SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by RCLud
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Feb 2013
116 Posts
Question
~Flue Tank's~

Good day, Question. Doe's some one know where I can find some INFO to how long, That I can run my engine.. I have a 4oz. And a 6oz. Flue tanks.. 40 Engine & 90 Engine

Or should I just fill the flue tank's, and run the flue threw the engine. And time it my self??

Thank you for your time..

~Thomas~
RCLud is offline Find More Posts by RCLud
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2013, 03:00 PM
Find More Posts by roversgonemad
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
756 Posts
I would just fill it and run it and see. I would guess with those size engines and that small of a tank, you aren't going to get stellar run times. I know my 40 size plane get's around 10 minutes out of 5.5 oz. I have an 11 oz tank in that plane and usually land around 15 minutes or so. I would guess that .90 is going to have more than twice the consumption of the 40. 4 and 6 oz tanks are more suited to .10 and .25 size engines. Probably a bit small for a .40 and a .90.
roversgonemad is online now Find More Posts by roversgonemad
Old Jul 28, 2013, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by RCLud
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Feb 2013
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roversgonemad View Post
I would just fill it and run it and see. I would guess with those size engines and that small of a tank, you aren't going to get stellar run times. I know my 40 size plane get's around 10 minutes out of 5.5 oz. I have an 11 oz tank in that plane and usually land around 15 minutes or so. I would guess that .90 is going to have more than twice the consumption of the 40. 4 and 6 oz tanks are more suited to .10 and .25 size engines. Probably a bit small for a .40 and a .90.
Thank's for your response.. You are right a little small tank's... But i did put the largest that would fit.... OK great thank's..

~Thomas~
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by jetmech05
Jacksonville Fla.
Joined Mar 2007
2,270 Posts
Its hard to say it depends on how you fly. full throttle dosent last as long as 1/2 throttle. a lean mixture will last longer than a rich one. everything is a trade off
jetmech05 is offline Find More Posts by jetmech05
Old Jul 28, 2013, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by RCLud
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Feb 2013
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech05 View Post
Its hard to say it depends on how you fly. full throttle dosent last as long as 1/2 throttle. a lean mixture will last longer than a rich one. everything is a trade off
Thank you my friend... have a good evening..

~Thomas~
Old Jul 30, 2013, 07:08 AM
Find More Posts by edwin1
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
3,140 Posts
My Twinstar runs 4oz tanks, it originally had os .25fp's in it and got 10 minute flights with about 2 minutes reserve. I put in some TT.36's and got 8 minute flights with a little less than a minute reserve. I have a buddy that has run OS .40 FP in his and gets a tad less than I do, I think he sets his timer for 7 minutes. You need minimum 14oz for that .90 for a 10 minute flight. I usually put in a 16oz tank to have about 20% leftover in the tank.
Edwin
edwin1 is offline Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by RCLud
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Feb 2013
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin1 View Post
My Twinstar runs 4oz tanks, it originally had os .25fp's in it and got 10 minute flights with about 2 minutes reserve. I put in some TT.36's and got 8 minute flights with a little less than a minute reserve. I have a buddy that has run OS .40 FP in his and gets a tad less than I do, I think he sets his timer for 7 minutes. You need minimum 14oz for that .90 for a 10 minute flight. I usually put in a 16oz tank to have about 20% leftover in the tank.
Edwin
Thanks Edwin; for the great INFO..

~Thomas~