SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 18, 2015, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by nerv
Joined Jan 2007
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
I'm currently rebuilding my original hopeing to get it over 230mph. Got it to 214 last season but elevator fludder limited the attempt which was further complicated by an ESC fire. Fortunately Ed (A10Pilot) was kind enough to repair the fire damage at a modest cost. I'm in the process of installing MKS 6625 brushless servos with outside shaft support bearings. These units have a truly preloaded geartrain and are are popular with the DS crowd.......
Hi Joe
is the flutter caused by the elevator servos not having enough support or the elevator structure itself? I don't think my Spark is ever going to reach that speed level, but I'm curious to know. Thanks
nerv is offline Find More Posts by nerv
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2015, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by MCSGUY
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerv View Post
Hi Joe
is the flutter caused by the elevator servos not having enough support or the elevator structure itself? I don't think my Spark is ever going to reach that speed level, but I'm curious to know. Thanks
Hi Nerv, it looked like the servos I used (Hyperion) had some play in the gear train. It did not appear that excessive to me but I guess at those speeds the play can turn into an oscillation depending on the resonance frequency of the system. Putting in the outrigger bearing was probably not necessary with the MKS servos but it does add additional stiffness so I went with it.

Joe
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY