HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:29 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Feb 2013
14 Posts
Help!
Still having trouble with my V912

Still cant get my V912 to fly properly , It seems that when i throttle up it takes off and is barely controllable . I had a crash a while ago and since then i cant fly it . could the circuit board be fried ? The board seems to have some white marks by some of the solder ...... All the rest of the parts seem to be in working order. The servos work fine , the rear motor works fine, I really cant figure this out at all . Any thoughts anyone
Aaron P is offline Find More Posts by Aaron P
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:42 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
189 Posts
try posting a video of it if your unable to describe it.
That will help us track down the problem more easilly
KillerJupe is offline Find More Posts by KillerJupe
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:40 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron P View Post
Still cant get my V912 to fly properly , It seems that when i throttle up it takes off and is barely controllable . I had a crash a while ago and since then i cant fly it . could the circuit board be fried ? The board seems to have some white marks by some of the solder ...... All the rest of the parts seem to be in working order. The servos work fine , the rear motor works fine, I really cant figure this out at all . Any thoughts anyone
Check the little posts in the head that the blades holders pivot on. On the DH9116, which is almost identical to the V912, these break fairly easily and will make it fly uncontrollably like you describe. Good luck. (The white stuff on the board is probably just flux residue.)
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:43 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,510 Posts
[luck. (The white stuff on the board is probably just flux residue.)[/QUOTE]

Could be some China white?? just kidding
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:03 AM
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Apr 2012
58 Posts
Hi Aaron!

This should fly perfectelly so something is wrong. Have you cheked the linkage between the flybar and the rotor head and also rotor head to swashplate? Sometimes the black plastic arms who sits on the balljoints gets pressed in too much. Make sure they sit on the ball and not pressed in further.

Cheers
Swedman
swedman is offline Find More Posts by swedman
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
156 Posts
My v912 would always turn right even with the trim all the way left. Helipal said it was a defective board so Im waiting another 3 weeks for the replacement part to get here. My swashplate was unlevel but when I leveld it the helicopter would drift left in addition to turning right, so I set it back to factory setting. If I could go back, I would not have bought the v912.
BlueBorderRC is offline Find More Posts by BlueBorderRC
Old Mar 20, 2013, 08:55 PM
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
WL V912 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC View Post
My v912 would always turn right even with the trim all the way left. Helipal said it was a defective board so Im waiting another 3 weeks for the replacement part to get here. My swashplate was unlevel but when I leveld it the helicopter would drift left in addition to turning right, so I set it back to factory setting. If I could go back, I would not have bought the v912.
Hi I just ordered a V912 from Helipal. I sure hope I do not get one like yours with a bad problem. Would you folks please give me your reviews based on your flying the V912 etc. I did not know about these issues before ordered. I apologize if this has been covered in a previous thread. I could not find the search function!! Thanks
karatechopper is offline Find More Posts by karatechopper
Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:08 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
407 Posts
allot of very happy V912 owners on here...... 380 plus pages of tech posts, mods and details here.............

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=v912+review
kiwi_craig is offline Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:03 AM
United States, NY
Joined Dec 2013
82 Posts
I beat the living snot out of my 912. Last weekend it drifted into a tree and was stuck for two days. I pushed it out of the branches and it flopped 30 plus feet to the ground, and nothing broke. Still flies well.
Mad Russian is offline Find More Posts by Mad Russian