HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:58 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,530 Posts
I've used my FT007 at a local pond, absolutely awesome performance for the size.

ASJ, your problem is lkely the water sensors. I have been thinking of bypassing mine. My son has the larger DH7000 and it's awful with the water sensors. Cuts in and out. I'm definitely modifying that one.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:48 AM
ASJ
United Kingdom, England, Holmfirth
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Hi, thanks For the reply. I've already bypassed the sensors so I don't think it's that. Just seems too coincidental that it only happens when the battery is coming towards the end of its charge. My plan is to check the voltage each time it happens to see if there is a true pattern.
ASJ is offline Find More Posts by ASJ
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:14 AM
Joined Jun 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJ View Post
Hi, I have a 7009 and have noticed that it always stops dead in the water, then starts going again. initially I thought this was water getting on the electronics or a radio glitch but having used the boat a bit more frequently, it seems this happens consistently before the stock battery starts to die. Is this a low voltage cut off feature?
Yes, this is even documented in the manual - when the voltage is low, it will stop. You're then supposed to wait certain amount of time in neutral stick position, and then pull to the shore at low power.

Actually this is the only good feature of built-in ESC, as it is built from some crappy components, mine died after about 10-15 runs, it is doomed to die quite soon; if you wanna fix it yourself, I've posted an overview of the process here

Upgrade hardware still on its way from China though..
salmonj is offline Find More Posts by salmonj
Old Jun 17, 2013, 05:04 PM
Vtol Builder
High Wycombe, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
997 Posts
Just got one of these and ran it the other day - Was impressed with the performance too, quite brisk for the size. I managed to hit a small branch with the rudder and she went into submarine mode! It went down about 2 feet before I could kill the power. Not a drop of water inside the hull!

I think a suitable LIPO pack and a few other mods will really unlock its potential!
Lewist is offline Find More Posts by Lewist
Old Jun 17, 2013, 07:52 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,776 Posts
Guys, you really out to check out the FT007. There's no reason to keep buying the 7009. The FT007 is 2.4Ghz and is self-righting.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:21 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Guys, you really out to check out the FT007. There's no reason to keep buying the 7009. The FT007 is 2.4Ghz and is self-righting.
Yep, even has a thread here that I did not know about until a couple days ago. Great little boat.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72