HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2014, 01:25 PM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrand320 View Post
The Bixler prop has never touched the ground.

Again my question: Do I need to have a pusher prop or can I use a "normal" one and reverse the motor direction?

Regards,

Uwe
You can use a normal prop. But have an eye on the root of the prop and the adapter shaft. Sometimes the threaded part of the shaft doesnt fit to the prop hole (adapter ring) well which can lead to vibrations.

Motor direction is usually always counter clock wise at push or pull configuration viewed from the front of the plane to the back. This is important for the angle of the motor which should compensate the motor torque.

Clockwise props are needed for example at planes like the skymule with two motors. One clockwise and one counter clockwise. So they compensate the torque bye themselves.

It depends on where the adapter rings are. At the back or the front of the prop. Some APC props have adapter rings for both sides.
SilbernerSurfer is online now Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Oct 22, 2014 at 01:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 01:50 PM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanhoahm View Post
anyone put auto pilot like apm or something else?
want to buy this wing wing, but have no experienced in fixed wing..
want to build it for slow-relaxing fpv fliying in afternoon/morning
The pnf version is perfect for normal flying and long flight times. Over 25 min (Maybe more. Cant remember exactly because have changed to the 2730) with mixed throttle and 1600mAh 2s. I have installed an orange gyro but in my opinion it hasnt much effect. Maybe this changes if you are using the Open flight stab firmware.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...te_ON_OFF.html
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post27535522

Keep the plane as light as possible.

If the fpv gear adds too much weight and you need more thrust you can try this motor on 2s instead of the stock one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=5453
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...strSearch=2730

Or one of the 2730 motors with lower kv and a bigger prop. Biggest prop related to the fins is a 6 inch, maybe a 7 inch with cutted tips. Otherwise you will hurt the fins with the tips of the prop.

Maybe the HK Mini Breeze is a better plane for a first plane.
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Oct 22, 2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 09:16 PM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcH4x0r View Post
Maiden flight for my Wingwing today, what a blast! Hand launched with throttle set at about 50% and away she went. After the maiden I trimmed the canopy spine and velcroed on a Mobius - the extra weight seems make no difference

Flew for 7 minutes on a pack and put around 1000mAh back so just about 80%

HK 24g 3000Kv motor
1300mAh 3S battery
40A ESC (The meter says 260W / 23A)
TGS 4.75*4.75 prop

400g AUW

I really like my Wingwing
What is your speed?

Have you ever tried a GWS 4040 with this set up?