SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Today, 05:36 AM
Multirotor geek
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Mar 2013
825 Posts
Discussion
The Reasons Why Democrats Are the Party of Slavery and Victimization | ZoNation

The Reasons Why Democrats Are the Party of Slavery and Victimization | ZoNation (12 min 19 sec)



Clyde
kenpoprofessor is online now Find More Posts by kenpoprofessor
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2014
186 Posts
But what's his AUW?
exnihilo is offline Find More Posts by exnihilo
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:52 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Oct 2013
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
You ACTUALLY expect us to sit though 12 minutes of that? I'd rather be waterboarded.
Mark Powell is online now Find More Posts by Mark Powell
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
110 Posts
2 minutes and I'm done watching this crap...
tsbanking is offline Find More Posts by tsbanking
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:34 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Oct 2013
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbanking View Post
2 minutes and I'm done watching this crap...
The OP is trying to make some weird political point I expect. If so he failed.
Mark Powell is online now Find More Posts by Mark Powell
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:58 AM
Registered User
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
The Democrats were the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK. This was true across large swaths of the South, and including many border states. Those areas were primarily agrarian and so held on to those values in order to maintain their society. When this was true, the Northern states were Whigs and then later Republicans.

However, after the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's the former Jim Crow and KKK advocates switched parties and now the South is largely Republican. I suppose it can be argued that the old policies followed the people because the Republican Party is hardly racially representative of the societies where it is present.

Politics, go figure.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
The Democrats were the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK. This was true across large swaths of the South, and including many border states. Those areas were primarily agrarian and so held on to those values in order to maintain their society. When this was true, the Northern states were Whigs and then later Republicans.

However, after the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's the former Jim Crow and KKK advocates switched parties and now the South is largely Republican. I suppose it can be argued that the old policies followed the people because the Republican Party is hardly racially representative of the societies where it is present.

Politics, go figure.
Name a couple dem kkk that switched parties to gop
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 PM
Sweeper Nut
Mike McCrea's Avatar
Joined Apr 2007
626 Posts
Great video and 100% spot on. The truth is hard to watch for some folks.
Mike McCrea is offline Find More Posts by Mike McCrea
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
327 Posts
The political spectrum swapped ends-Lincoln was a repub, today he'd be a dem. It seems like it's gonna swap ends again, which might explain why it can be hard to tell who is what by their policies.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 PM
Registered User
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
The political spectrum swapped ends-Lincoln was a repub, today he'd be a dem. It seems like it's gonna swap ends again, which might explain why it can be hard to tell who is what by their policies.
no .. the political spectrum didn't "swap" ends ... The democrats have always been about subjugating minorities ... at one time it was with chains ... now it is with entitlements and low expectations.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:32 PM
Registered User
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
no .. the political spectrum didn't "swap" ends ... The democrats have always been about subjugating minorities ... at one time it was with chains ... now it is with entitlements and low expectations.
Subjugating. Yeah, that's the purpose of the dems social programs... NOT!
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:37 PM
Registered User
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Name a couple dem kkk that switched parties to gop
We both know that KKK membership isn't publicized except by those disassociating with the KKK. David Duke is the most high-profile dem to repub KKK member. Another one is Frazier Glenn Miller.

http://www.psmag.com/politics-and-la...op-south-96090

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazier_Glenn_Miller,_Jr.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Last edited by thunder1; Today at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:24 PM
Multirotor geek
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Mar 2013
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Powell View Post
The OP is trying to make some weird political point I expect. If so he failed.
I didn't make the video, how can you assume what "intent" I had at all? If I had made a video, then you clearly could make that connection, but I didn't, I just posted it for others to see as well.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor is online now Find More Posts by kenpoprofessor
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:38 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
327 Posts
Real interesting essay on left v right:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-bogus/373139/

"The familiar notion is that when you reduce the power of the state, you increase the power of capital, and vice versa. To put it mildly, this claim is non-empirical. The rise of capital, its consolidation into a few hands, and the enduring structures of monopoly or gigantism to which it gives rise are inconceivable without the state."
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:40 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
D B Cooper's Avatar
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
no .. the political spectrum didn't "swap" ends ... The democrats have always been about subjugating minorities ... at one time it was with chains ... now it is with entitlements and low expectations.
Why whip the donkey with your own stick, when you can reward it with someone else's carrot ?
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Are black americans the stalking horse of the Democratic party? logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 22 Jan 15, 2015 05:03 PM
Discussion 24 Reasons Why Millennials Are Screaming Mad About America's "Unfair" Economy rcjetpilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 109 Nov 17, 2014 09:51 AM
Discussion Disrespect from Democratic Party DT56 Life, The Universe, and Politics 3 Oct 03, 2014 09:45 PM
Discussion Why the Power Base of the Democratic Party Wants Mr. Obama to Lose. LcJ Life, The Universe, and Politics 30 Sep 02, 2012 04:09 PM
Discussion Democrats - Still the Party of Slavery Highflight Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Jul 01, 2010 08:13 AM