SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Steveis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 09, 2013, 03:58 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,744 Posts
You don't touch the sticks. Please read the procedure in the first post.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:58 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
You don't touch the sticks. Please read the procedure in the first post.
here is some copy-paste job from your first post and in last bold letters i shows any remark by me.

a) Set to Aeroplane mode. (I don't find any thing to set on TX)
b) Centre all Sub Trims ( i don't know if my tx have any option for this
c) Centre all trims (i did it)
d) Put throttle trim to minimum (i did it)
e) Do not set dual rates - leave all rates at 100% (if i am not wrong, switch A will activate dual rates- in fact i tried all possible postions for switch A and B)
f) Set end point adjust (travel) to 100% (i don't know how to do)
g) Use Expo as required (I don't know how to do)

Now, follow this routine to get the KK board to learn Stick Centre (it actually only checks the Rudder stick and assumes others are the same): -

1) Turn on the transmitter (i did)
2) Set Yaw and Roll pots to zero (usually CCW)* ---- Later you you suggested me to try CW when i asked nothing happens when these posts are CCW)
3) Turn on Flight Controller (i did)
4) The led should flash slowly 10 times (yes it blink)
5) Now, the KK board reads the centre of the Rudder stick (yes it blink)
6) The led should flash rapidly to say it has finished (yes it was flashing rapidly )
7) Power down the Flight Controller ( i did )
8) Set pots to normal ( i did)

Now you should be able to fly. You may need to slightly adjust trims to compensate for your CoG being slightly out or your roll and .......

...There are files for ScaleStick 5, 4 and 3 (default, acro and aggresive). ( I used 5)

the result is as follow: NO positive result for lazy#4.
Please just check this video
stick centering problem not solved (3 min 51 sec)

one more thing I just realized that from your first post is that,

The only other change to the code is that the arming LED stays on when you are calibrating the throttle limits on the ESCs. Seems a little dangerous being in Throttle calibration mode without the arming LED on. Also draws your attention to it if you are accidentally in this mode.

I concluded two thing till now:
1. Is it means that ESCs are needed to calibrate when connected to the FC board?if yes, i didn't processed it. can you please guide me to any link or just give me a brief how to calibrate ESC connecting with FC board.

2. Some points what i was not knowing in your suggestions before starting stick centering e.i. End point travel adjustment, how can i achieve this? I think this would be second most posibile mistake in my setup.
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
Last edited by drpiyush; Jun 11, 2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typo in message
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:34 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Two experiments I did on this setup today.

1. I thought if stick centering is the ONLY problem, I changed the TxRx set, some similar (chinese) stuff, but 4Ch. same reaction- no improvement.

2. I studied kk manual deeply. I found there some throttle range set (calibration) on page #13, no improvement. But one thing heppen accidently. I was repeating this process just to test if i made any problem in first attempt- once i forgot to reset (center) yaw pot and my all four motors were spinning almost expected speed. but i realized that this was also without doing arming process NO LED. Again when I reset the yaw to center, same lazy #4 found.

I more thing I forgot to say since first post - whenever i power up the ESCs i.e. connect my battery to ESC harness, every time just single beep comes (from only one ESC) (I powered the FC board only with motor #2 's ESC. I never connected the rest ESCs ground and Vcc to th board) and if join any of the ESC+motor to the TxRx it behaves very normal ESC 678 music and motor spinning.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 05:36 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Stevis

It worked, all 4 were spinning at a time. thank you a lot.

I was almost on verge of frustration but today morning somebody sent me Alwayas Way.jpg

I opened kkmulticopter website, thouroughly checked every related page - very few so not boring. two of them i followed step by step http://www.kkmulticopter.com/index.p...-faq&Itemid=41 and http://www.kkmulticopter.com/index.p...d=55&Itemid=57

(after each of the following steps, I was checking if lazy#4 overcomed)
1.programmed ESC using programing card (w/o FC board) .
2.calibrated each ESC for my radio. [from here, the ESC's power on music started]
3.checked trims etc again
4.checked every wiring.
5.ESC throttle range setting using yaw to zero (and then again center)
now from your development
6.installed your new fw with stick centering ability (offcourse, i'm using lyzero's flash tool).
processed as per your suggestions. and checked for the motor #4 spining. Bingo- it was spining. even rest of three were also spinning more powerfullly.

all these process was carried out without props on motors. Its raining outside, but i will try asap with prop mounted on motors.

