Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:20 PM
United States, KY
Joined Aug 2013
309 Posts
Flying the DJI F550 using the Mobius as the FPV camera.
I ditched the Sony Pz0420 camera and saved a few grams.
The Mobius latency is very negligible a the speed I am flying at.
Using Mobius as an fpv camera (5 min 43 sec)
AlouetteII is offline Find More Posts by AlouetteII
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2014, 07:55 PM
I am flying wild :-)
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jan 2012
62 Posts
here I used the wide angle version of the mobius. I notice a little bit of "unsharpness" at the dges ?

FPV Sunset flying at Tegernsee Mobius ActionCam Wide Lens (2 min 52 sec)
wildflyer1de is offline Find More Posts by wildflyer1de
Old Jul 16, 2014, 09:03 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflyer1de View Post
here I used the wide angle version of the mobius. I notice a little bit of "unsharpness" at the dges ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOwWumPbZxk
That looked pretty good. Looks like your Mobius is on a servo tilt? Can you share what frame you have and your camera mounting setup?
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:29 AM
Thailand, จ.ประจวบคีรีขันธ์, Hua Hin
Joined Jul 2013
520 Posts
Received my Mobius Wide Lens from Banggood Today. No problem with the sharpness at the edges, just as sharp as my Mobius A type was. Love how 60fps looks like with the wide lens.
rank is online now Find More Posts by rank
Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:43 AM
I am flying wild :-)
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jan 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
That looked pretty good. Looks like your Mobius is on a servo tilt? Can you share what frame you have and your camera mounting setup?
hi,

its a selfmade frame, the cam mount is on a cheap servo, but I have to make a better one, it does not look very good when tilting.

greetings

joachim
wildflyer1de is offline Find More Posts by wildflyer1de
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:50 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,332 Posts
What lens are you guys using for FPV? I've always flown with fisheye (lens B) but recently bought a new mobius (original one was fried by ESC's BEC) with lens A and flew with that. I'm undecided on which one to use: Fisheye gives you more FOV horizontally and vertically, helpful when navigating through tight spaces. On the other hand the non fish eye gives me better depth perception and makes better video but some times feels a bit narrow while flying. What are your guys opinions?
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jul 18, 2014, 04:37 AM
Joined Aug 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
What lens are you guys using for FPV? I've always flown with fisheye (lens B) but recently bought a new mobius (original one was fried by ESC's BEC) with lens A and flew with that. I'm undecided on which one to use: Fisheye gives you more FOV horizontally and vertically, helpful when navigating through tight spaces. On the other hand the non fish eye gives me better depth perception and makes better video but some times feels a bit narrow while flying. What are your guys opinions?
That is also my dilemma. I am just about to order a mobius cam, but don't know which one. But for my dilemma the reason is color.
Normal lens has much better color quality, while the wide lens is, well, wide. Don't know which one to take.

Can color on wide lens be corrected somehow? It seems washed out.
Imbanon is offline Find More Posts by Imbanon
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbanon View Post
That is also my dilemma. I am just about to order a mobius cam, but don't know which one. But for my dilemma the reason is color.
Normal lens has much better color quality, while the wide lens is, well, wide. Don't know which one to take.

Can color on wide lens be corrected somehow? It seems washed out.
You could adjust the saturation setting and raise it a bit. I did notice too that the standard lens had a more bright colors than the wide angle ones. Going to try the wide angle lens again and see. I've been flying wide angle fish eye since the beginning of my FPV hobby so I guess the fisheye feels more natural. (although the standard lens does have a bit of distortion too albeit less than a keychain 808 16 and less than the wide angle lens but its still noticeable)
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:28 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
I am a big fan of the wider FOV -- I have flown all kinds of lenses and cameras and for FPV -- the wider the better is my rule.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Jul 20, 2014, 06:35 PM
Boise, ID
Joined Oct 2006
14 Posts
focus and sharpness at distance?

In this video, if you skip to 1:05 and watch through 1:30, you can see at times the "sharpness" and "focus" is not very good. However the focus is very good at the 3-5 foot range (look at the cowling).

Sulpher Creek 7 19 2014 (7 min 50 sec)

When I look at this video (1:21), I see the focus and sharpness is much better.

Testing a Mobius ActionCam (1080p 30fps) on my quadcopter (3 min 20 sec)

Is this something I can fix by adjusting the focus or any other camera parameters?
johndoe123 is offline Find More Posts by johndoe123
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:14 PM
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe123 View Post
In this video, if you skip to 1:05 and watch through 1:30, you can see at times the "sharpness" and "focus" is not very good. However the focus is very good at the 3-5 foot range (look at the cowling).
Is this something I can fix by adjusting the focus or any other camera parameters?
Perhaps you may want to have your mechanic send the prop off to the balancing / tuning shop ?? You have somewhat of a "Rattle-Trap" airplane there ..

You could also try mounting the camera out on the end of one wing, out of the prop signature .. I would suspect that the camera is trying to focus on the prop, at times, confusing the camera .. note that when you are parked on the side of the runway, before an engine re-start, everything is in quite decent focus ?!?

Just my two cents ..

Russ
MiniBoy is offline Find More Posts by MiniBoy
Old Jul 21, 2014, 07:54 AM
Joined Jun 2014
89 Posts
Those small planes are meant to be rattly, it's in the design specifications I'm sure.

Also can't decide between the lenses, I suppose wide-angle one is more like GoPro?
I've seen a webside that also sold extension cables to put the lense away from the camera's main body, has anyone done that or they just leave it in the case?
Are the lenses interchangeable or you need to buy a seperate camera?
cantremember is offline Find More Posts by cantremember
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 AM
Joined Feb 2003
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantremember View Post
Those small planes are meant to be rattly, it's in the design specifications I'm sure.

Also can't decide between the lenses, I suppose wide-angle one is more like GoPro?
I've seen a webside that also sold extension cables to put the lense away from the camera's main body, has anyone done that or they just leave it in the case?
Are the lenses interchangeable or you need to buy a seperate camera?
If you read through the first 8 posts of this fantastic thread by Tom Frank, you should be able to find the answer to any of your questions ..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559

Russ
Old Jul 21, 2014, 01:03 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,071 Posts
My #18 has finally expired. . Time to buy a Mobius. . But where to get it, Banggood UK or Elphiline or however it's spelt?
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Jul 21, 2014, 01:17 PM
Joined Feb 2003
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
My #18 has finally expired. . Time to buy a Mobius. . But where to get it, Banggood UK or Elphiline or however it's spelt?
I believe all the "Trusted Resellers" are listed in the first 8 posts of this fantastic thread by Tom Frank ..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559

Russ