HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:00 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Alert
DJI A2 problems & bugs

Anyone that is experiencing real problems with A2 that is surely not related to user miss configuration of the system, please post it here so we can keep an update bug track log of A2 to help the community.

Please no bashing, just plain objective information about the bugs that experienced users are having, if any.

This way we can share important information with easy access without having to read the hole A2 thread to be up to date with important bugs that can offer risk to expensive rigs.

Thanks everyone.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined May 2013
3 Posts
A2 Problems

I put together an octocopter with the A2 system and while setting up the system with the DJI Assistant program I found two motors would not start. Checked all wiring, connections, switched ESC's and motors with no change, same two motors would not start in the "test motor" section. After more testing the other motors stopped working, even though they run fine when tested with another controller and TX. I am at a loss to determine the source of the problem, but it sure looks like a failure in the DJI A2 system. Anyone else experienced this let me know. Thanks
SkyEyes4U is offline Find More Posts by SkyEyes4U
Old Nov 23, 2013, 08:39 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,986 Posts
So far the only issue that I have encountered was that the A2 is really particular about how you connect everything up to the Can Bus. Get that wrong and stuff won't work.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:13 PM
Australia, NSW, Stanhope Gardens
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyEyes4U View Post
I put together an octocopter with the A2 system and while setting up the system with the DJI Assistant program I found two motors would not start. Checked all wiring, connections, switched ESC's and motors with no change, same two motors would not start in the "test motor" section. After more testing the other motors stopped working, even though they run fine when tested with another controller and TX. I am at a loss to determine the source of the problem, but it sure looks like a failure in the DJI A2 system. Anyone else experienced this let me know. Thanks
Go back into the assistant and double check the aircraft type, if still set to Octo then change it to hex, reboot it then select Octo again. I found that after the last firmware upgrade some settings were set to default whilst others didn't change.
Brett1868 is offline Find More Posts by Brett1868
Old Nov 24, 2013, 06:52 AM
United States, RI, Warwick
Joined Mar 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett1868 View Post
go back into the assistant and double check the aircraft type, if still set to octo then change it to hex, reboot it then select octo again. I found that after the last firmware upgrade some settings were set to default whilst others didn't change.
that may work well
TECO1 is offline Find More Posts by TECO1
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:31 PM
So Cal
Joined May 2010
197 Posts
Mine stopped talking to the Assistant. I have a back up I will try tonite. I had it pegged for a S800 EVO, but more and more I get comfortable with the APM autopilots, the less DJI.
I cant afford to be DJI, test and evaluation engineers
PaulGT3 is offline Find More Posts by PaulGT3
Old May 14, 2014, 06:37 AM
Joined Nov 2012
89 Posts
Hello
This is Sai Krishna from India, I have a very serious issue regarding DJI A2.
My setup
Foxtech K130
ESC RCTimer 30Amp SimonK
Props: 1861 Foxtech Supreme
20,000mah 6S Lipo x1
After I finished my setup, I finished calibrating the compass and set all the gains to 140.
My takeoff is smooth, the pitch and roll are fine, but YAW input makes the craft horrible, it looses its balance, there is a rapid change in altitude and the LED flashes a few green lights. This is same for GPS and Atti mode.
I tried re-calibrating the compass several times, but no result.

Do I need to calibrate my ESCs, or any faulty hardware.
Please advise me.
Waiting for your reply.

Sai Krishna
skpulipaka is offline Find More Posts by skpulipaka
Old May 27, 2014, 11:06 PM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
A2 LED Issue

DJI A2 - LED Problem - Flashes only Green
I have a peculiar problem. I would like to give you a brief history before explaining the problem.

Date of Purchase : Feb 15 2014
No of flights: 4-5
Two Months long sleep inside the DJI box
-------------------------------------------

6 May - 8 May -> Installed on a new setup
Details : Assistant version 1.2
All firmwares updated to latest versions

Now, I don't see the LED working properly. I can only see green blinks. The green blinks are as per the manual and has no deviations. For example if i am doing compass calibration , I do not see the blue light after switching it 6-10 times from manual to GPS. But If assume that the blue light is glowing and finish the horizontal calibration I see solid green.

Every where the green blinks perfectly but no other light is seen. Has the Led gone bad?? I am not able to sort this out myself Any useful suggestions please.
Ganeshram is offline Find More Posts by Ganeshram
Old May 27, 2014, 11:33 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,986 Posts
Upgrade to v2.2 and let us know what is going on in Assistant.
Site Sponsor
Old May 28, 2014, 03:17 AM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Upgrade to v2.2 and let us know what is going on in Assistant.
1) Re-downloaded Assistant V1.3
2) Updated all modules

Name: DJI A2 Issue.JPG
Views: 44
Size: 30.6 KB
Description: DJI A2

3) I don't see any other color blink except green
4) A2 connects with the assistant peacefully
Old May 28, 2014, 07:07 AM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
My new A2 just arrived. I quickly tested my old one with new BT-LED. It worked great!!!
It was the problem with my old faulty LED module.

Thanks
Old May 28, 2014, 10:45 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,986 Posts
That was my next suggestion. I am glad you got it working.
Site Sponsor
Old May 29, 2014, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
89 Posts
Really feeling very bad after spending so much of money and even after many attempts cannot fly my K130 for professional purpose.
Let me start again

Frame: FoxTech K130
Motor: T-motor 3520 400KV
ESC: RcTimer 40Amp SimonK
Props: 1861 Foxtech supreme
Controller: "DJI A2" Flagship Controller( LAMO)
Receiver: Inbuilt A2 receiver
Transmitter: Futuba 8FG Super
Lipo: 20000mah 6S Lipo ( Single Lipo, Custom made)
My problems

First Attempt: On 20th May 2014, updated my A2 with 2.2 firmware, Basic gains were set to 200 all, no load, lipo fully charged.
After the arm procedure, all the motors didn't start as expected, there were a few glitches and after a second all the motors were spinning. The take off were smooth, pitch and roll were also fine. YAWing starts the whole issue, the throttle jumps on YAW and horrible sound is produced, I previously have a flying experience with Tarot 1000 octa with some very costly rigs and cameras, so there's no doubt in my flying skills.
After landing I checked the motors and found out that motors spinning clockwise i.e 2,4,6,8 were more hot compared to the others.

Now I added some load i.e 3kgs and now things are more horrible, the pitch and roll were smooth, but YAWing still has the throttle jumps and now the DJI controller even flashes green indicating IMU data loss.

After reading some replies on the forum, I changed back to 2.1 today and tested with all basic gains 200, the YAW was a little smooth compared to 2.2 but the alternate motor getting warmer is still there which makes the equipment still unusable.
I'm now worried because I put a lot of money at stake and my workflow is now hampred with such issues.

I request people who are experienced to please go through the issue and advice me.

Waiting for help.

Sai Krishna
skpulipaka is offline Find More Posts by skpulipaka
Old May 29, 2014, 06:00 PM
Flying to the stars
Australia, QLD, Wongawallan
Joined May 2008
53 Posts
It hard to comment with out being there and going through it with you but if you can try swapping the A2 with a WK or another controller is all I can suggest because it could be a power distribution issue or the controller
craigwal is offline Find More Posts by craigwal
Old May 29, 2014, 06:11 PM
Flying to the stars
Australia, QLD, Wongawallan
Joined May 2008
53 Posts
Like I disconnect the power to all esc except one on one of my builds and that made a difference to a yaw problem on a vampire hope my 2c helps in any way
craigwal is offline Find More Posts by craigwal