Thank s a lot again all for valueable suggestions.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:48 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpiyush View Post
I crashed and lost the tri frame and a prop day before yesterday in a wind, I have to wait until new props come from HK.

I changed the plan to xcopter, installed FW V4.7, FW ......

....What is the cause and solution of the problem?

I updated suggested firmware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpiyush View Post
Stevis
It worked, all 4 were spinning at a time. thank you a lot. ........
..........on motors.

Thank s a lot again all for valueable suggestions.

Finally, Yesterday I tried for first time lift the quad. Its a custom made frame. I tried to lowered all the gyro pots to avoid quick responses from the gyros and keep the quad to away from unwanted oscillations. It bring the the FC board into some unknown state. The status LED blinked first, then 3 blinks and then the boards goes into armed state automatically. So arming / disarming was not available during all these attempts. (Today, i discovered that In this position, "only throttle" input was active from TX, no other channel was responding in FC's this status. )

mostly, I believe that today i'll able to set trims on my tx for center settings of all three pots in the FC board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Qit...mGd63D&index=1
Old Jun 22, 2013, 02:28 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Help needed for trim adjustment

I"m still with X config with the current FW with stick centering I'm satisfied. Yet need further help for trim adjustments, the only significant thing is the arming / unarming is done with Channel #1 (Ailron stick).

Motor #2 and #4 work nice, but #1 and #3 shows unexptected rpm. I firmly checked the control responce, they are as expectation means, ch#1 affacts motor#2 & #3 or #1 & #4, ch#2 affacts m#1&2 or #3&4; ch#4 affects m#1&3 or M#2&4. (yet the arming / unarming is with Ch#1.... though its not much problematic as of now, but I worried if it is some fw or FC board error)

my problem is,
1. m#1 and #3 are not spinning as exptected: either #1 runs too fast or #3 runs too slow with any of channel #1-2-4 's trim adjustments.
2. many times it is found that, if the joystick moved any direction and i received exptected responce from concern motors but when i move the stick to center(normal) postion, the recovery of speed of motor becomes very slow and sometimes the motors which becomes slow in stick's responces, stops spinning.
3.I'm not able to reverse gyro pot direction, as i suspected that roll and yaw became reversed( if i want to activate stick cenering, i have to move these both pots to fully CW-zero) how can i get these gyros in normal(pot value zero on fully CCW)?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 07:05 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
I suspect my Tx. I'm trying to adjust trims on my quad since morning, I think every time i power off after almost trim set, and if i power on the tx, again found some another motor (either of four) becomes slow- is it possible? or its just my doubt only?[/QUOTE]
Is it possible tx is faulty- different outputs on different channels? thought it shows normal stick on T6config.exe.
is there any simple way (donot have knowladge to operate oscilloscope nor i have oscilloscope) to find out the tx works normal?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 08:53 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
here, is the another thing that may be useful to understand my errors. let me first show the connections from Rx to KK blackboard.

Ch#1(of Rx)-> Rudder pin (on KKboard) this also arms and operates as Ailron control (pair of motors are m#1&4; m#2&3).

Ch#2 (of Rx)-> Ail pin(on KKboard). This operates as Elevator. means motors in pairs as m#1&2; m#3&4.

Ch#3(of Rx)-> thro pin(on KKboard)... this is normal condion, as expected.

Ch#4(of Rx)-> Ele pin(on KKboard)... this operates as rudder control, i.e. controls motors in pairs of m#1&3; m#2&4.

In short, my tx is works (and set to mode2- throttle on left hand stick) but seems the pin name on my kk board are different than how they responces for the tx sticks.

I updated this fw with stick cenetring more than 3 or 4 times, so i cant understand why my kkboard reads and responces different than all others in this community?

many times i feel that my quad "may" trimed in point (means seems i matched spins of all four motors using manual trim of tx. After that also, if i tried to lift up the quad, it flips immediately within 2-3 seconds.... Is it possible due to any of gyro was reversed by me unknowingly? cause if i want to set roll pot zero ( actually yaw and roll in case of stick centering suggested by stevis) i found that i have to move roll pot full CW to make it zero which normally suggested full CCW.... this thing also can be understood from my earlier videos
001 (0 min 24 sec)
(of accidently mode of disabled controls expect throttle)

so now i need to understand two things:
1. what shoud the reason for the strange behaviour of connection from Rx to kkboard? is it due to unwanted reversed gyro?

