter if it slides or not (I heated mine), it just takes up the space so the rod fits a little more snug...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Oct 28, 2014, 07:23 PM
media, pennsylvania, united states
Joined Aug 2006
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
I used heat shrink (yellow), it doesn't matter if it slides or not (I heated mine), it just takes up the space so the rod fits a little more snug...

Jack
I thought of that and I have a lot of different sizes of heat shrink I looked over but nothing that darn small! It's a good backup plan next time I see a radio snack store.
luckymacy is offline Find More Posts by luckymacy
Old Oct 28, 2014, 07:51 PM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,210 Posts
luckymacy,

The black heat shrink tube I used was a 2.3 millimeter outer diameter and 1.5 millimeter inner diameter tube I had left over from an indoor depron plane build. The diameter on the tail wheel steering arm piano wire is 1.2 millimeter. I used some heat to shrink the tube once it was in place on the piano wire.

Any larger electronics shop should have it I suppose, or just goggle on it and I'm sure You will find shrink tube in some online store (RC or electronics shop).

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Old Nov 09, 2014, 09:05 PM
Joined Jun 2004
70 Posts
Just finishing the motor install of a brenner contra in one of these. You need to eliminate the right thrust , and up some creative jigging and a small table sander and it's all in , hysol is curing. Not a ton different than installing a standard motor but with the contra you need to disassemble the whole thing while fitting the motor mount. About 15 times in and out but it's looking good. I will post some pics when the glue has cured. It's hanging for now.
B@@mer is offline Find More Posts by B@@mer
Old Nov 16, 2014, 01:41 PM
Joined Jun 2004
70 Posts
A couple pics of the install , it turned out really well.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
Joined Jun 2014
184 Posts
Nice. Let us know what you think after flying.
WR_Rider is offline Find More Posts by WR_Rider
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:38 PM
Joined Jun 2004
70 Posts
Unfortunately I'm building it for a friend so he will have to post his findings. It's getting cold up here in the great white north so it may be a bit before we test fly it.