New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2015, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by ThomasRP
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Mar 2006
13 Posts
Discussion
servos for gliders

I bought some s3114 servo and I have a question. Does the servo current remain the same no matter what load is placed on it. I'm using an Elogger to watch the elevator/aileron servo current on my glider and I want to know if it is approaching max load.
ThomasRP is offline Find More Posts by ThomasRP
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2015, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by Anker
Stealth Plane Works
USA, MA, Stow
Joined Sep 2004
618 Posts
Nope, the current goes up when the load is increased. By a lot if the load is heavy.

Anker
Anker is offline Find More Posts by Anker
Old Jul 13, 2015, 06:03 PM
Find More Posts by harleym
Genie Flyer
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Joined Feb 2005
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
Nope, the current goes up when the load is increased. By a lot if the load is heavy.

Anker
Anker. . .you fell off my radar screen a long time back. Glad to know you are still with us. Are you still available to cut cores for the Genie line ships? It's rare that anyone wants to build such a wing, but I'd like you to be the preferred source. My e-mail is harleyem@charter.net.
harleym is offline Find More Posts by harleym
Old Jul 13, 2015, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by Anker
Stealth Plane Works
USA, MA, Stow
Joined Sep 2004
618 Posts
Hey Harley,

Great to hear from you again. Yes, I will cut Genie cores. My Web site has been closed because I'm not building wings or cutting custom cores, but Genie cores I'm happy to do.

Anker
Anker is offline Find More Posts by Anker
Old Jul 14, 2015, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by mlee8249
Fly R/C writer
Redlands, Ca
Joined Dec 2004
2,057 Posts
Hi Thomas,

Anker is right on the dot about the draw on power. if you ever want to find out just how much amperage your servo or entire system is consuming, you should invest in a meter that measures the draw on power. I use the Hanger 9 digital power meter for my planes.

When you have a lot of servos on board, you really should pay attention to the power consumption. Also, high performance planes may not draw a lot on thee ground, but they certainly can in the air. I also use this meter to measure each servo by itslf to see if the control surface or linkage is stiff or binding which causes the servo to work harder.

I have a short video on You Tube about using the power meter. Do a search for "Team Tech Tip" and you should be able to find it quickly..

Mike Lee
mlee8249 is offline Find More Posts by mlee8249