SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2015, 09:15 AM
Joined Jan 2015
75 Posts
Discussion
Syma S107G modded and now no FF

So, I've been lurking for awhile now, reading up on all things about the Syma S107G. I got one and proceeded to mod it for weight reduction. It flew great, but the recharging and wait time was annoying. Of course, there's a mod for that! So I ordered a decent charger, some micro JST connectors with leads and a couple of 240 mah batteries.

I get everything soldered up and she flies great. Good hover, not nose heavy and about an 8 minute flight per battery (I was sent 250 mah batteries by accident, much to my displeasure -- I was already thinking I should have gone with 200 mah, but whatever). Anyway, I crash a few times because I'm getting used to the extra weight, but nothing major. So I switch batteries and get ready for a flight one evening (I let it rest about 15 -20 mins between flights) and now when I hit the stick to go forward, the tail motor wont spin. It WILL go in reverse though. Strange, I thought. I started testing things and everything works except forward flight. Funny thing is though, when I try to go forward, I can see a slight change in the rotation of the main blades -- there's some kind of voltage change, so I don't think the transmitter is the issue. My soldering looks solid, so did the PCB just quit or what? Any ideas?

Oh, and I don't really want to buy another rx board (PCB), as those are like 10 bucks and I only paid 17.93 shipped for this thing! I was about to buy a V911 as the next step up, so I guess if its the board for sure, I may just scrap it. It only lasted 3 weeks though!
Sirgilbert357 is offline Find More Posts by Sirgilbert357
Last edited by Sirgilbert357; Jan 15, 2015 at 09:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2015, 01:44 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,410 Posts
hello
this suggestion isn't exactly a fix, but it might get it to fly forward... reverse the tail motor wires and see if you get fwd but no backwards.
8 minute flights is a bit too long for these small brushed motors. To get the best life/performance out of them, 5 mins would be better, but it's up to you.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Jan 19, 2015, 08:30 AM
Joined Jan 2015
75 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but I think I'm just going to buy another one. Then I'll have spare parts for the new one and I can do the same mods over again, but make them a bit cleaner. I probably won't fly with the 250 mah batteries anymore either...I'll just put connectors on both of the stock 150 mah batteries and fly it with those.
Sirgilbert357 is offline Find More Posts by Sirgilbert357