SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:56 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2011
365 Posts
Discussion
What do you think of this::3DPro NEXT 450HV-FL PRO 6ch Flybarless 3D Helicopter (Micr

http://www.rc711.com/shop/3dpro-next...?cPath=165_244

Has microbeast flybarless Gyro..
Specs sound pretty good... same price as Align 450??
would you buy this over an Align? if so why, if not why not?
make sure you read all specs. As i am keen on this and will bind with DX6
andione1983 is online now Find More Posts by andione1983
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
I'm in the same boat now as you were when you posted - could you share your impressions with the heli?
thx
Milo. is offline Find More Posts by Milo.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,329 Posts
What is included in the price is a professional build and installation that can cost anything from $50 to more than $100 in Hong Kong. The expert built Align 3GX combo will cost $110 more at rc711

http://www.rc711.com/shop/align-trex...ath=165_47_188

This is not an easy choice at all. The Hobby Wing Platinum ESC in the 3D pro is reckoned to be superior to the Align ESC. But other than that, things are less certain. The Align DS410M servos used for cyclics are not that good but I don't know anything about the 3Dpro servos. The BeastX still seems to be preferred by those in the US. However in Hong Kong, the prevailing opinion is that the 3GX is slightly better in terms of functions and performance.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:48 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
6s setup with 1800kv motor on a 40a esc...that's pushing it no?
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
6s setup with 1800kv motor on a 40a esc...that's pushing it no?
Hmmm....
My understanding was that higher voltage means less ampers for the same wattage, so in theory even a smaller ESC should suffice, shouldn't it? (True, I don't know the motor power.)
Also, the battery is a 1300mAh 30C/35C, so that would mean 1.3A * 30 = 39A draw max continuous, 1.3A * 35 = 45.5A max burst.

By the way, the ESC specs say (http://www.rc711.com/shop/hobbywing-...-p-3394.html):
Code:
Output:  Continuous 40A, burst 60A up to 10 seconds.
Or am I looking at it the wrong way?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:08 AM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
You're looking at it correct....id just never personally run amps that close to a rated power.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Align DS410M servos used for cyclics are not that good but I don't know anything about the 3Dpro servos.
This is what I found about the servos:
Testing the S410MG and DS9257 3DPro Servos from RC711 (1 min 47 sec)

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=27
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=16

The actual specs seem to be better than the Align servos... not sure about longetivity.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:13 AM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
You're looking at it correct....id just never personally run amps that close to a rated power.
Well, that's just what I calculated based on the battery, have no idea how much power the setup really needs.

Do you think I should upgrade to this one:
http://www.rc711.com/shop/hobbywing-...rs-p-3396.html
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
I was just going to say I would personally run a 60a (over 50 strictly because 60 is just more common)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Nov 2011
365 Posts
Hi guys, i have one of these i purchased it about a month ago, have had a few gently flights, so far my opinion is that this is a very good heli, being flybarless with microbeast it is very very stable, and i find it very easy to hover and basic flights, as i am fairly new to helis, i am taking it easy to aviod crash, keeping my aerobatic maneouvers to my mcpx and genius at the moment.. i like this so much i am ordering a second one also 3D pro making some very nice canopies, i have ordered a few more for this heli, it is very nice looking, has heaps of power pushing throlle/collective up rapidly this has so much power and rockets up into the air, quality is Align comparable, and i would say very high standard. i ordered this with 2 Batteries and a case so it is a very nice looking kit
i think anyone purchasing will be happy with this for the price, and what you get for value of money.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:38 AM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
It does look like a really nice heli with gobs of power
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:54 AM
Joined Nov 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
It does look like a really nice heli with gobs of power
it does have gobs of power, and also flies nicely very slow... is very stable
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
That's it, guys, I'm sold

As for the ESC, I'll upgrade it to 60A once I'm comfortable enough to do some 3D with it. I probably won't run it full headspeed anyway, and I figure I won't be able to overload the 40A with basic hover and slow circles for quite a while
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:33 AM
Joined Nov 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo. View Post
That's it, guys, I'm sold

As for the ESC, I'll upgrade it to 60A once I'm comfortable enough to do some 3D with it. I probably won't run it full headspeed anyway, and I figure I won't be able to overload the 40A with basic hover and slow circles for quite a while
i know i wont be ready for 3d for a couple of years.. lol i fear it... anywayi dont think you will be dissappointed, however i have ordered a second one, and apparently they are currently out of stock of microbeast, so may not be ready for shipment till lateer in Feb from RC 711...
i know i love mine.. when you get it though check that your tail servo rod is adjusted correctly as mine was a little short..
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andione1983 View Post
i know i wont be ready for 3d for a couple of years.. lol i fear it... anywayi dont think you will be dissappointed, however i have ordered a second one, and apparently they are currently out of stock of microbeast, so may not be ready for shipment till lateer in Feb from RC 711...
i know i love mine.. when you get it though check that your tail servo rod is adjusted correctly as mine was a little short..
Thanks for the heads-up. It's around -10'C degree here and I don't expect much change until mid-March, so timing-wise that's okay - but I'll go ahead and place the order to make sure i get from the next shipment of microbeast.

Apart from the tail servo, was there anything else you had to adjust to make it air-worthy?