HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2015, 09:02 PM
Acton, MA
Joined Sep 2008
266 Posts
Does anyone have the remains of a 72" fuse that you aren't going to be using? I'm looking for a front half with intact fuse sides. Mine has been sitting in the basement in need of repairs for the past couple of years (my engine quit and I couldn't make it back to the field). I'd like to transplant the sides from another fuse. I have access to a friend's 72" to use as a template to make new sides, but I figure I can save some time if I can cannibalize another fuse.

Mine is a version 2 fuse. I can't remember if there is a difference between version 1 and 2.

If you have one and would like to sell it, please PM me.

John
FlyingDreams is online now Find More Posts by FlyingDreams
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2015, 09:16 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
29,352 Posts
The problem is that 99.999999% of the time, the part of the plane that hits the ground first is the front end....but I wish you good luck!!

72" Motor boxes are in stock..

And both the r/w/b and y/b/w fuses are in stock...

SteveT.

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:50 PM
Acton, MA
Joined Sep 2008
266 Posts
Yes. The engine died at the bottom of a blender while in the flat spin, and the 72's nose hit the ground at a 45 degree angle . It tip stalled while I was trying to clear some obstacles, and unfortunately I had it on low rates and couldn't pull the nose up. (Don't know why I switched it to low rates after the engine died!) It wasn't hard enough explode the front end, but just about every piece of balsa and ply in the front half broke in multiple places. Some pieces will go back together, but other pieces will need to be replaced.

it's a long shot, but once in a while a crash results in the fuse snapping in two with minimal damage to front end. (I've managed to do that a few times in the past.)

Just emptied the wallet on a 60cc plane and a new DA-70, and I still have a couple of 60"+ planes NIB, and currently have a 74" Edge in good condition, so I'd rather not spend $299 on a new fuse, especially since I don't really need another 30cc plane. I've got a spare canopy, cowl, and motor box already, so if I can get it fixed up, without spending too much money on it, then it's essentially a free plane! I may have to resort to fabricating new fuse sides from scratch. Either that or sell off the spare parts and wings and enjoy my time on the other planes, ....
Last edited by FlyingDreams; Feb 12, 2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:12 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,579 Posts
What color scheme do you have? Patrick has a Yellow fuse NIB he got from ADC when they clearanced out their parts.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Feb 19, 2015, 06:55 AM
Acton, MA
Joined Sep 2008
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
What color scheme do you have? Patrick has a Yellow fuse NIB he got from ADC when they clearanced out their parts.
I have the yellow/blue one. I took some pictures and posted on RCMC's build and repair thread. It isn't as bad as I remembered it being. I'm going to be passing by RCMC's location later this year, so I'll take the plane down with me and let him take a look. If he determines that it isn't worth attempting to fix, I'll sell off the wings and the spare parts that I have (cowl, motor box, and canopy).
Old Feb 19, 2015, 09:41 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
The problem is that 99.999999% of the time, the part of the plane that hits the ground first is the front end....but I wish you good luck!!

72" Motor boxes are in stock..

And both the r/w/b and y/b/w fuses are in stock...

SteveT.

SteveT.
IMO if you buy a plane you should always buy a MB when you can. Cheap $26 if you ever need it. Even the 100cc planes are only $35.
robj is online now Find More Posts by robj
Old Feb 20, 2015, 08:47 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Dec 2009
436 Posts
That's good advice, thanks!
Yeti1234 is offline Find More Posts by Yeti1234