SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 19, 2014, 02:31 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,057 Posts
Gravity FW 190

I've had my eye out for anything I can find from Gravity. It was sad to see them go under. I recently got my hands on a Gravity FW 190. I've been afraid to build it for fear of fudging it up. There are so many options out there now for motors, esc's and rx's. Anyone have some suggestions for me to get this flying with whats new out there? I've been strongly considering cannibalizing a FlyZone AirCore system.

Looking forward to getting this thing in the air.

Cheers!

aeronaught
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2014, 03:18 PM
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
Hello! It absolutely blows me away that we are still messing with these little planes from long ago (considering how long ago Cox offered them). Especially when you compare them to all the new ARF's available today. I guess it's the simplicity and low cost. Not to mention the custom potential they have. I still fly my Me109 and Fw190. I added full house controls and airbrushed German paint schemes on both of them. As far as parts go , I've got 6 kits of each stored away. I will be keeping them flying for a long time. Now if only I could find F4u's and P-40's. I also have 1 C-130 that I nose dived the first time I flew it. (Didn't do a preflight and had the elevator reversed). Being that I can't find any more c130 kits I've had to build and shape a new nose out of carving foam. I added full house control to it as well. I'm currently finishing it up and doing an Air National Guard paint scheme. Fun little planes!
alan_r is offline Find More Posts by alan_r
Last edited by alan_r; Aug 14, 2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old Aug 14, 2014, 05:34 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_r View Post
Now if only I could find F4u's and P-40's. I also have 1 C-130 that I nose dived the first time I flew it. (Didn't do a preflight and had the elevator reversed). Being that I can't find any more c130 kits I've had to build and shape a new nose out of carving foam. I added full house control to it as well. I'm currently finishing it up and doing an Air National Guard paint scheme. Fun little planes!
I've got them.....trouble is, I am on the hunt for the C-130 as well. I would be up for a trade if someone happens to have a spare C-130 kit.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Aug 14, 2014, 07:24 PM
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
Yeah those C-130's vanished. Only GWS offers something similar, I.E not going into giant scale category or full balsa builds. But the GWS is bigger. I really enjoy flying the Gravity C-130, it's like a pocket, 4 engine plane that with ailerons, fly's remarkably well. Quite fast too! They either didn't make very many of them or know one is letting them go. I just can't believe that some "entrepreneur" in China, Republic of, didn't pick up on the versatility of a pocket 4 engine plane like this and start pumping out some back door mold copies.......the search continues. AR
alan_r is offline Find More Posts by alan_r
Old Sep 06, 2014, 05:38 AM
United States, MN, Waseca
Joined Jan 2011
131 Posts
For your info I have three new in box ones I will post for sale if anyone is interested.
twalther is offline Find More Posts by twalther
Old Sep 06, 2014, 05:43 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,456 Posts
You have a PM
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Sep 06, 2014, 06:59 AM
United States, MN, Waseca
Joined Jan 2011
131 Posts
I should have been clear I have three fighters.
twalther is offline Find More Posts by twalther