Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 15, 2014, 10:12 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,510 Posts
Discussion
Walkera V450D01 new version VS V450D03 ??

I am wondering about these two helis. I see V450D01 has new 6 axis. V450D03
I guess is similar, but heard V450D01 is closer to Align birds ? Am I wrong ? Bottom line whats the diff ?
I have been flying c/p's for a year now, yera before was 4 ch f/p/ FBL f/p/ Quads.
So over two yeras active heli flying. Mostly 100 sized c/p's but have several hours on two Master c/p's also. Thank you in advance for reply/ Cheers/Dan
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2014, 11:53 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,510 Posts
Now somebody must ahve these. i know V450D03 came later, but see now there is a version 2 of V450D01. Thank you/Dan
Old Jun 09, 2014, 05:20 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
98 Posts
I have both with the default setting for the 450D01 in a Devo 10...A joy to fly...and at 250 USD for the D03 and 300 USD for the D01 BODY ONLY quite a bargain. The six-axis gyro on both make them VERY stable if you are getting a bird after a Wk MASTER CP for example. Go for the D01 ....The D03 is only 50 USD cheaper...many of the spare parts like main shaft, main bearing interchangeable...if you know you will crash a lot go for the D03, it resists crashes better and can buy feathering shaft w/o having to buy the whole head...
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Jun 09, 2014, 05:32 AM
Joined Jun 2014
98 Posts
The D01 closer to Align....my D01 is faster than my D03, but the D03 is more nimble ...flying both with the default programming for the D01...If I were to go back in time, I would get the D01.....and go to the D03 parts list to get feathering shafts....incidentally...both are easier to fly than the MASTER CP with the default receiver settings. I have had to increase servo travel on the MASTER CP to increase response and minimize the sliding...
Last edited by ChespiIker; Jun 09, 2014 at 05:53 AM. Reason: To provide info. On Master CP...
Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:14 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,510 Posts
Thank you for reply. I am not concerned much about speed, but agility is good.
I have two good flying Master c/p's. One upgraded servos other still stock. Plus another Master from friend not flying the way I like. Also unflown at this time a V200D03/ and Blade 300 X.