2. Even when visually i believe / found all four motors almost spinning at similar rpms, why quad flips within few seconds? Is there any possible significant cause other than revered gyros?
Last edited by drpiyush; Jun 24, 2013 at 03:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:13 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Lots of thing i learnt in these days with help of RCgroup members. It was very difficult for me to make stable trim for my quad in X config. Then I decided to try with + config which looks little less complecated for triming purpose. Though, I'm yet not fully satisfied with the spinning synchonisation of the all four motors, it looks much imporved than the previous X config.

The major issue I still fighting with is all motors are not spining simlutaniously and another is stopping of one or sometimes more motors when applying any of the control like Ail, Ale or rudder stick. When we apply a control via control stick on Tx, for example Ail stick Ch#1 right .... to my knowledge, the motor#3 should be speed up and motor #2 should be go slower. now the slowing motor stops spinning if not applied reverse to the same stick immediately and does not starts again until cut-off the throttle completely and again apply the throttle.
I tried a lot of combination for trims but found this most applicable yet i'm not completely satisfied with it.
Till now, i was using 9047 props, but now I am going to ask people on rcgroups for their opinion for my another pairs of propeller of Three Blade 6x4.5 Propeller http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=27908 as i believe it will limit the chances of immediate flips for the quad compare to 9047 props.
MVI 0318 (1 min 19 sec)

Here at this stage, I'm looking for a quick link where i can calculate the thrust using my motors for this expected change of propellers. Also I expect comments that is the spinning of motors is ok to make a maiden ?
Last edited by drpiyush; Jun 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: video link
Old Jun 28, 2013, 05:07 PM
Italy
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts
HI i write from italy! I loaded the fw on kk 2.1 and flies very well! stick centering and trim to zero, my copter now is perfect! thank you very much Steveis!
rick_RC is offline Find More Posts by rick_RC
Old Jul 05, 2013, 01:56 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Stevis and all

at present, i'm much more satisfied with my quad, yet not flown but tests looks much hopeful. I doubt that I need to do gyro reversing for the pitch gyro. In fact i read earlier somewhere in someFW info, that gyro-revesing is not needed now- but I think it was for HK KK2 board not mine one, right? IF I'm right, then i need to reverse pitch gyro. for that, best of my knowledge- i need to make my roll pot zero, right? Now if i power the board then the LED should blink 10times as per preflight check suggestion. but here, on my board in this stage the LED blinks only 3time like the stick centering - yes without making the yaw pot zero(I uploaded fw two moretime after this still nothing change). so i don't know how to make my pitch gyro reverse? can you suggest me anything?

one more thing like to ask: if the gyro direction is changed- will the pot direction for minimum to maximum will also change?

BTW,
I'm planing to order another FC board not expensive than 25-30$. what is suggestions for me? should i order this same one or go for HK KK2 or HK KK3?
What will be software differences ? can all are loaded with same fw or all need seperate fws and hardwares? can I know a basic quick comparision for all these or anything else your suggestions?
Last edited by drpiyush; Jul 06, 2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: web link added
Old Jul 06, 2013, 04:45 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
tried to lift the quad. shows too much spinning. Is it require yaw gyro reversing?
VID_20130706_120534.3gp (1 min 0 sec)
Old Jul 07, 2013, 05:28 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Believe me, i didn't controled it to go to the tree
test flight of the + quad (0 min 19 sec)

Any ways, i think it requires little trim towards forward to let the front motor (M#1) to let spin little fast, right? do any gyro also need to reduce gain?
Old Jul 07, 2013, 09:25 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
This was the first so called sucessful flight of my + cofig quad. it turned little left, just on little lift @ 0:09. There was not any forward motion by me but it was actually difting towards Motor #2. There are two options i can try: either change the CG towards M#3 or increase spining of M#2. I have time to wait for expert advise, as my this setup is very messy and complety ugly if one see it personally. so i am planning to rearrange the ESC and foam landing skids tomorrow.
DOWNLOAD 20130707183006 1001 2 (0 min 9 sec)

This just took height of not more than 8ft from ground, yet this was a quite sucessful in my view compere to my earlier lift of Tri even above 15fts of height as tri was totally unsetisfactory contoled.
Sorry for the poor quality of video as it was agin from cctv footage as my camera person was not willing shoot that time and just sit oh his chair near me and giving me his valueable suggestions to improve my setup.
Old Jul 09, 2013, 09:27 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
another forward step
VID_20130709_144910.3gp (0 min 9 sec)

VID_20130709_144348.3gp (0 min 11 sec)
Last edited by drpiyush; Jul 09, 2013 at 09:41 AM.