HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2015, 06:17 PM
Uh Oh Jungo
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2003
805 Posts
Thanks and to Nigel too for the measurements.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01 View Post
All the X series were in D16 mode, I will measure again in D8 tomorrow when I find the sheets that tells me how to bind them that way.

All receivers were operating at 5.0V from a CC UBEC.
ParkJeff is offline Find More Posts by ParkJeff
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:36 PM
SirEdward
Philippines, NCR, Pateros
Joined Apr 2004
697 Posts
I don't usually cross post but this might be a safety concern.

Quote:
Just a heads up to everyone and a shout out to Frsky.

A fellow was having an issue with his X8R rx going on and off intermittently until he opened the case and found out that some pins were not soldered at all.

As with all other mass produced product no one knows when will you get a dud item. "Expensive" "High Quality" "Top brand" products have one way or the other suffered from QC issues and this brand is no exception.

I still very much like my Frsky goodies though.
blimppilot@ph is online now Find More Posts by blimppilot@ph
Old Mar 25, 2015, 03:57 AM
Spain, Principado de Asturias, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blimppilot@ph View Post
I don't usually cross post but this might be a safety concern.
scary stuff when talking about flying things

Im reading all this stuff about the EU regulations on systems and so..

since i usually buy my FrSky at HK (except a couple D6FRs i got last year to UK when temporaly Frsky stoped making them) i can continue getting them out of the EU..

But ..right now i use a 9X moded with a DHT-U module wich i dont intent to flash ever ... if my 9X dies the replacement as today would be a new Taranis... the question is.. would my actual amount of FrSky receivers (D4R-IIs, D6FRs, D8RXP) work with a new Taranis?
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:43 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
1,809 Posts
The receivers you mention will work with Taranis, as will V series II. Older V series will not.
mpjf01 is online now Find More Posts by mpjf01
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:57 AM
Spain, Principado de Asturias, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01 View Post
The receivers you mention will work with Taranis, as will V series II. Older V series will not.
thanks

Lets just hope they dont change the Taranis more from here to the point in the future where i might need one
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Old Mar 25, 2015, 07:18 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
16,440 Posts
Start storing old firmwares
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Yesterday, 12:42 AM
Slopeflicker
Joined Jul 2014
23 Posts
Thanks, this is useful. I'm using it to monitor a 4s NIMH flight pack.
So I had to swap the first two multiplicands.

I'm curious, I don't know what Ratio on DTU means.

my receiver is a frsky F6FR which uses a 4:1 ratio internal.

This 3.3 volts which is mentioned is the self regulated voltage of the internals of the receiver?

Thanks for your help, and a youtube video describing what is what in the menu screen..
I have never seen such poor documentation as with the frsky gear. Really can't even read the directions.
scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
I got a bit fed up with the mental gymnastics required to convert battery voltages to alarm levels for the FrSky voltage sensor system and knocked up a simple spreadsheet to do it for me.

I have enabled cell counts up to 14 and Voltage divider ratios to 16x for cases using custom voltage dividers. It will show red coloured warnings for cases that are not FrSky standard 2x, 4x, 6x and also when any combo is outside the range of the 3.3V input.

At the moment it works under Excel on the PC or Mac and mostly works in Numbers on the Mac. Numbers doesn't support the Excel drop down lists and so you have to enter the values manually.

You can set a cell alarm voltage anywhere between 2.8 and 4.0 volts in 0.1Volt steps. Let me know if anybody finds an error in it and/or if you think it is useful.

I can convert it to a live web page if people think it worthwhile so it can be accessed from any internet device.

John
RCGwhinerFest2 is offline Find More Posts by RCGwhinerFest2
Old Yesterday, 01:59 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
7,441 Posts
Scott, that was done for the old DHT-U add on module. It has an option to set the voltage divider ratio to match the simple FLD-01 voltage sensor board resistors which was normally plugged into the A2 port on the receiver. So both the hardware divider ratio and software multiplier ratio could be set. The A1 port (which is completely internal on the 6 channel) has a fixed 4:1 hardware ratio that you cannot alter.

Then you had to set a number that the alarm would trigger at. The number range was 0-255 where that corresponded to 0-3.3V on the A2 analog pin. The 3.3V was the maximum voltage you could apply to that pin. All very "this was designed by an electronics type not a flier of model planes" I think.

The Taranis uses a different approach where you set the Range and Offset then the actual voltage you want it to alarm at. It is a lot easier to set.

The FrSky poor documentation is confounded by the fact that they have changed both the radio protocol and the telemetry protocol over time, so compatibility is also an issue. The pure SPort stuff is a bit easier I think.

Mind you if you think FrSky is hard, you should try setting up some of the low cost Chinese flight stabilisers by following their instructions!

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGwhinerFest2 View Post
Thanks, this is useful. I'm using it to monitor a 4s NIMH flight pack.
So I had to swap the first two multiplicands.

I'm curious, I don't know what Ratio on DTU means.

my receiver is a frsky F6FR which uses a 4:1 ratio internal.

This 3.3 volts which is mentioned is the self regulated voltage of the internals of the receiver?

Thanks for your help, and a youtube video describing what is what in the menu screen..
I have never seen such poor documentation as with the frsky gear. Really can't even read the directions.
scott
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Yesterday, 03:16 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
5,299 Posts
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah