HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2007, 10:33 PM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
603 Posts
Discussion
Which Witch?? Gymallo conversion...

I have built the Indoor Gymallo, the Park Flyer Gymallo, and converted my SlowStick to an overgrown Gymallo..all with more than excellent results.

Due to the season I decided to convert my Slowmallo into a Flying Witch. ( My other Witch is OS .61 powered ). Again, the Gymallo design did not let me down. First flight was early this a.m. in near darkness...fantastic! I had to concentrate on orientation in the dark sky but the flying was perfect.

This eve I made some minor adjustments and went back out before dark for a much longer flight. My wife got a couple of shots with the camera. I had to lighten them up as the sky was getting dark fast. Again the flight was perfect and the very light touchdown was perfect.

This is ver 1.01 for me...many small things can be changed for realism but the concept is very sound indeed.

The service and aquired friendship of Bob at the Gymallo factory is way above normal or expected. This is an excellent adventure in my r/c pastime. I'll be ready of a little Halloween flying!!!

Randy
RandyL is offline Find More Posts by RandyL
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2007, 11:29 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Nice Job Randy! Congrats!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Oct 06, 2007, 10:52 PM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
603 Posts
Thanks, Just got back to it and added plastic googley eyes and red hair. Got a nice "toy" wig at a $1 store and it cut down and glued on with a little hot glue.
It is flying great!!!! About to build a 2nd sail made of Black rip stop.

Randy
RandyL is offline Find More Posts by RandyL
Last edited by RandyL; Oct 06, 2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: add text