HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 11:43 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,021 Posts
Discussion
Postal Ales contest's

Are there any postal ales contests being held. The club I belong to is non-electric for their contests which is ok, but I would like to participate in an ales format but unfortunately they don't hold this type of contest nor is their any other local clubs that do. I've just joined the eSoaring.net winter postal series but would like to start or join one here in the colonies. Anyone...???
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:17 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,428 Posts
start one up... I am sure that I would participate in a monthly postal.

the reason I don't participate in the other., is because I am not into long duration flights...and also, because I am not into the requirement for showing my work via a log readout.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Today, 01:46 PM
agnotology
Joined Jan 2007
3,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
start one up... I am sure that I would participate in a monthly postal.

the reason I don't participate in the other., is because I am not into long duration flights...and also, because I am not into the requirement for showing my work via a log readout.
By the "other", do you mean the eSoaring winter postal? If so, then 10 minutes is too long of a flight for you?

"Each flight in Open is to a 10 minute target"

http://www.esoaring.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2800

You don't need a log if you have a witness/timer.

They have 8 minute rounds for 2m gliders...

Kevin
kcaldwel is offline Find More Posts by kcaldwel
Old Today, 03:10 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,428 Posts
actually, I forgot about that one. But that is the reason I remember that I don't want to have to use a logger. I mostly just fly alone, and I would do postals alone.

the requirement for proof is silly in my opinion.
Old Today, 03:50 PM
scb28
Rocklin, CA
Joined Jan 2006
429 Posts
Kevin, I,ll throw my hat in the ring. I participated in a number of similar online events in years past. It was just the honor system, and it worked fine. What's to be gained by cheating, unless there's something more than bragging rights to win.

If you or anybody wants to start series, I'm in.

scb28
scb28 is offline Find More Posts by scb28
Old Today, 06:41 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,428 Posts
to be fair, if a competition's purpose is to further the use of logging devices, then a logging device being mandatory, is understandable.
And if that is the case, it should not be in lieu of a timer.