HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:56 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,204 Posts
Ok. I did a store locator search and I have a store not that far from where I live. I will try to go there tomorrow.

-joker
joker24458 is offline Find More Posts by joker24458
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:38 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post
Ok. I did a store locator search and I have a store not that far from where I live. I will try to go there tomorrow.

-joker
Take the hose from your spray kit with you so you can match the connector. Likewise check out the compressor side. I put quick disconnects on mine since I also use it for other air tools
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:22 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,457 Posts
Amazing effects! Please, please, post the step by step (links) for us see the progress!!!!

Thank you,
Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyz43 View Post
Sorry for a late post but another way to hold the posterboard down to the depron is spray adhesive. I use 3M45 spray adhesive on the back side of the posterboard to hold everything in place for me.. It will allow you to stick the posterboard to the depron, pull out and paint areas that you want and then replace the posterboard to cover up the painted area without pulling the paint off...Only thing is to spray the posterboard with a very light coat of adhesive....
just finished this 40" DW Foamies Juka for a fella out in Las Vegas....all posterboard stencils and no pins or weights to hold things in place....
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:49 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,204 Posts
Ok, well I picked up the correct coupler, no paint yet, but should be airbrushing soon.

-joker
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:41 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,571 Posts
and the teflon thread sealing tape?

Good luck with it. Play around with some cardboard and such before you attack a plane. Remember, light even coats to not add too much weight
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:32 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,204 Posts
Nope, I did not get any Teflon tape because my dad already has some.......he is a (brain)scientist and has alot of this stuff (he uses tanks of air and such in his lab). I still did not get any paint though, but I may not be able to airbrush tomorrow.........I have school Monday and stuff to do. Nnot that much, dont worry but I also want to go to the feild tomorrow and fly. Also to train my dad..........but he has a pretty long way to go.

-joker
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:17 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post
Nope, I did not get any Teflon tape because my dad already has some.......he is a (brain)scientist and has alot of this stuff (he uses tanks of air and such in his lab). I still did not get any paint though, but I may not be able to airbrush tomorrow.........I have school Monday and stuff to do. Nnot that much, dont worry but I also want to go to the feild tomorrow and fly. Also to train my dad..........but he has a pretty long way to go.

-joker
You're having too much fun with the mini vapor to paint, admit it!! You can get small 2oz bottles of paint at Michael's or Blick art and craft stores or if you can't find those stores, you can get some of the Apple Barrel or Folk Art paint at Wal-Mart to practice with for something like $2 a bottle. Make sure you don't pick the dustiest bottle on the shelf and it's unopened as if there are any lumps in it, they will clog the airbrush. And be sure to clean it well once you are done. and then just be creative and have some fun trying different things on something that doesn't matter
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:34 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,927 Posts
My airbrush should arrive today or tomorrow. I'm anxious to get started. I have a 1700mm Corsair to paint!
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:00 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
My airbrush should arrive today or tomorrow. I'm anxious to get started. I have a 1700mm Corsair to paint!
one rivet at a time!! Good luck!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:51 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
You're having too much fun with the mini vapor to paint, admit it!! You can get small 2oz bottles of paint at Michael's or Blick art and craft stores or if you can't find those stores, you can get some of the Apple Barrel or Folk Art paint at Wal-Mart to practice with for something like $2 a bottle. Make sure you don't pick the dustiest bottle on the shelf and it's unopened as if there are any lumps in it, they will clog the airbrush. And be sure to clean it well once you are done. and then just be creative and have some fun trying different things on something that doesn't matter
Fine...........ok, yes I admit it! Flying my Mini Vapor tons and tons of times every day (cold and winds have been keeping me inside....at least for flying ). Well, I have everything ready to airbrush, I got some paint from Hobby Lobby, I am just waiting for a day when I have time...........so much other stuff going on. School, planes, life, planes, Mini Vapor, planes..........see? I cant find any time to airbrush!

-joker

P.S. I fly the Mini so much (and other planes too........) that I rarely have any time to charge my DX7s . I am thinking about getting a better batt for it soon..........
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:28 AM
Pushing the envelope
Valatie, N.Y.
Joined Jan 2006
408 Posts
Hey just wanted to show you guys my paint job. I got the inspiration from the 1st post on this thread, thanks.
Nicoflyer is offline Find More Posts by Nicoflyer
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:28 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,673 Posts
Very nice!!
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:46 PM
Pushing the envelope
Valatie, N.Y.
Joined Jan 2006
408 Posts
A more finished look. Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359330200.864184.jpg
Views: 117
Size: 120.4 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359330338.737291.jpg
Views: 96
Size: 128.3 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359330367.172624.jpg
Views: 101
Size: 139.6 KB
Description:
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:09 AM
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
adreher,
I'm sure you covered this in the last 111 pages but what material did you use for making your stencel. I know you used craytex paint and i just wanted to make sure it was the same stufff as fascolor. I use it on my car bodies and wanted to make sure it would work on depron. thanks for your time and you have done a great job on this thread.
pounditracing is offline Find More Posts by pounditracing
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:30 AM
Pushing the envelope
Valatie, N.Y.
Joined Jan 2006
408 Posts
I like to use template making material, because it a lite plastic, fairly inexpensive,available in large sheets if needed and cuts easy. If you use card stock you can only use it one time and then the end gets bloated from the paint.