I may just stay where I'm at for now. I was flying my 100 sized c/p's alot and when I got V120D02s big diff !!. I was happy to find v120 was user friendly heli.
The V200D03 is just a bigger version but think its 3 axis. The term bigger flys better is dead on right. Plus once you go bigger forget brushed motors. I have bl kit for one Master but its not installed. FBL 450 would be nice to round out my FBL fleet.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 03:55 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2013
53 Posts
Hey Dan , I don't have the d01 but the d02 in my fleet. I bought this used at 150 shipped with devo7 and spares. At that price I couldn't resist. I got this when i first venture in cp helis. Super stable with the 6 axis and feels really lock in compare to my other helis, flips and rolls was very easy and that was after 2 months of flying cp's. The only problem I have with this is the servo are crap, so far 2 went out on me. The first one literally smoke up while setting up the pitch, the 2nd one lock up while hovering a few feet , lucky the damage isn't too bad. There's a servo you can replace it with kds n290, it'll fit with filing down the frame slightly.
I havent got around to do it yet cause I'm not flying the d02 much, I want to be able to fly my other micro comfortably first. Still got alot of learning to fly cp's, not as easy as it looks.
Also I did however had a slight problem on the tail after about 5 flights or so, previous owner put in about 5. When I pitch pump the tail would lose it. Couldn't figure the problem so I left it sitting there for 2 month. Finally decide to try and repair it, tested it out first and to my surprise the problem went away. Have no idea how but it just did. Tail hold perfectly and I flew 5 flight after that without any problems.
To sum it up, the do2 is great 450 to start with aside from the servos. And at 250 bnf assuming you have a TX to fly it's not a bad price at all. Gl
prelude555 is online now Find More Posts by prelude555
Old Jun 15, 2014, 01:41 AM
Joined Jun 2014
98 Posts
Prelude...I assume you are talking about the d03? Or about do1 v2? Which servos failed? Tail servo or one of the other three? Two tail servos on my d03 have failed...but one was my fault...flying at night, no lights....I lost sight of it after it got too high on me...had to cut power and it crashed...but that six-axis gyro is simply great...Dan...thanks for the info..I did not know there was a brushless kit for the Master...after reading your post, went looking and one is on the way now, new from Ebay...just finished putting in brushless kit for the Genius v2...lets see how it goes...
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:18 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2013
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker View Post
Prelude...I assume you are talking about the d03? Or about do1 v2? Which servos failed? Tail servo or one of the other three? Two tail servos on my d03 have failed...but one was my fault...flying at night, no lights....I lost sight of it after it got too high on me...had to cut power and it crashed...but that six-axis gyro is simply great...Dan...thanks for the info..I did not know there was a brushless kit for the Master...after reading your post, went looking and one is on the way now, new from Ebay...just finished putting in brushless kit for the Genius v2...lets see how it goes...
I was talking about the do3, 2 of the cyclic servo went out on me. My tail servo still holds perfectly fine. These servos are absolutely junk, a member here warn me but I still didn't listen. Guess I learn the hard way I deserves every bit of it, good thing I was just hovering a few feet.
prelude555 is online now Find More Posts by prelude555
Old Jul 02, 2014, 02:34 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,510 Posts
OK looks like a 450 can happen. Sold some old UC stuff and did ok. enought to cover erther V01/ V03. I hear V01 is 48 g lighter/ both have same RX. I assume both have same servos ? I am not a 3 D flyer and not a noobie to helis. flying over two yeras and about 16 months into c/p's. 100 size to 250 size.
Birds of choice for flying now are two Master c/p's/ Two V120D02s's/ two Nano CP-X's with bl upgrades.
What I do not want is heli that needs upgrades to fly non 3 D sport flying. I do not mind changing some servos after some sort of use. One of my Masters is bone stock and have close to 100 fiights on it. Other has m/g servos and about 50 flights on it. I know mileage may vary with different flyers. Just want new FBL 450 thats not going to have issues with sport non 3 D flying. Or am i wishful thinking ??
Old Jul 02, 2014, 04:37 AM
Joined Jun 2014
98 Posts
Yes, both have same servos, same Rx..same 6-axis gyro... You will be extremely happy flying sport with either one of them.......personally I like the D01 better...perhaps I am biased that it is fifty bucks more? The D03 has a one piece canopy, the D01 came with a three-piece which later required re-glueing...I ordered a replacement after semi-bad crash ( Doc flew his a couple of meters higher than mine, crossing my path...took eyes off of mine...do not know if the downdraft or eyes off or both but whamo! I was not too high, no recovery...) and the new canopy was one -piece... So your choice...Red or Green canopy or blue-yellow..Whatever you choose will be a winner! If you enjoy flying your 120D02s s, you will love to fly your Wk 450 with six-axis gyro....you can fly thr former as warm-up for the latter....
Last edited by ChespiIker; Jul 02, 2014 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 12:37 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,510 Posts
Thanks for reply. T-mart has V450D01 for $319.95. bnf. Plus promo 5% off., and still have bonus points . Should be under $300.00. Or Bang good has V450D03 for $255.69. I'll check code but sure its changed. Wow has them but their prices suck. plus they have hefty postage.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 11:58 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,510 Posts
It appears the V450D01 bnf comes with battery and charger. While costing more it comes with more. The V450D03 is basic bird/ like the way Master comes. Since V450D01 is lighter and same gear looks like the bird I'll get.
I don't need battery would that would be a bonus. I'll wait a day and see if any deals show up.
Old Jul 03, 2014, 03:24 PM
Joined Jun 2014
98 Posts
Sincere congratulations! You will be very happy with your purchase...choosing red or green canopy? Heck, I am excited! Since it is obvious to me you are a much better mechanic, your comments on your new bird will be very interesting...happy flying!
Old Jul 04, 2014, 12:41 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,510 Posts
I was all set to pull trigger fro V450D01. T-mart woild not let discount code work ? Tried both to no avail ! They honored my bonus points but wanted either 5% or $20.00. off. Plus they only have the red version. I want the Green.
I have Green V120D02s/ and Red V120.
I can get Green from Bang good but it will cost me more. I'll check to see if Bang good has a code. Its not so much the $$ but codes should be honored. I tried code first and came back will not work with this product ?
I have no rush and may let it ride for now. Items I sold half $$ are not here yet.
Enought have been recieved to go with purchase, again discount code should be honored. Not my first Rodeo with T-mart.

I have Fly/ bared 450's and may just work with them. Blade 450 D/ Align 450 SE V2/ Clone/Align mix. My concern is a big heli coming from H/K/China etc.
They only wrap in thin layer of plastic.
Old Jul 04, 2014, 01:36 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,009 Posts
Tmart has a very strange CS.

I signed up for some junk mails to get 30 points which equals to around 30 cents. After half a year, they wouldn't allow me to use the 30 points as they said I had to find the email they sent last year to activiate. I am getting tons of junk mails from Tmart. Obviously it had gone through the activation.

We had lot of emails exchanges back and forth, I could not get my points no matter what. I finally got them to stop emailing me junk instead.

If I am the owner of a business, I won't spend that much of time to piss off customers for 30 cents.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09