New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2015, 06:49 PM
Find More Posts by Voguna
Norway, Oslo
Joined Jun 2010
763 Posts
Discussion
Need some help with RVOSD G5. Can i use this remote?

Hey.

I bought a used RVOSD 5 from one from rcgroups. I did not get the remote with It, but If Its not necessary, I do not need It either. But I cannot get It quite to work. I have used EagleTreeOSD, and am used to the logic and that kind of stuff. I have video, and I can see the OSD screen and everything, but there Is not Reciever Inputs to the OSD. I use Taranis + X6R Reciever and I have also tried other transmitter + recievers.

What Is the "enable servos"? Is this to connect the "AUX" on the OSD board to a spare, for exaple channel 5 on my reciever and have a 3 position switch? I have done this, just like the EagletreeOSD. But there is no inputs. I have a feeling there was used PPM before I got this board, so how do I reset It to normal PWM signal again? I have not find any "step by step" instructions or/and answers If there Is a GUI for this to configure this OSD on a PC like you do with your EagleTreeOSD? Thanks for your time
Voguna is offline Find More Posts by Voguna
Last edited by Voguna; Nov 06, 2015 at 03:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2015, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by reznikvova
Miami
Joined Dec 2001
1,745 Posts
You must enable servos and connect a spare channel to the AUX input.
You can enter the RVOSD in-flight menu by toggling the Aux input with your R/C.

There is no GUI, all the settings are done via the OSD screen.

You don't need to buy the original remote, you can use a TV remote which is programmed for SONY T.V sets.

Use the volume / channel and mute button to navigate the main OSD menu.
reznikvova is offline Find More Posts by reznikvova
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2015, 04:05 AM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Jun 2010
763 Posts
I see. I have one spare AUX input from my reciever to the AUX input on the OSD. I have a feeling that this OSD is configured to PPM, therefore It is hard for my reciever to give the correct PWM signals. How can I reset this If It Is in PPM mode? I use normal PWM signals.
But how do I enable the servos If there is not RC input to the OSD? I am not a newbie, so I know I have the signal wires, ground wires and etc correct.
Old Nov 06, 2015, 02:59 PM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Jun 2010
763 Posts
Will this remote work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191346303623...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT