Nov 21, 2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa
Works perfect!

Thanks for Stevis

I have made some X Quad firmwares that are working very good:

Standard the Yaw rate is very low, Increased a little bit.
Scalestick for Aileron and Pitch = 5 and Yaw = 4

If you are going to reflash, set fuse bit "Preserve EEPROM data", this will keep calibration information intact
Will this fit on the 4kb HK V1.0 boards?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2011, 09:59 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaicuda
There seems to be only really one USBasp on goodluckbuy, is this a good unit for $10? Or is there a better one that some of you KK freaks recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe74
Don't buy that one, it's not compatible with the kk flash tool.
For US buyers I got mine here. It cost a bit more then the exact same item listed by Chinese sellers but after shipping it is pretty close, within a few dollars. I was willing to pay a bit more to get it in a couple of days so it was well worth it.

Please note, you will need to build/buy a ten to six pin adapter with this tool.

Rob...
Last edited by mxspode; Nov 22, 2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Forgot link, can't spell to save my soul
Nov 21, 2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxspode
For US buyers I got mine here. It cost a bit more then the exact same item listed by Chinese cellars but after shipping it is pretty close, within a few dollars. I was willing to pay a bit more to get it in a couple of days so it was well worth it.

Please note, you will need to build/buy a ten to six pin adapter with this tool.

Rob...
Excellent info. Thanks everyone.
Nov 21, 2011, 11:41 PM
For those who like to solder a kit (I do, for some bizarre unexplained reason) which includes a 6 and 10 pin adaptor, try this: http://www.adafruit.com/products/46 The USBTiny programmer. I built mine easily in an evening with the excellent online instruction manual.
Nov 22, 2011, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympster
I can confirm the lastest ones they are selling works fine on the HK V1 board, just flashed two of them. It is distinctive because it doesn't have the 10 to 6 cable adapter, it has a 6 to 6 adapter. I mean to say the programmer only has 6 pins. You can see in thier picture.
Hmmm, it's starting to feel like a lottery which one you will receive, below are photo's of the one I received a week ago from GLB, it is the same as displayed on the kk flash tool list of incompatible programmers:

Nov 22, 2011, 04:44 AM
Master of Flash
Quote:
Interesting, those instructions are no longer there. He now links a tutorial on Daddes site. Looks like a good one.

Christian, I notice that Dadde does not mention erasing the chip in his Tutorial. Does your flash tool now take care of that for us?

Rob...
Yes the flashtool erases the chip for 48 and 168 based boards now. So the lock bit is not a problem any more.

Quote:
Just flashed a HK V1.0 board to the V4.7 m48 KaptienKuk using Lazy Zero's Flash Tool. BTW awesome work LZ! Calibated the esc and all seems good. What is the difference between the V1.0 and V4.7? I thought I read somewhere the Yaw pot did something else..., can't seem to find it now. Are there any difference in setting things up or is it just improved code?

Thanks
Thanks. Always nice to hear that the tool is usefull.

Quote:
I can confirm the lastest ones they are selling works fine on the HK V1 board, just flashed two of them. It is distinctive because it doesn't have the 10 to 6 cable adapter, it has a 6 to 6 adapter. I mean to say the programmer only has 6 pins. You can see in thier picture. Notice only 3 leads on each side of the board. There may be others that have that 6 pin header, I just haven't seen them. Works fine with www.fischl.de USBasp drivers. Can't guarantee which one they will send you, as when my friend recently ordered it they sent him the one pictured and the old one with the 10 to 6 wired adapter and the old one didn't work.
I have one usbasp from GLB. It is the one with 6-pin header and it works fine. But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe74
Hmmm, it's starting to feel like a lottery which one you will receive, below are photo's of the one I received a week ago from GLB, it is the same as displayed on the kk flash tool list of incompatible programmers:

when they start to send other programmers as they show on their homepage, I will stop recommend their programmer. I thought they are a reliable source.

Christian
Nov 22, 2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead
What would happen if you made one that has scale stick 4 and yaw 4 on the same firmware?
1 version is total scalestick 4,, for Ail / Pit and Yaw
Nov 22, 2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Will this fit on the 4kb HK V1.0 boards?
I will recompile them for mega48 tonight.
Nov 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero
Yes the flashtool erases the chip for 48 and 168 based boards now. So the lock bit is not a problem any more.

Christian
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. You are a good man Christian. I can't even imagine how many people around the world have had there lives made much easier buy this tool you have created. Keep up the good work and thanks.

Rob...
Nov 22, 2011, 04:07 PM
Master of Flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa
I will recompile them for mega48 tonight.
Hi, I added the scalestick=4 to the repository of the flashtool for 168 and 328 based boards. Hope to add also soon the 48 version.
It is listed as XCopter 4.7 acro.

Quote:
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. You are a good man Christian. I can't even imagine how many people around the world have had there lives made much easier buy this tool you have created. Keep up the good work and thanks.

Rob...
Thanks. And now the tool should also work correct with Win7 64bit.
Nov 22, 2011, 06:19 PM
AMA 119319
Moved.
Last edited by alarcer; Nov 22, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
Nov 22, 2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero
Hi, I added the scalestick=4 to the repository of the flashtool for 168 and 328 based boards. Hope to add also soon the 48 version.
It is listed as XCopter 4.7 acro.

Thanks. And now the tool should also work correct with Win7 64bit.
Here M48 and M328

For scalestick Aileron 5 / Pitch 5 and Yaw 4
Nov 22, 2011, 10:24 PM
Sent from my kk board

Lazy motor number 4

Hi guys
I took a day off and i was reading ALL 747 post here trying to solve the
Problem on v4.7 with the number 4 motor not responding to rx commands. X configuration.

From what i undrestand it is not a problem and i can fly like this.
Did any one try ?
I saw a post where someone say the problem goes away at 1/2 throtle,
But i dont know where the quad will fly to if i keep the throtle up for long...
At some point i will want to land i guess

Weight with 3S batt 800 Gr
4 plush 30
4 turnigy 2830 / 11 1100 kv
8040 triblade props

Thanks
Nov 22, 2011, 11:33 PM
RC Adddict
If i understand correctly just throttle up and get off the ground quick . Once your up the motor isnt an issue and it should fly fine even below half throttle .
Nov 22, 2011, 11:44 PM

I use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban pilot
Hi guys
I took a day off and i was reading ALL 747 post here trying to solve the
Problem on v4.7 with the number 4 motor not responding to rx commands. X configuration.

From what i undrestand it is not a problem and i can fly like this.
Did any one try ?
I saw a post where someone say the problem goes away at 1/2 throtle,
But i dont know where the quad will fly to if i keep the throtle up for long...
At some point i will want to land i guess

Weight with 3S batt 800 Gr
4 plush 30
4 turnigy 2830 / 11 1100 kv
8040 triblade props

Thanks
If you take off by accelerating quickly (still being careful of course) the effects of the slow motor seem to be minimal. It only seems to be an issue if you start very slowly, for me if i go to 1/4 stick fast (it's then light on the skids) all 4 motors seem to be ok, i can then proceed normally with no more slow motor effect. I don't know why it works but if i try a slow start i will then need to disconnect the battery, then re-connect and do the faster start to get rid of the symptoms. ......hope this helps.

Quick Reply