HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2015, 04:27 PM
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
I like the orange in your post #2034 way better! To me that is orange. Not saying the prop is not...just the plane is a "deeper, richer orange.
Hangar 9 calls it safety orange and I used it on my wings and love the color. Just wanted to see if I could get it in a paint that way I don't have to go the ultracote route. I do love that orange in the pic as well, I probably wouldn't do the entire wing but the tip dehidrel parts and them maybe some on the tail.

Snapped a pic of it vs regular orange packing tape
Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2015, 04:55 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,340 Posts
Hey, that looks like a GWS prop.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:53 PM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
578 Posts
Since I get this stuff from work...I've been sticking this 3M Diamond Tape to most of my plane/gliders. It's even very bright on cloudy days. And if the sun catches it your bird just sparkles. Only down side is it doesn't do corners well and is a bit heavy.

HuskyDude is online now Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:26 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
780 Posts
Orange packing tape from Lowes.
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:29 PM
Team Warpsquad
Joined May 2009
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afjetmech View Post
Looks good
Old Mar 24, 2015, 04:25 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afjetmech View Post
can you really see the stripes up in the sky? my radian pro has strips on the bottom of the wings, but when shes way up all i can see is black. the top of my E gliders are painted bright orange. when i roll her some, and the sun hits the orange she lights up bright orange.

not saying you cant, but that you can is great. its just that a full black bottom works great for me. i will say ya picked a great color. orange is my favoret color!

well i best get back to work on mine. gotta shorten the wing servo leads, and ballance her. wasnt the battery position up front in the V1 birds? mine has a spot on the floor where a strap mite have been on the V1 planes.
doomracing is online now Find More Posts by doomracing
Old Mar 24, 2015, 04:50 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
780 Posts
It doesn't work as good as I thought it would.
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech
Old Mar 24, 2015, 04:57 PM
Joined Mar 2002
1,520 Posts
i'll go see what brand of paint i use.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 05:13 PM
Joined Mar 2002
1,520 Posts
the brand is valspar
color orange #65018

i thought i got it at hectors hardware, or value, but i think valspar is a lowes product. oh well it just short of glows when the sun hits it! great visability.

brought it inside. been outside in the garage for like 2-3 years, but its not frozen, so i hope it is still good. will see soon when it warms up some.
Last edited by doomracing; Mar 25, 2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:29 AM
Joined Mar 2002
1,520 Posts
well i did 2 mods to my ROC yesterday. trimmed the spinner so the blades will fold flat against the fuse. i think there thought was to not have the blades damage the fuse. then i glued the servo ends to the fuse. i wanted to make them plug and play, but the way the wings install made that mod unpractical, so i opted to glue the plugs to the fuse just under the wing saddle. now i only have to connect the servo wires after the wing is installed. the deans 4 pin connectors were way to tight to do a plug and play setup. this isn't what i wanted, but it works, and speeds up putting the glider together immensely.

NOTE

if you use gorilla glue , and think just taping off the plug openings will stop the glue from foaming into the female plug you mite be in for a surprise like me. i spent what seemed to be the better part of an hour digging out foam from the plugs. flaps, and ailerons work just fine, but a waste of time. on my extreme surfer I'll just hot glue them in.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:30 PM
Lou
Ground Penetration Tester
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
6,073 Posts
That looks like real nice work, Doomracing. Yeah, that GG is pesky and expands into places we don't think it will go.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM
Team Warpsquad
Joined May 2009
1,019 Posts
I actually used FT for that very reason lol
Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM
Joined Mar 2002
1,520 Posts
i think ill drop the plugs down 1/8" and put a spacer above them to make plugging in easier on my extreme surfer. not to mention mo gorilla glue! LOL boy was that a mistake i hope to never do again.