SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Discussion
v-tail mixing head ace

Hello my name is Jean, i am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I have been slope soaring delta wings for a while now and felt like an upgrade so purchased a zephyr v70 from hobbyking.

So im using a Futaba t6j tx and r200g6s rx works fine with my delta wings and set up could not be any easier....

Struggling a little with the mixing though with my zephyr v70, i think im 99% there just missing something and can't figure out what..

My Rx is set as so

channel 1 right flaperon
channel 2 left ruddervator
channel 3 ESC
channel 4 right ruddervator
channel 5 ---------
channel 6 left flaperon

My TX have PMX 1 & PMX 2 set as so

PMX 1 set as so

channel 2 master channel 6 slave

PMX 2 set as so

channel 1 master channel 4 slave

These setting are giving me the following results....

Aileron/elevator control stick left = left flaperon/ruddervator up.
right flaperon/ruddervator down giving me my left turn

Aileron/elevator control stick right = right flaperon/ruddervator up .
left flaperon/ruddervator down giving me my right turn

Now where im having the problems

Aileron/elevator control stick down = right / left ruddervators / left flaperon up. right flaperon down

Aileron/elevator control stick up = right / left ruddervators / left flaperon down. right flaperon up

so basicly the right flaperon (channel 1) is not following the left flaperon (channel 6) and ruddervators (channels 2&4) when making commands for climb and dive

would also like to add that a Y piece came with the zephyr v70 for connect left and right flaperon into a single channel which in not using (not sure if this is causing the problem)

here is a video clip of my dilemma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-YHiQPbtzDM

Any help would be gladly appreciated have been obsessing over days now and just seem to be going round in circles, im sure the solution is simple and just need pointed in the right direction

thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance for any help given.

jean.
j.quemener is offline Find More Posts by j.quemener
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:03 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,992 Posts
Well, your tail is moving backwards. For a right turn, the right aileron goes up, but the right ruddervator should go down. Try rotating the tail so it's vertical and you'll see what I mean.

Here's a link that has a chart showing the proper V tail movement.

http://blogs.hari.us/archive/2010/02...-rc-plane.aspx

Fixing that will probably solve your problem. But the question I have is why do you want them coupled? I would want separate controls I.e. rudder/elevator, aileron.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Azarr thanks so much for the reply

I was thinking that my v tail and alerons where ment to move in unison....

Just to make sure I'm on the same page hear....

What your saying and the blog is saying the correct set up is to have the alerons and v tail controling left and right turning and the up and down control all done by the vtail ?

Jean
Last edited by j.quemener; Dec 07, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:54 AM
Joensuu, Finland
Joined Mar 2002
1,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.quemener View Post
What your saying and the blog is saying the correct set up is to have the alerons and v tail controling left and right turning and the up and down control all done by the vtail ?
Correct.
jkettu is offline Find More Posts by jkettu
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:37 AM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Great starting to understand.... still a little confused confused as to why you wouldn't want the the ailerons to also act as elevators... but probably this is probably just because im used to the elevrons(delta wing) set up for my wings...

any ways so if i have under stood every thing correctly i should be now ready to maiden this baby after i have done trim adjustments act....

so as im set up now ready for action...?

right stick down = rudervators up
right stick up = rudervators down
right stick left = left aileron up, right aileron down / left rudervator down, right rudervator up
right stick right = right aileron up, left aileron down / right rudervator down, left rudervator up

left stick right = right rudervator down, left rudervator up
left stick left = left rudervator down, right rudervator up
left stick up = throttle on
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:51 AM
Joensuu, Finland
Joined Mar 2002
1,506 Posts
Correct. Although you have a roll->yaw mix, which imho isn't necessary. But this depends on the plane and is a personal preference in any case. Just go fly and see if you like it.

The ailerons are not used for pitch control because they are so close to neutral axis that their effect would be neglicable. It is possible to mix flaps/ailerons with elevator to instantly change wing Cl for tight pitch manouvers, but this is an exeption and if you need it, you will know why and how. Search for "snap flap" for details.
jkettu is offline Find More Posts by jkettu
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Jekktu thank you so much for your help... I have canceled my role yaw mix and gonna maiden later today... I'm sure every thing will make sense once she's in the air....

Thanks
Jean