HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
I ordered the Master CP with the Devo 7E with available telemetry from Aliexpress earlier this week for $241 shipping included. Can't wait to get it; this will be my first collective pitch heli; my others are fixed pitch.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,300 Posts
you'll enjoy it....make sure you get some sim time with cp, if you haven't, just to get a feel for it.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:57 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
There is an extensive setup guide for the ZYX on youtube. Including the hardware setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkF_APGYweQ

Check it out. It seems pretty straightforward
Wait till you really set it up and maiden it. I don't know how much time to take to setup the WK FBL all in one gyro, but the Tarot ZYX I had took me at least 0.5 hours of tweaking to make it flyable, took about 1 hour to make it fly nicely, and I haven't finish yet, the tail still needs some tweaks, so I'd assume it will take about 2 hours to set up ZYX to a very good state...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:52 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Two hours is pretty reasonable and when the weather is nice it's fun to do
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:26 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Well for the prize, not too bad.

Do you plan to try the Master CP FBL Rx on your 250?
I was thinking to try it, but use a separate tail gyro, since the receiver does not support tail servo.

- Spyro
I already have a ZYX ordered for my 250. I will fly it with the flybar for now til I get that mastered and then change to flybarless on it.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,329 Posts
Don't touch the servos

Unfortunately I didn't follow my own advice yesterday and stripped the elevator servo while moving it by hand. As I had a few 7-6-6 servos around, I quickly replaced the gears. I flew 4 packs today and had a moderate crash on the 4th pack when I lost orientation following a flip. The heli was undamaged and flew afterwards. As I was packing it, I found that the aileron and pitch servo had stripped as well. However, the stripping was not enough to stop the servos from operating normally. I then disassembled the servos at home and found that one of them had two tiny nicks in the third gear. This servo functioned normally. The other servo had no visible damage but it seems the mesh between the 3rd and 4th gear was not tight enough. It is possible that one of the gears had worn down. Anyway, I decided not to risk a mid-fight failure and replaced both of them.

My heli is completely undamaged after 13 flights and 6 crashes. All the crashes were onto grass from a low height. I am not certain whether I put on T/H on time or not. I suspect that the aileron and pitch servos were probably stripped during one of these crashes. The heli may be built like a tank but the force of a crash is being transmitted to these servos. So it is obvious that no improvement has been made with this servo. This servo may have been alright with FPs but is not suitable for FBL CPs. Flybarless set ups are known to exert much greater force on the cyclic servos making them much more prone to be stripped and burned. That is why many use $50 MKS titanium servos for their 450 FBL. Since these servos are so fragile, I would strongly advise everybody to avoid handling the servos as much as possible. I would strongly recommend not to use a Trex 250 blade holder as you would have to move the servos by hand in order to get the blades to fit.

Replacement servo gears were not sold by Walkera until very recently. It seems that they are available at HobbyOne for $2.69. I am not sure whether any other vendor is carrying them but we should ask our vendors to so. Otherwise, you will have to order an replacement servo that costs more than $10. So these 13 flights could have costed me more than $30 in parts despite sustaining no damage to other parts. It is also worthwhile to see whether any servos from another brand can used. It seems that people have used Futaba S3154 and EMAX ES08MD servos successfully in the 4F200.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 07, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:22 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Unfortunately I didn't follow my own advice yesterday and stripped the elevator servo while moving it by hand. As I had a few 7-6-6 servos around, I quickly replaced the gears. I flew 4 packs today and had a moderate crash on the 4th pack when I lost orientation following a flip. The heli was undamaged and flew afterwards. As I was packing it, I found that the aileron and pitch servo had stripped as well. However, the stripping was not enough to stop the servos from operating normally. I then disassembled the servos at home and found that one of them had two tiny nicks in the third gear. This servo functioned normally. The other servo had no visible damage but it seems the mesh between the 3rd and 4th gear was not tight enough. It is possible that one of the gears had worn down. Anyway, I decided not to risk a mid-fight failure and replaced both of them.

My heli is completely undamaged after 13 flights and 6 crashes. All the crashes were onto grass from a low height. I am not certain whether I put on T/H on time or not. I suspect that the aileron and pitch servos were probably stripped during one of these crashes. The heli may be built like a tank but the force of a crash is being transmitted to these servos. So it is obvious that no improvement has been made with this servo. This servo may have been alright with FPs but is not suitable for FBL CPs. Flybarless set ups are known to exert much greater force on the cyclic servos making them much more prone to be stripped and burned. That is why many use $50 MKS titanium servos for their 450 FBL. Since these servos are so fragile, I would strongly advise everybody to avoid handling the servos as much as possible. I would strongly recommend not to use a Trex 250 blade holder as you would have to move the servos by hand in order to get the blades to fit.

Replacement servo gears were not sold by Walkera until very recently. It seems that they are available at HobbyOne for $2.69. I am not sure whether any other vendor is carrying them but we should ask our vendors to so. Otherwise, you will have to order an replacement servo that costs more than $10. So these 13 flights could have costed me more than $30 in parts despite sustaining no damage to other parts. It is also worthwhile to see whether any servos from another brand can used. It seems that people have used Futaba S3154 and EMAX ES08MD servos successfully in the 4F200.
It seems the Henge 922MG's will also work and this would probably give a pretty bulletproof setup. Btw, you shouldn't be able to strip a servo that's not under power unless you are being pretty rough on it because the gears would simply spin. Your servo was probably already pretty much gone.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:30 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,369 Posts
Servos should strip by moving them unpowered
If these do then there garbage!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,329 Posts
The stripping by hand occurred when the heli was unpowered. I was simply trying to move the servo arm. The arm was very stiff and I stripped it as it mover. This has happened to me a few times before with the 4F200. I think we should either stock up on servo gears or change the servos to another brand as soon as possible.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Or ask Walkera to please upgrade their servo's
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:41 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,239 Posts
what would be needed to balance charge walkera 1s & 2s batterys on a accucel-6 ?
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:09 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,329 Posts
Update: I just found that the elevator had been stripped as well. This was after a one flight session with no crashes. So all 3 cyclic servos were stripped today. This makes a total of 4 including the elevator servo that was repaired. I am really perplexed about this. This could have been due to a combination of accumulated crashes and manual handling. It could also have been that the constant strain of the FBL system was too much for the servos.

This is completely unacceptable to me. I will talk to my vendor to see whether he will sell servo gears on their own.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:41 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post

I'm pretty certain that these servos are the same as the stock ones on the V400d02.
Myself and many others substituted it for the Hitec hs5055 metal geared servo.
It is a direct fit and requires no reversing, relocation of Gyro, etc.
I have had about 4 or 5 crashes and they have proved to be very durable and undamaged.
Can you post an image of the servo mounts?
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
If that would work for the Master CP also it would be nice..
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,300 Posts
If going the futaba route.....i don't see why these wouldn't do the job Futaba S3157 same size as the other ones listed above but metal gears. Only bad thing is the set almost costs as much as the heli itself.