Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:58 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
Ware, herts. U.K.
Joined Sep 2008
3,362 Posts
Question
Jeti 45 -3P opto

I have a Jeti 45 - 3P opto ESC and have lost the instructions that came with it. I have been trying to find out how to disable the brake function and, having failed so far, wonder if any of you has the instruction sheet you could email me?

The Jeti website was pretty much a waste of time.
eye4wings is online now Find More Posts by eye4wings
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:02 AM
Walt
St. Charles, Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
100 Posts
Try Hobby Lobby. In the meantime I'll find the instructions on the Jetis I have and get back to you later today.
Walt
Walt Thyng is offline Find More Posts by Walt Thyng
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:24 AM
Walt
St. Charles, Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
100 Posts
Sometimes it pays to be organized. Here's the quote from the Jeti instructions for the enitire Advance series, including the Opto 40.

"The speed controller is supplied with the "brake" activated. If you want to turn off the brake, do the following:
-Switch on the transmitter and move the stick to full throttle.
-Connect the main power pack and turn on the receiver switch (if used).
-Wait 5 seconds.
-After 5 seconds you will hear four tones.
-Swiftly move the throttle stick back to the closed position; you will hear two 'beeps'.
-The brake is now turned off.
"The brake setting will not change after disconnecting the main power pack. When turning on the speed controller with the brake active, you will always hear one 'beep'. When the brake is turned off you will hear two 'beeps'. If you want to activate the brake again, repeat the procedure."

I have double checked the above twice.
Glad I could help,
Walt
Walt Thyng is offline Find More Posts by Walt Thyng
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:26 AM
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Sep 2003
1,134 Posts
Here you go. It on the Jeti web site under products/ oldies

John
jonnyjetprop is offline Find More Posts by jonnyjetprop
Old Jan 30, 2009, 04:22 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
Ware, herts. U.K.
Joined Sep 2008
3,362 Posts
Thanks JJP! That does the job!
When I went on the Jeti website I must have completely missed the /oldies route. I'm not sure I would have connected the word with something I bought only about 5 years ago - but I suppose things are moving pretty fast in this hobby!
Thanks again.
(over and out)
eye4wings is online now Find More Posts by eye4wings