New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2015, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Crasher View Post
After 2+ years, still no build instructions. I've seen a couple of promising posts, claiming the inevitability of them, but no... still nada.

I wonder if I let mine sit in the box for a year, if I will have instructions?

Crasher
You did get really fast shipping and delivery.
Barb
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2015, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by Ensign Crasher
Chaos Theory Meets Dumb Thumbs
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Apr 2013
74 Posts
You are so right, Barb. I should have mentioned that First. I received exceptional shipping and delivery and... you spent more on shipping than you charged me. Thanks!

And, while I am at it, I have always gotten really good service from WMPF. That is why I didn't even look for build instructions, as I knew they would be there.

Oh well, maybe this time (on the instructions) will be the charm.

Crasher
Ensign Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Crasher
Old Aug 16, 2015, 02:07 PM
Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
912 Posts
After a 25 month delay, I finally took the plunge and assembled my Micro McFoamy X this past May. Very glad I finally did! I bought my kit at the Toledo RC show in 2013 and held off for detailed directions. They showed up as postings from other people's builds on this thread, and also from me assembling other flat-foamy planes.

Unique to my McFoamy X is a receiver board from the UMX Habu-S which includes SAFE flight modes of which I use Beginner and Expert. Panic switch works too I had to be careful on board placement and orientation, since my attempts to reprogram it all failed and I am left with the factory settings. Even so, only the ailerons are occasionally annoying with rocking from sometimes too much gyro gain.

Motor is a Turnigy 1811-1500KV rewired for 2600KV. Prop is the 5.75" diameter from the UMX Pitts S-1S. Servos include one E-Flite linear on the rudder and three of the Hobby King 1.9 gram rotaries for aileron and elevator. No signs of over working the rotary servos, yet. For balance, the 2-cell Turnigy 260mah battery is velcroed to the opposite side of the fuselage as the receiver board. Landing gear is not used since I fly over grass.

After some fine tuning of the control throws, degrees of expo, and C.G. placement the balance of my McFoamy X is coming together very well. I am growing quite a bit from it toward my aerobatic skills! And having SAFE modes is just cool It can be too easy to fly now, as raw beginners can attest too after trying this one out in easy mode.

Thank you WMPF for a fine design!
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Last edited by CorvetteC5; Aug 17, 2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 09:51 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5 View Post
After a 25 month delay, I finally took the plunge and assembled my Micro McFoamy X this past May. Very glad I finally did! I bought my kit at the Toledo RC show in 2013 and held off for detailed directions. They showed up as postings from other people's builds on this thread, and also from me assembling other flat-foamy planes.

Unique to my McFoamy X is a receiver board from the UMX Habu-S which includes SAFE flight modes of which I use Beginner and Expert. Panic switch works too I had to be careful on board placement and orientation, since my attempts to reprogram it all failed and I am left with the factory settings. Even so, only the ailerons are occasionally annoying with rocking from sometimes too much gyro gain.

Motor is a Turnigy 1811-1400KV rewired for 2600KV. Prop is the 5.75" diameter from the UMX Pitts S-1S. Servos include one E-Flite linear on the rudder and three of the Hobby King 1.9 gram rotaries for aileron and elevator. No signs of over working the rotary servos, yet. For balance, the 2-cell Turnigy 260mah battery is velcroed to the opposite side of the fuselage as the receiver board. Landing gear is not used since I fly over grass.

After some fine tuning of the control throws, degrees of expo, and C.G. placement the balance of my McFoamy X is coming together very well. I am growing quite a bit from it toward my aerobatic skills! And having SAFE modes is just cool It can be too easy to fly now, as raw beginners can attest too after trying this one out in easy mode.

Thank you, WMPF for a fine design!

Great paint scheme - Glad you got it together - Thanks for sharing the pictures - Have fun

Barb
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2015, 06:17 PM
Find More Posts by Ensign Crasher
Chaos Theory Meets Dumb Thumbs
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Apr 2013
74 Posts
CorvetteC5

Can you measure your CG and give an idea if you think she's a little tail/nose heavy how you have it. I've searched this thread and there appears to be a lot of questions asking for a starting CG, but didn't see any answers... unless I missed it again.

Crasher
Ensign Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Crasher
Old Aug 19, 2015, 09:23 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,824 Posts
This is Barb-
Most of the time the CG is right by the wing spar.
Hope that helps
RCG Plus Member