Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
[QUOTE=GLFaria;22696436]
Quote:
Originally Posted by studioRS View Post
N60 motor is available through Towerhobbies, horizon hobby and other sources. Best to slice open the factory seam in reverse ...

Thanks. Meaning?... back to front?

G.
No, not exactly, lol! What I meant was to reopen the factory seam in reverse, don't make new cuts, just undo the factory glue seam.
studioRS is offline Find More Posts by studioRS
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Jul 2011
131 Posts
Then again, looking at the reviews on the following link

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...sr-EFLH1322#t3

, the trouble may just have nothing to do with crashes...
GLFaria is offline Find More Posts by GLFaria
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
And the least expensive vendor.
http://www.rcslot.com/pc-radio-contr.../EFLH1322.html
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLFaria View Post
Then again, looking at the reviews on the following link

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...sr-EFLH1322#t3

, the trouble may just have nothing to do with crashes...
I'll be converting mine to brushless. I've already purchased the little motor from HK and need to get the HK OrangeRx 415, three servos and new folding prop. Will update our thread here with photos and instructions.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Jul 2011
131 Posts
Quote:
I'll be converting mine to brushless. I've already purchased the little motor from HK and need to get the HK OrangeRx 415, three servos and new folding prop. Will update our thread here with photos and instructions.
Please do. Because
"...the least expensive vendor.
http://www.rcslot.com/pc-radio-contr.../EFLH1322.html "

with a price tag of $32.99 for international delivery (Europe) makes it just a little bit too unattractive.
Hard to find small plane-sized brushed motors nowadays, I wonder why they still make planes around them. Probably for penny-pinching noobs like myself... "Can't find replacements? No problem, buy another plane!..." Only, I just may not buy another plane at all and will probably quit the hobby - cheap planes are too unreliable, expensive ones are too ... plainly expensive, if one considers all the additional equipment required (airframes are not that expensive, considering...)

G.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:06 PM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Where in Europe? This might help me pin point a closer source.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Jul 2011
131 Posts
Portugal
(you can see one of several reasons for penny-pinching; me being retired being another...)

Closest probable source should be Spain, but so far I didn't manage to find anyone selling this motor type. Of course, I would't mind buying from anywhere else (except probably England, they have a way of having steep prices), provided the prices and shipping rates are interesting.
Otherwise, they can go the way my Easton ACE competition arrows went... (well, these were outrageously expensive to start with, but life ten or fifteen years ago seemed so much more easy...)

Thanks for help

G.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:24 PM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Portugal
(you can see one of several reasons for penny-pinching; me being retired being another...)

Closest probable source should be Spain, but so far I didn't manage to find anyone selling this motor type. Of course, I would't mind buying from anywhere else (except probably England, they have a way of having steep prices), provided the prices and shipping rates are interesting.
Otherwise, they can go the way my Easton ACE competition arrows went... (well, these were outrageously expensive to start with, but life ten or fifteen years ago seemed so much more easy...)

Thanks for help

G.
Have you tried...

http://www.hobbysector.com/en/38_nine-eagles
http://www.rtr-modelismo.com/563-nine-eagles

They list Nine Eagles as a Manufacturer. The Sky Surfer is not listed, I'm sure if you asked nicely, your local hobby shop (LHS) in Portugal will surely help. Keep Portugal green :-)

Nine Eagles Sky Surfer
NE413781001A Motor Set

Spare parts listing, click tab to display...
http://www.nineeagle.com/products_de...158426856.html
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:39 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,096 Posts
Quote:
Arne you must be flying too fast
I think think there has been to many hard landings. Where the wing pop off. Luck that I had another brick in my collection.
Silly me. First now I saw that there where some plastic over the magnets. Took it off, and the wings sits better. Could have saved me from many problems if I had seen it before.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Last edited by ArneHu; Sep 11, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Jul 2011
131 Posts
studioRS,

thanks. Will do.

"keep Portugal green"? At the moment, the outlook is dark gray, well on its way to black!... And, would you believe it, politicians aren't helping a bit! I am on my way to becoming (ideologically, that is) an anarchist.

Ooops, sorry, I digress...

G.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
studioRS,

thanks. Will do.

"keep Portugal green"? At the moment, the outlook is dark gray, well on its way to black!... And, would you believe it, politicians aren't helping a bit! I am on my way to becoming (ideologically, that is) an anarchist.

Ooops, sorry, I digress...

G.
Good luck with your motor replacement! Let us know how you sort it out.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined May 2012
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArneHu View Post
I think think there has been to many hard landings. Where the wing pop off. Luck that I had another brick in my collection.
Silly me. First now I saw that there where some plastic over the magnets. Took it off, and the wings sits better. Could have saved me from many problems if I had seen it before.
Hallo.
I feel your pain with the wing.
Mine got from the factory with one loose magnet on the fuselage side.I never go out to the field without scotch tape.I did apply some tape to that magnet and found out the wing stayed in one piece during my landings.
To tell you the thruth I did never had a hard landing yet after 10 flights.
I hope it helps.
Cheers
supermoth is offline Find More Posts by supermoth
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined May 2012
130 Posts
Quote:

Please let us know how it goes.And how much do you spend on it.
Good luck
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined May 2012
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArneHu View Post
Another cable loose. This time on the main brick. It's not easy to solder the thin cables to the brick. I am a bit tired of the electronics on the Sky Surfer.
Hi there.
Got the same very problem twice.
First one with a friend's Sky Surfer.He was almost crashing after every flight and the wings popping out every time made the wing servo to brake one cable.

Second one on my own.Installing the wing on my last flight found out the green cable was loose.My buddy that was with me took it out and soldered in less than five minutes.

I must confess the system design is clever in order to get rid of the strain during a crash or bad landing,but the cables are under a constant pressure.
Somewhere in the forum I saw somebody making a root around the servo to re route the wires.It could be a solution.

I am wondering how the other forum members are dealing with this problem.
Last night I got an Idea that I don't know if it feasible or not.Could an extension between the male and female help?

Thanks
Last edited by supermoth; Sep 12, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:31 PM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Yes, that was me. I made a small channel and CA'd the wires into this. Works great, but... you NEED to CA the whole assembly, including the white connector onto the wing. I had one of the wires pull out also, then noticed I needed to glue the whole thing down. Now when the wing pops off, the stress is at the connection and comes apart easily.