HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:33 AM
Joined Aug 2013
462 Posts
with my 13 tooth motor and 104 main gear works out at 5411.25 head speed,use to run at 200 % gain but would go through too many sets of main blades so now my main motor gain is set to 80 % and works well
sweets is offline Find More Posts by sweets
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:44 AM
Joined Oct 2014
88 Posts
How much futzing is involved with changing between pinions and main gears? I'd think there would be a lot of trial fitting to get the right gear mesh and engagement.
I've never touched the motor mounts, are the mounting plate holes oversized to allow changes in position for the right engagement?

A little digging, ain't google wunerful? And I found a nice little video on finding the high side of a main gear and setting up a good lash with s trip of paper. Glad I didn't have to dig out the Prussian Blue and dial indicators like I'm used to using.
JohnFM is offline Find More Posts by JohnFM
Last edited by JohnFM; Nov 26, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:55 AM
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets View Post
with my 13 tooth motor and 104 main gear works out at 5411.25 head speed,use to run at 200 % gain but would go through too many sets of main blades so now my main motor gain is set to 80 % and works well
why would you go through so many main blades?
WhiteCloud is online now Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:30 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,054 Posts
I just converted to 5-blades! The canopy is temporary. I'm waiting for a new canopy from MicroHeli. Should be here Friday!

I've also installed the 13t pinion. Flies great. Smooth and steady hover, but snappy on demand!
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:33 PM
Joined Oct 2014
88 Posts
Those 5 blade setups look so cool, but whew, some spendy parts to get it done.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:43 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM View Post
Those 5 blade setups look so cool, but whew, some spendy parts to get it done.
I had a 15% off coupon with RKH, so I got everything for $100!
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Nov 26, 2014, 03:31 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
See post 1388 Since the stock motor uses a stepped shaft most pinions will not work. I made a suggestion on how to modify a pinion. It is a lot of work and easy to mess up. Just ask.
I will go back and search 2.3 mm mod 5 pinions and see what I come up with. Earlier I was only interested in a 13 t pinion so that is what I got. When the proper pinions were released the modification was no longer needed. Now with a 17 t pinion we will have to get creative again.
And I was the first to do the mod before anyone tried it....
no biggy man
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Joined Aug 2013
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCloud View Post
why would you go through so many main blades?
have a bird which is used as a test bird (hk servos own carbon booms, shells )a lot of my moves are from up high into dive with low power then pull out with max power to put things under stress doing these moves makes the blades bend half way along the blade length so they are no longer level and have to be changed out
sweets is offline Find More Posts by sweets
Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM
Joined Oct 2014
88 Posts
200 SRX w/ Lynx tail rotor

OK, I got some tail rotors for the 200 SRX made by Lynx. Supposed to be a little bit better grade of plastic than those supplied by Blade.
They do seem a little heavier and are a couple mm bigger in diameter, otherwise they look the same.
So, I put one on to see what happens. The tail boom immediately got hot and the motor hot as a fire cracker! Put the Blade rotor back on and everything went back to normal. Whut !?!
I've been swapping back and forth and now I'm not getting that extreme over heat again. The Lynx blades do cause the motor to get warmer, with the Blade/HH blades I can feel the motor has warmed up, but just a bit.

Anyone care to take a guess at what wacky gremlins are at work here?
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Dec 2013
8 Posts
Only thing is to make sure they are facing the correct way. Some of the 200 srx shipped with the tail rotors facing the wrong way causing the motors to get so hot, they melt the wires.
rebelman is online now Find More Posts by rebelman
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM
Joined Oct 2014
88 Posts
No incorrect installation.
Not a change in anything, just the wacky difference between rotors that was there then wasn't.
Too weird.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM View Post
No incorrect installation.
Not a change in anything, just the wacky difference between rotors that was there then wasn't.
Too weird.
Make sure all wires are in good shape, no short or open insulator and also check all bullets connection inside tail boom. Sometimes when putting in they could show up some open area that may cause short with too tight tail boom diameter.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM
Joined Oct 2014
88 Posts
I've got another new tail boom assy. Later today I might pull off the boom that's mounted and have a good look at the wires.
When I first got this particular 200 SRX I had major over heat in the tail motor, didn't know about some samples being shipped with the tail blade on wrong and mine WAS.
So, could be there's a jacket failure in the boom wiring somewhere that just happened to short out when I first tried the Lynx blade.
I dunno.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM
"Experimental"
United States, NY, Elbridge
Joined Feb 2013
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusdriverSA View Post
Hi All,

New to this thread, but been reading a bit and flying my 200srx for a few weeks now.

Unfortunately the inevitable happened (crash) and I managed to strip the aileron servo gears. There are no spares readily available in my area, but my LHS had some hitec hs-45hb servos which are a drop in fit, but I think the servo rotation is reversed compared to the stock servos.

So, I had to reverse the aileron channel on my transmitter to get the correct servo movement with stick movement.

The problem is, reversing the channel in the tx menu doesn't seem to reverse the gyro outputs. So, when I spool up to take off, the gyro pushes the heli further in the direction it's tilting so making the situation worse. I.E it's correcting in the wrong direction because my new servo has reverse rotation compared to the original. Luckily I can never get far enough off the ground to crash -it just falls over!

So, does anyone know how to reverse the output of the GYRO only so it will correct the swashplate in the correct sense? I haven't rebound my rx to tx yet-would this make any difference?

I did a search on the thread but didn't find anything specific to my issue. Thanks very much all!

Cheers,

Busdriver
I sent a PM, this is the gadget. I see from your post on the Bell body you deal with Amain. The picture is clipped off their site. That one has the 'micro' connectors, not the Futaba/JR ones, but they're out there. Or you could splice/change connectors on it in in a pinch.

I like the Bell fuse. Just got a 'Angry Bird' one, but may have to re-style soon.
Always been a Bell Jet Ranger fan, had my 1st Heli ride in one back when they were new.

Clear Skies, Scott

Edit - Heres exactly what you need at HobbyKing

http://www.amain.com/spektrum-as2000...everser/p70482
Scott594 is offline Find More Posts by Scott594
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Scott594; Yesterday at 01:43 PM.