HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2014, 07:24 AM
Joined Dec 2010
11 Posts
Discussion
mCPx Not Levelling / Very Sensitive During Flight

Hey guys, I come to you in time of need! My mCPx (v2, not BL) is driving me bananas. I am able to take off and the heli seems very stable when in the air, however as soon as I touch the right stick it veers wildly off and ultimately crashes.

There is a combination of two problems here - the heli seems to keep on tilting after moving the right stick rather than levelling out, and also the right stick is INCREDIBLY sensitive! My wee heli just rolls over in flight no matter what I do.

This all started after a rather nasty crash (probably over 100 flights in) and I've replaced so many parts now to no avail, as well as re-binded around 20 times. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
si_edgey is offline Find More Posts by si_edgey
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:19 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jul 2014
48 Posts
Just a thought but 100 flights in you should clean those servos. That could be your problem just some dirty servos. Do you get much jitter normally? I know fbl will have some jitter, but if it shakes for no reason when stationary it's dirty. Check connections, of not try switching the servo and see if problem persists. It'll at least narrow down the problem. Also depending on which version board you have, even small vibrations can make the gyro act crazy, v1 more so I believe. But it astonishing how just a bit of vibration will make the heli head in random settings trying to correct the random inputs it is receiving.
StuckNaTree is online now Find More Posts by StuckNaTree
Old Oct 26, 2014, 03:30 AM
Joined Dec 2010
11 Posts
Thanks for the reply - I have tried cleaning the servos (which were pretty dirty) but it made no difference. She's actually flying very stable just when spinning up and just after take off, it's more that the servos seem to be incredibly sensitive to input from the right stick

I'm stumped, any other suggestions would be great - I'm going to contact HH to see if they have any ideas as well.
si_edgey is offline Find More Posts by si_edgey