HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:36 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Help!
gyro

When I get my 500 N tha air tha boom ticks clockwise like a second hand. Does nebody kno if I need to adjust my gyro settings or sumthn else I've already adjusted tha trim it doesnt make a diff
smkr4real is offline Find More Posts by smkr4real
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:56 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
You might need to raise your gyro gain if you haven't already done so. But the ticking sounds weird, it could be something not being smooth on your tail, maybe something is binding. The tail needs to feel totally free and smooth (the links and on the shaft), when you don't have it attached to the tail control rod. Alternately, maybe your gain is just a tad too high and is causing some subtle tail wag, making it hard for the tail to hold, maybe this is why it looks like ticking.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Appreciate it yo. There's no sound its just movn like a sec hnd tcks .thnkx for da help .u been flyn a min. ?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Check gears for missing or worn teeth.
What's a 500N?
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
Check gears for missing or worn teeth.
What's a 500N?
Its the younger generation that writes with text, rather then proper spelling. N = In, Tha = the, nebody = anybody Kno = Know, sumthn = something

God forbid they take the extra second to add another letter. lol
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:06 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Its the younger generation that writes with text, rather then proper spelling. N = In, Tha = the, nebody = anybody Kno = Know, sumthn = something

God forbid they take the extra second to add another letter. lol
Lol...

I thought it was some sort of 500 size Nitro ship.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
Lol...

I thought it was some sort of 500 size Nitro ship.
Me too
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
Maybe your belt is worn, did it fly ok before and just started the ticking?

What gyro is it? And what's your gain value at?

Have you crashed it recently? Or changed anything on it?

It's either mechanical, your gyro (or setting), or servo. Do you have a spare servo?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Thnkx ill chck tha gain. It was doin that b4 I crashed it a week ago .wen I did it was only 3 feet off tha ground .neway. I had to replace the rotor head. Wen I put it bck together tha pitch is really neg. I dnt kno y I put it bck togthr tha same way I took it apart. I looked at tha schematic nd its rite. U have ne idea .it sounds like smthn is upside dwn but everything looks rite by tha book
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkr4real View Post
Thnkx ill chck tha gain. It was doin that b4 I crashed it a week ago .wen I did it was only 3 feet off tha ground .neway. I had to replace the rotor head. Wen I put it bck together tha pitch is really neg. I dnt kno y I put it bck togthr tha same way I took it apart. I looked at tha schematic nd its rite. U have ne idea .it sounds like smthn is upside dwn but everything looks rite by tha book
Dude could you use whole words? Not trying to be mean or nothing but the shorthand is hard to follow sometimes. I'm not an english major, but are you texting? Type how you want, it's just easier to read in plain language, it's cool though.

So the heli has always done this ticking? What heli, servo, & gyro do you run? Did you look at what your gain is yet? Are you running a cheaper 9g tail servo?

Too much negative... on your main rotors? Did you adjust the links? You said you rebuilt the head, if you replaced the links did you adjust them to proper length? Maybe your servos aren't level at 0 pitch anymore, maybe something happened to them... that should be more apparent looking and testing it in front of you.

I would start from scratch on my head/servo setup. Are you familiar with how to do this?

(How come I don't have a 500? )
Last edited by finguz; Nov 14, 2012 at 02:33 PM.