HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2013, 05:31 AM
Simple, Easy, Fun
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2013
752 Posts
Question
"Missing" video of Russian Hybrid

A few months ago I came across a Russian hybrid blimp. It was somewhat similar to what I want to do in that it used several small envelopes to make a larger craft, but it differed in that:

-- it was large and meant for outdoor use

-- one issue was to provide enough power to deal with the wind

-- another issue was to provide enough stiffness through the structure, because he was dealing with wind, gusts, etc.

Sooo... in many ways it was not at all close to what I want to do, but on the other hand, it was the only other thing I've seen that I thought was at least somewhat close.

However, I apparently did not bookmark it, and now I've tried searching for it and cannot find it.

-- I think the envelopes were blue.
-- I think the thing was about 8 ft long
-- I think the envelopes were arranged in a roughly triangular cross-section
-- I remember that there were at least 2 videos, showing slightly different versions, and that a guy was flying the thing in brown field and running around after it.

If anybody has seen this, and has a link, or remembers what the blimp was called, or in any way can point me in the right direction, please do so.

Cheers,
Gabe
Gabe_BigApple is online now Find More Posts by Gabe_BigApple
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Single-stick Tx design thread
to remove ads between posts