HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:51 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer View Post
So now it's just "shootings" not sprees.

You missed the 7 killed on Saturday in Chicago in your week 4 thread - I guess it's the wrong kind of shooting, wrong city (since guns are so heavily restrict there), or maybe the victims are just the wrong color.
Face it, more gun restrictions and more gun crime. It's the Chicago way!
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:53 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
In the past two days in houston ... Twice someone used a gun to save their own life or the life of another .... Of course that's not something billy is gonna report.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:55 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
In the past two days in houston ... Twice someone used a gun to save their own life or the life of another .... Of course that's not something billy is gonna report.
Bingo! Nor will the media for that matter, it's not on their agenda.
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:03 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
I went and asked my AR and all the others in the safe, none of them have been out so they didn't kill anyone or anything..........................
Mine were so good I started the process to adopt them a little bother,
debogus is online now Find More Posts by debogus
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:07 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Wait, WHAT?
For years the left has been responsible for the deterioration of the family, promoted single parent households, and generally made morality less important. The result is a bumper crop of degenerate criminals flooding our courts and prisons. These are the people committing the majority of the gun crimes. But does the left admit their failures and address the real issue? No, they blame the gun, and pass meaningless laws to make them feel better. Many can't understand this and continue to make the gun the problem when it is not.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:07 PM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
I want to take in 8 AR-15s, I want to be the Octo-dad!
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:10 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
I want to take in 8 AR-15s, I want to be the Octo-dad!
I've got two ....working on a third.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:19 PM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
One would figure that with all the bad talking poor little AR-15s would have a problem finding a nice home... Lately is been hard to find a homeless AR-15 or even one up fo addoption...
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:20 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
One would figure that with all the bad talking poor little AR-15s would have a problem finding a nice home... Lately is been hard to find a homeless AR-15 or even one up fo addoption...
You ain't kidden
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:45 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Developing news on the current SPREE shooting homicides:

Quote:
About 50 vehicles from federal, state and local agencies were clustered Wednesday at the end of a dirt road near Dykes' home. Authorities gave no details on the standoff, and it was unclear whether they were in contact with Dykes or he had made any demands.

Homes nearby were evacuated after authorities found what was believed to be a bomb on his property.

Mike and Patricia Smith, who live across the street from Dykes and whose two children were on the bus when the shooting happened, said their youngsters had a run-in with him about 10 months ago.

"My bulldogs got loose and went over there," Patricia Smith said. "The children went to get them. He threatened to shoot them if they came back."

"He's very paranoid," her husband said. "He goes around in his yard at night with a flashlight and shotgun."

Another neighbor, Ronda Wilbur, said Dykes beat her 120-pound dog with a lead pipe for coming onto his side of the dirt road. The dog died a week later.

"He said his only regret was he didn't beat him to death all the way," Wilbur said. She called animal control, who came out and talked to Dykes, but nothing else happened. "If a man can kill a dog, and beat it with a lead pipe and brag about it, it's nothing until it's going to be people."

Dykes had been scheduled to appear in court Wednesday to face a charge of menacing some neighbors as they drove by his house weeks ago. Claudia Davis said he yelled and fired shots at her, her son and her baby grandson over damage Dykes claimed their pickup truck did to a makeshift speed bump in the dirt road. No one was hurt.

"Before this happened, I would see him at several places and he would just stare a hole through me," Davis said. "On Monday I saw him at a laundromat and he seen me when I was getting in my truck, and he just stared and stared and stared at me."

http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-gunman...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
Dykes should have been in custody or had his firearms confiscated back when he threatened to shoot people. This is why any bizarre or outrageous statements about neighbors and guns, as seen here recently, should be taken seriously. Of course Alabama is a Red State, so there isn't concerned about armed citizenry. Is Arizona Red or Blue?

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:56 PM
Not watchin from the sideline
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Slayings Janurary 2013

Janurary 2013 slaying dramas:

Quote:
Police: Mother stabbed, 5-year-old daughter suffocated in Englewood double murder

The bodies of a 40-year-old mother and her 5-year-old daughter were found brutally murdered today on the city's west side.

Authorities believe the two were killed sometime on Monday, but were only found after police responded to a burglary call this morning. Tammy Pitts Gaddy was found with multiple stab wounds on the first-floor of her apartment at 276 West Palisade Avenue, while her daughter Natasia's body was located in a finished basement.

The young girl was apparently strangled. Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli said a black plastic bag, similar to a kitchen garbage bag, was found nearby.

Police have already spoken to several people about the murders, and have narrowed down a field of suspects to "a few," according to Molinelli. The killer is believed to have been someone in Gaddy's inner circle, who likely had access to the apartment.

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2...le_murder.html
Ever heard of these two ?

Quote:
An Alabama man accused of fatally stabbing his 2-year-old son wailed, banged his head on a table and asked a central Indiana judge for a rope during his initial court appearance Thursday.

Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala., feared someone was trying to kill him Wednesday when he fatally stabbed his 2-year-old son, Michael, in the chest with a kitchen knife and in the forehead with a nail-pulling tool, Noblesville police said in a probable cause affidavit.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/10...dge-to-kill-m/
No lack of crazy in the our country.
Yeaman is offline Find More Posts by Yeaman
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:19 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Bill, can I ask exactly what you seek to accomplish with these silly, useless threads? I mean, other than total gun control. I assume you're personally very scared of the darn things but do you have an even deeper motive?

Oh, sort of related: I drove to Auburn University and back yesterday. About 410 miler round trip, all interstate. Most cars that I passed or passed me had a driver text messaging, reading or watching video with their phone or IPad up on the steering wheel. I even saw OTR truck drivers doing it. Cars weaving between lanes.

What's more dangerous? A firearm in the hands of an average citizen or a 3000 lb. or more (sometimes MUCH more) unguided projectile?

In my entire life I have never personally known anyone to get shot or shoot someone by accident or on purpose (excluding active military)

Present count for friends or acquaintances: Nine accidents, one good friend dead, one a paraplegic, two more scarred for life. In every single accident the one that caused it admitted to texting.

Let's see you start a weekly Text related killing sprees thread on here.

Oh, probably can't. All of that news stays local. Someone pops someone in a convenience store and Diane Sawyer is in ecstasy over reporting it. Some teenage girl texting to her BFF and kills a young mother and child, it barely makes the local news.

I don't know if this says more about the skewed priorities of modern day society or how easily folks such as yourself can be so easily swayed by the MSM.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:57 PM
Gill, MA
Joined Apr 2006
213 Posts
It looks like he's just in it to stir the pot. Being smug about something like this is not good.

Greg
deerdad is offline Find More Posts by deerdad
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:59 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Last edited by seanpcola; Jan 31, 2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:07 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
For years the left has been responsible for the deterioration of the family, promoted single parent households, and generally made morality less important. The result is a bumper crop of degenerate criminals flooding our courts and prisons. These are the people committing the majority of the gun crimes. But does the left admit their failures and address the real issue? No, they blame the gun, and pass meaningless laws to make them feel better. Many can't understand this and continue to make the gun the problem when it is not.
Gotta disagree, sorry-you can't drop that all on the left's doorstep. There are any number of reasons for crime and lack of morality that aren't partisan.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Closed Thread