New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: What color scheme do you like?
Yes, I like the blue color scheme. 5 21.74%
Yes, I like the green color scheme. 8 34.78%
Yes, I like the yellow color scheme. 4 17.39%
No. I'd rather have something else. 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 13, 2015, 02:58 AM
Find More Posts by feda
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,282 Posts
Poll
New 48-in Wattaplane Extra-330SC in Development

Hello 3D pilots,

We are developing a new 48-in EPP hybrid 3D plane.

Let us know what you do/don't want to see in this new plane.

First of all, I'd like to get some feedback from the color schemes that we have drawn. I understand that many of you were not so thrilled about the neon glowing effects used on previous Skywing models, and therefore we are trying to make the visual effects on our new planes simpler.

Please take the poll and tell us what you like or dislike about the designs. You are given the following 3 designs. Please tell us your favorite. If none of them pleases you, please tell us what kind of color schemes do. Thanks.
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Last edited by feda; Apr 13, 2015 at 03:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2015, 04:06 AM
Find More Posts by corsair214
United States, IN, Danville
Joined Mar 2007
399 Posts
extra

i like all of them..
corsair214 is offline Find More Posts by corsair214
Old Apr 13, 2015, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by oceanway99
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2012
571 Posts
they look nice...could use a little more black on topside of the green and Yellow(orange) ones....maybe on top of the fuse??
oceanway99 is offline Find More Posts by oceanway99
Old Apr 13, 2015, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by Lusby
Feeble Weeble Wobble
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Dec 2013
177 Posts
Great news. Out of the schemes above I like the yellow.

As an alternative, I like the attached scheme, but with black checkered underside for easy orientation.

One thing I'd really like to see on these epp hybrids that I love so much, is more saturated and durable application of the colours. The colours used to be so much brighter and durable when they were painted rather than printed.
Lusby is online now Find More Posts by Lusby
Old Apr 13, 2015, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,852 Posts
Thank you for making a contrasting, bright black and white bottom for orientation purposes. Like the curvy lines of the dark blue scheme. Straight lines of the tan and green not so much. Kind of boring. Surprized there is not a red scheme. Lots of red schemes I know but that is because its so visible. I've read on many threads the reason for having so many red/white planes is because pilots with not so great eyes find that color combo easiest to see. Just a thought. Personally the neon green, for me shows up great. Just keep the bottom black and white.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Apr 14, 2015, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by LanceMc
Certified Wingnut
Delta BC
Joined Jul 2008
373 Posts
I like the bottom of the green/yellow (orange) schemes. If you replaced the green/orange with a bright red , I would buy it!
LanceMc is online now Find More Posts by LanceMc
Old Apr 14, 2015, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by swampflyer
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
805 Posts
i like the green one. a little more black outlining on the top of the scheme to help break up the green.

look at what aerobeez is doing. their schemes are very very nice.
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer
Old Apr 14, 2015, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by feda
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusby View Post
Great news. Out of the schemes above I like the yellow.

As an alternative, I like the attached scheme, but with black checkered underside for easy orientation.

One thing I'd really like to see on these epp hybrids that I love so much, is more saturated and durable application of the colours. The colours used to be so much brighter and durable when they were painted rather than printed.
Thanks for your response, Lusby.

Unfortunately, painting is no longer an option at the factory. The factory has invested in printing technology and its current site won't allow painting operation.

We had a red flame color scheme in which, similar to what you suggested, red color spreads from leading edges, but on a largely white background. Does it capture what you are looking for? Or the yellow background/shapes of the red areas are important to you?

Best regards,

feda
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by feda
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Thank you for making a contrasting, bright black and white bottom for orientation purposes. Like the curvy lines of the dark blue scheme. Straight lines of the tan and green not so much. Kind of boring. Surprized there is not a red scheme. Lots of red schemes I know but that is because its so visible. I've read on many threads the reason for having so many red/white planes is because pilots with not so great eyes find that color combo easiest to see. Just a thought. Personally the neon green, for me shows up great. Just keep the bottom black and white.
Thanks, Steve.

The blue color scheme has been printed on a prototype.

I admit the tan and green look "kind of boring," but some pilots prefer simpler looks. I am experimenting with some subtle patterns. They look simple in distance but interesting in close-up. I've tried to make some "feather" patterns. Let me know if they work in your opinion.

Best regards,

Max
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by feda
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanway99 View Post
they look nice...could use a little more black on topside of the green and Yellow(orange) ones....maybe on top of the fuse??
We can make the canopy black.
Last edited by feda; Apr 14, 2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by corsair214
United States, IN, Danville
Joined Mar 2007
399 Posts
skywing

hi feda is skywing coming out with any new 32 in profile foamys? thanks
corsair214 is offline Find More Posts by corsair214
Old Apr 14, 2015, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by Lusby
Feeble Weeble Wobble
Joined Dec 2013
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Thanks for your response, Lusby.

Unfortunately, painting is no longer an option at the factory. The factory has invested in printing technology and its current site won't allow painting operation.

We had a red flame color scheme in which, similar to what you suggested, red color spreads from leading edges, but on a largely white background. Does it capture what you are looking for? Or the yellow background/shapes of the red areas are important to you?

Best regards,

feda
Hi Feda, I do like that red flame scheme...would be happy with that

Understand regarding the printing. Maybe some experimentation with different inks and amounts applied in the printing process. These planes fly so well, but start looking a bit tatty after a while, especially when they become you favourite in the hangar.

Is it possible to get unpainted kits as an option, I find EPP takes painting at home very well,

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 07:06 PM
Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Thanks, Steve.

The blue color scheme has been printed on a prototype.

I admit the tan and green look "kind of boring," but some pilots prefer simpler looks. I am experimenting with some subtle patterns. They look simple in distance but interesting in close-up. I've tried to make some "feather" patterns. Let me know if they work in your opinion.

Best regards,

Max
I like the blue Feda. Its a cool design. Makes you stop and say, thats cool.One thing you might consider is outlining the patterns that you are doing in black lines.Makes them stand out. Looks more striking that way. Nothing wrong with the feather pattern but its barely visible, if you can barely see it why put it on? I'd like to see a bright yellow, black and white pattern. Easy to see, its bright, and its 3 colors so easy on the printing machine. Out of the three I'd go with the blue and even then I would prefer it a bright color over a blue.Please keep the bottoms in black and white though. Gotta be able to see the bottom easily. Just my humble opinion in what I'd like to see.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Apr 14, 2015, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by Lusby
Feeble Weeble Wobble
Joined Dec 2013
177 Posts
The blue prototype does look nice. I'd like it even more if it had a bright orange on the nose and elevator (and perhaps the rudder) instead of the tan? colour for better orientation, and as Steve said a blackand white check or stripe pattern on the bottom, again to aid orientation.

I am all for nice schemes, as long as they support easy orientation. Keep up the great work!!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by iadamz
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
197 Posts
Please no grey!!!!!

It looks like there is grey on the top of wing on the yellow and green? Please no grey! It does not show up well in the sky. White is actually the best at reflecting light back at the pilot. I love neon orange neon green. Black on bottom.
iadamz is offline Find More Posts by iadamz