HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:57 PM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,574 Posts
Discussion
Multiplex Cockpit SX M-Link

Has anyone here bought the Multiplex Cockpit SX with two 7 channel receivers that's currently on Sale from World Hobbies?

Share your thoughts and experience if you have one.

I've had mine 2 weeks and i like it a lot. The ergonomics are the best. It's a very capable set for the price.

So far i have it setup on a ParkZone Radian Pro with the flaps and ailerons setup for camber/reflex on the slider and Crow in the throttle stick. It works really well and the setup was a breeze compared to my Futaba 12FG.

I've also got my Stik, an Extra e32 and an indoor foamie all setup.

One thing to note is that the TX is Telemetry capable and can receive up to 8 telemetry parameters (after the latest FW update, but the two receivers supplied with the TX are NOT telemetry capable.

I'm planning on buying the vario/altimeter module as soon as funds permit.
CustomPC is offline Find More Posts by CustomPC
Last edited by CustomPC; Jan 05, 2011 at 12:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:30 PM
DS= -$ & :-)
Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,085 Posts
I haven't got the Cockpit but the Royal Pro. The telelmetry and altimeter which would be the same on the Cockpit, is very cool, showing current altitude, Rx battery voltage, signal strength, and a variometer that can be turned on and off. A few adjustments with the multimate have it showing, max and minimum climb rate, your highest point during a flight, alarms for any of these readings plus low and high level alarms, all on the Tx screen.

I flew with AVB's Cockpit yesterday and it is very nice to hold.

I recently purchased from World Hobbies and got my order the very next day. Pretty good considering I live outside the 'next day' delivery zone.

Eric
Ezza is offline Find More Posts by Ezza
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:53 AM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,574 Posts
Hi Eric,

Does the Vario audio alarm change tone when climbing or descending?
CustomPC is offline Find More Posts by CustomPC
Old Jan 05, 2011, 01:39 AM
DS= -$ & :-)
Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,085 Posts
It sure does. Higher when climbing and lower pitch when descending. Beeps faster when climbing or descending faster too. Can be a bit annoying after a while or to others, but it can be assigned to any button or switch, so you can turn it off.

Eric
Ezza is offline Find More Posts by Ezza
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Jan 2011
85 Posts
Hi, I realise this thread is old but I thought I could add to it rather than starting a new one. I just wanted to share my experiences with this radio as it may help anyone who is looking to buy it by providing some photos of the transmitter and other bits and pieces. I am not looking to start a programming guide (I am sure this has been done else where) but just wanted to provide some photos that you don't see on the web sites when you are looking to buy.

Feel free to ask any questions as I am happy to do my best in providing an answer.
InvertedSnap is offline Find More Posts by InvertedSnap
Last edited by InvertedSnap; Oct 08, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Jan 2011
85 Posts
Some images of the Tx (Elegance edition) and the 7 channel Rx that came with it.

I fly a good mix of all fixed wing aircraft (including 4 wing servo gliders, electric and glo) and when it came to price and choosing between a Spektrum 7s, Aurora 9 and the Cockpit SX, the Cockpit came out on top. I guess poeple can argue reasons for all three radios but Cockpit just seemed like the better choice for me.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Jan 2011
85 Posts
Neckstrap Balancer for Cockpit SX

As I discovered, this transmitter is terrible to use with a neckstrap. The radio was originally designed to have a rather large telescopic aerial sticking out the top BUT in its 2.4 GHz form it is missing all this weight out the front. Unfortunately MPX did not change the position of the eyelet for the transmitter strap resulting in a transmitter that wants to lie flat against your tummy if your not holding onto the Tx.

I found this Neckstrap balancer on eBay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270770744...84.m1438.l2649

It came with an insert that is meant to fit inside the eyelet, however it was too big. I fixed this by cutting a piece of fuel tubing of the same thickness and used this instead. Fitted perfectly
Tx now hangs perfectly!!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:11 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,643 Posts
Thank you for posting this, I just ordered the part for my Cockpit SX (8 available, 42 sold).
I prefer the neck strap to a tray; unfortunately Multiplex only seems to make trays and nothing like this part.
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:34 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2005
311 Posts
Hi gents, if your interested, I am about to place an order for a new Royal Pro 16 and 4 to 5 receivers and some sensors from the UK...

http://www.modelspot.com/multiplex-1-c.asp

( getting a couple for a friend ), if anyone wants to add something and share the freight I am more than happy to bundle it all up...will probably be placing an order next week to beat the Xmas postal jam.

Regards Dino
DinoR is offline Find More Posts by DinoR
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertedSnap View Post
As I discovered, this transmitter is terrible to use with a neckstrap. The radio was originally designed to have a rather large telescopic aerial sticking out the top BUT in its 2.4 GHz form it is missing all this weight out the front. Unfortunately MPX did not change the position of the eyelet for the transmitter strap resulting in a transmitter that wants to lie flat against your tummy if your not holding onto the Tx.

I found this Neckstrap balancer on eBay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270770744...84.m1438.l2649

It came with an insert that is meant to fit inside the eyelet, however it was too big. I fixed this by cutting a piece of fuel tubing of the same thickness and used this instead. Fitted perfectly
Tx now hangs perfectly!!
Arrived yesterday from China, exactly as promised and advertised.
Worked exactly as you said, flew this morning to trynit out,mbalanced perfectly, couldn't be happier.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
85 Posts
Keeping things balanced...

Great news about the balancer and I am glad that I was able to help a fellow Multiplex user!! I agree with your comment about Multiplex and their love of trays but I guess that is what their main market (Europe) demands...luckily we now live in the world of eBay
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Jan 2011
85 Posts
Sorry I missed your post...

Hi Dino, thank you for the offer! It is a pity I that I haven't been checking the site over the xmas break as I am interested in obtaining a few sensors to use with my Cockpit. Be interested to hear hw your order went and what they were like to deal with.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:08 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,643 Posts
FWIW, I've purchased all my Multiplex radio equipment from Paul at Electricwingman in the UK. Great website and excellent shipping.
Even if its not on his website, he has always been willing to get the requested items.

I have been on the fence between buying a new Royal Evo Pro, the upcoming Profi or .... Sorry...a Futaba 18mz.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:31 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2005
311 Posts
Hi invertedsnap..no problems at all ..ordered Monday and was at my front door on the Friday !!!

Remember when you look at the pricing to discount the VAT value as you do not pay for this..even better value.

Dino
DinoR is offline Find More Posts by DinoR
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:00 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2008
166 Posts
I had a Cockpit SX on 36Mz and loved it. After a couple of years it started to get a little glitchy. This was only very intermittent and I put it down to bad Rxs, imagination etc. Unfortunately I lost a couple of planes and the only common denominator was the TX. I replaced it with a Aurora (better support in Oz) and kept the SX for use in the workshop. It kept deteriorating and how only works 20% of the time so that confirmed it was the Tx. Moral of the story is if you get a bad feeling about your SX get it checked
AMcC is offline Find More Posts by AMcC