HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:12 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Dec 2010
93 Posts
I have a friend that took the middle part off the muffler an just used it as a two piece instead.. He got a new bolt that would fit an hold the two pieces together..
ideas is offline Find More Posts by ideas
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:30 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Dec 2010
93 Posts
Just a few pics of his setup, it seems to work very well, good power only a little louder than normal, but no coming apart..
ideas is offline Find More Posts by ideas
Old Oct 28, 2014, 02:53 PM
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
I understand the stock muffler will come loose if not sealed properly as it did for me. However, after being properly sealed and locked I have two that are holding tight after 3 gallons of fuel and the same goes for many other owners. I'm not sure what some of you are doing or not doing where you keep having stock muffler issues.
I have to say sealing all the joints with silicon gasket compound as well as applying it to the nut worked for me. I also used the gasket compound on the muffler to engine faces, without the standard gasket and worked for me as well. They say tightening up when hot helps but I would have thought the aluminium body would expand more than the steel bolt and hence tighten everything up when hot anyway.
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit