2,256 Posts
Wilco, I might try Ace hardware.Thanks!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:41 AM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
760 Posts
Thanks for the link to crow setup, that I can do, I was just hoping someone on this forum was using it and what surface deflections they were happy with, thanks.
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:45 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
husafreak
we started with 3mm and now we are at about 6mm, I would recommend the same, start with 3 or 4mm and get the feel and then increase it to find what you like

John
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:12 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75 View Post
Here are my settings posted here months ago...

crow and flaps setup...here are the measurements

mid / take off
elevator..4mm down
flaps...30 degrees down
crow...4mm up

landing
elevator...6mm down
flaps...45 degrees down
crow...8mm up
Here's some figures from an excellent pilot and awesome builder!! These are the setting I use aswell! Happy New Year!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:32 PM
Joined Nov 2003
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Happy New Year!
+1
and all remember the secret code for every New Year: whoever dies with most toys, wins!
vasek is offline Find More Posts by vasek
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:08 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek View Post
+1
and all remember the secret code for every New Year: whoever dies with most toys, wins!
As long as you come back from the dead and get to enjoy them again.
Cheers all j
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Nov 2003
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
As long as you come back from the dead and get to enjoy them again.
Cheers all j
well not really then comes the sad part, when your wife sells all your stuff @ the prices you said you bought it for
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek View Post
well not really Then comes the sad part, when your wife sells all your stuff @ the prices you said you bought it for :d
lol!!
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Nov 2003
698 Posts
life is cruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton View Post
lol!!
...but the worst is yet to come; when she accidentally finds the hidden box with all receipts you kept for warranty purposes no doubt she'll have you cremated even tho you specifically instructed her not to do that. now you gonna burn in h€ll
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:23 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,984 Posts
What you need is a more expensive hobby so that your wife will be grateful you are only spending on toy planes. motor sports and yachting will see her begging to buy you your next Habu.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
760 Posts
Thanks, I'll start there then. probably put the aileron reflex on a separate flight mode initially but with the small amounts of up aileron it should still roll well. That should give enough drag to steepen up the approach glide path a bit!
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Yea. I think a good boat or bike threat would calm most complaints.
I have no wife. And girlfriends have no say! Woot!!
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:35 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husafreak View Post
Thanks, I'll start there then. probably put the aileron reflex on a separate flight mode initially but with the small amounts of up aileron it should still roll well. That should give enough drag to steepen up the approach glide path a bit!
It's actually amazing how slow you can get the Habu down too.The Crow set-up is really not needed once your landing skills are honed and sharpened, but if your runways are short where you fly, Crow is a nice radio set-up to help out in tight situations. If you need help with the set-up and have a X9303, PMME with your concerns.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
Super pissed off right now!! the counter sunk screws (2 of them) broke off while assembling the retracts. I heard a pop, thought the wood mounts cracked. I back the rest of the screws out and then another popped. My so far uneventful build has gone in the toilet. I am really at a loss as to what to do. I was thinking I should dremel out the metal portion of the screw but dont have a bit small enough. The other option I was thinking was to cut around the top of the screw to expose enough of the thread to get at it with pliers. Any ideas? Anyone else have this happen to them? I cant believe how weak these screws are with such a nice kit....help is appreciated.

Once I do get them out, any idea where to find a stronger replacement screw? I wont be using the rest of them.
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:37 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
Super pissed off right now!! the counter sunk screws (2 of them) broke off while assembling the retracts. I heard a pop, thought the wood mounts cracked. I back the rest of the screws out and then another popped. My so far uneventful build has gone in the toilet. I am really at a loss as to what to do. I was thinking I should dremel out the metal portion of the screw but dont have a bit small enough. The other option I was thinking was to cut around the top of the screw to expose enough of the thread to get at it with pliers. Any ideas? Anyone else have this happen to them? I cant believe how weak these screws are with such a nice kit....help is appreciated.

Once I do get them out, any idea where to find a stronger replacement screw? I wont be using the rest of them.
yes I did that! Even after reading all the warnngs here.I f you dremel around the screw you will be able to grip the exposed end with a pliers or a small vice grips.I then filed the top of the hole with expoxy and micro ballons and redrilled. I used small countersunk wood screws 3.5mm to fit the retract.Does'nt take long when you know what you are doing.

Cheers
Steve
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2