SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:18 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2003
549 Posts
Discussion
Toledo show and glider flyers

Any reason for a glider pilot to attend the Toledo show? Looks like Kennedy Composites is the only glider distributor to attend. I don't need any new radio electronics so glider kits are about my only interest. The drive for me is about four hours each way.
Hoot is offline Find More Posts by Hoot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:48 PM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
567 Posts
Good question. I'm wondering the same thing myself, and I'm only 2 1/2 or 3 away.

(Are you really in Houston, or just drive really fast?)
2motheus is offline Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Mar 16, 2011, 03:46 AM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,170 Posts
Toledo isn't really a big soaring venue, there are usually a few models in the display area but other than Barry Kennedy there aren't any other soaring vendors most of the time. Skip Miller sometimes has stuff at the Airtronics booth but I haven't been in a few years so that's dated info.

tk
tkallev is online now Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:40 AM
have gun will travel
USA, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Apr 2010
331 Posts
icare has a booth and rc aerotowing is giving a seminar and you never know what you will find in the swap shop
scott
scottrod31 is offline Find More Posts by scottrod31
Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:45 AM
Fond du Lac, WI
Joined Mar 2005
562 Posts
Skip Miller Models has been at the Toledo show for the last couple of years and they are on the vendor list for this year.
Bob J is offline Find More Posts by Bob J
Old Mar 16, 2011, 04:47 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2004
292 Posts
Hi Steve

I'll be at the show this year. My main interest is sailplanes and related support equipment. But I also have an increasing interest in electric sailplanes and there should be a lot of motors, controllers, servos, props, etc. to look at.

While I'm up there I plan to spend Sunday at the National Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton.

Tommy
tomcat5109 is offline Find More Posts by tomcat5109
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:15 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2003
549 Posts
Tommy,
I miss the Houston flying weather and all of the pilots in the Soaring Series. I may drive up to Toledo on Friday. It will be a one day trip since I'm leaving for Spring Break on Saturday. Anybody in Texas have a two meter Super V for sale?
Hoot is offline Find More Posts by Hoot
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:17 PM
Valparaiso, IN
Joined Apr 2005
748 Posts
Stop by the LSF Booth at Toledo

When you're finished perusing the aisles for soaring goodies, stop by the LSF booth and meet your current officers. We'll be there.
Jim Deck LSF Secretary
Jim Deck is offline Find More Posts by Jim Deck
Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:42 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jan 2006
270 Posts
SkipMilerModels at TOLEDO

Yes boys and girls we WILL be at Toledo again this year.. as we have been for the past few years . We will have all sorts of latest and greatest technology to show/display for your soaring/flying enjoyment.

We are located right across from" Horizon Plaza" (I named it that BTW) in BOOTH 248-251...thats right 40 feet of soaring splendor and radio development...we also have the ARTRX Guru/hot thumb CODY there to answer all your Airtronics SD 10 G questions too! And old soaring guys to answer questions he can't.

Rumor has it that we will be unveiling the long anticipated AGIDA, Jaro Muller's latest contribution to the sport of hi performance sailplane......a FULL strength 6.67 meter 61 oz beauty that NO ONE HAS SEEN YET. Cody and I are still trying to decide if we will be the only ones flying it this year as it doesn't have proven performance..hahahahaha....yes if we make it available it can be red...but it's so small!

We have new electrics, 2 meters(it's ok Tom), Electric APEX 2MC as well the regulars.... amazing PERFECTS, SATORIS, ICON 2 latest mods, the new APOLLO DLG, VULTURE, ANENGER etc etc. etc. Maybe a DS model that goes 400mph will be on display for all to touch..feel.

And if you want to amuse yourself with electric indoor, we were just recently named the exclusive North American Distributor for amazing Mamo
VPP (upside down) variable pitch prop...yes you too can fly backwards! We will have the last remaining inventory of FANCY FOAM(how sad) there for those that fly a few other disciplines. I believe we will have the latest from OBER in winches for your launch fantasy.

Will have all sorts of specials on all sorts of amazing technology.....so to answer the question..YES SKIPMILLERMODELS IS VERY MUCH THERE.

Who knows Tom..maybe we need to hook you up with our new 2 meters...and yes you are my friend!

Cody is unveiling some tricks up his sleeve....those not attending TOLEDO the GREATEST RC SHOW ON THE PLANET....will have missed it!!!It's that simple.

Soooo come visit us....Skip, Cody, Peter, Steve as well as some Blue, Orange, and Red shirt guests..... we'll all be there! TOLEDO 2011!

Skip
maxer is offline Find More Posts by maxer
Last edited by maxer; Mar 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:55 PM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxer View Post
Yes boys and girls we WILL be at Toledo again this year.. as we have been for the past few years . We will have all sorts of latest and greatest technology to show/display for your soaring/flying enjoyment.

We are located right across from" Horizon Plaza" (I named it that BTW) in BOOTH 248-251...thats right 40 feet of soaring splendor and radio development...we also have the ARTRX Guru/hot thumb CODY there to answer all your Airtronics SD 10 G questions too! And old soaring guys to answer questions he can't.

Rumor has it that we will be unveiling the long anticipated AGIDA, Jaro Muller's latest contribution to the sport of hi performance sailplane......a FULL strength 6.67 meter 61 oz beauty that NO ONE HAS SEEN YET. Cody and I are still trying to decide if we will be the only ones flying it this year as it doesn't have proven performance..hahahahaha....yes if we make it available it can be red...but it's so small!

We have new electrics, 2 meters(it's ok Tom), Electric APEX 2MC as well the regulars.... amazing PERFECTS, SATORIS, ICON 2 latest mods, the new APOLLO DLG, VULTURE, ANENGER etc etc. etc. Maybe a DS model that goes 400mph will be on display for all to touch..feel.

And if you want to amuse yourself with electric indoor, we were just recently named the exclusive North American Distributor for amazing Mamo
VPP (upside down) variable pitch prop...yes you too can fly backwards! We will have the last remaining inventory of FANCY FOAM(how sad) there for those that fly a few other disciplines. I believe we will have the latest from OBER in winches for your launch fantasy.

Will have all sorts of specials on all sorts of amazing technology.....so to answer the question..YES SKIPMILLERMODELS IS VERY MUCH THERE.

Who knows Tom..maybe we need to hook you up with our new 2 meters...and yes you are my friend!

Cody is unveiling some tricks up his sleeve....those not attending TOLEDO the GREATEST RC SHOW ON THE PLANET....will have missed it!!!It's that simple.

Soooo come visit us....Skip, Cody, Peter, Steve as well as some Blue, Orange, and Red shirt guests..... we'll all be there! TOLEDO 2011!

Skip

Mathew has to stay at the shop? Poor guy never gets a break! lol
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000