SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:05 PM
Find More Posts by ridge_racer
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,619 Posts
A few of us are using the 80 and 100 amp version in our 500s. They are excellent escs. Excellent soft start and governor function. I just wish I got the programmer card to change the battery cutoff to a higher voltage.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by martin_
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
I have the 45A in a 450 6S & the 120HV on a 700, work like a charm.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by tignmeg
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Winds View Post
They look to be a YGE clone.
Got it in one
And yep the're good
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,756 Posts
These are going to be extremely popular esc's as time goes on..Align and castle better pull ther head out of the sand soon. Until then I'm loving the hobby wings.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by Turbo442
North Plains, OR
Joined Nov 2003
491 Posts
Couple of flights so far and loving it!
Turbo442 is offline Find More Posts by Turbo442
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by flythk
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2011
6 Posts
Running a 45A in a 450 Pro V2 and a 100A in my 550 V2 DFC. Very smooth, the governor works well and doesn't cause tail wag like the Align 35A unit did for me.
flythk is offline Find More Posts by flythk
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by TX_Winds
USA, TX, College Station
Joined Aug 2010
240 Posts
Thanks for all the input.

Turbo442, how's the quality on the HK 550?
TX_Winds is offline Find More Posts by TX_Winds
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by 1Eye
Cyprus, Limassol, Pareklisia
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
I have the 45A in a 450 6S & the 120HV on a 700, work like a charm.
hey martin, hope you can help me on this? i have the 120HV but having problems programming it with the card!

so:
esc throttle lead plugged into receiver throttle channel
esc programming lead plugged into esc prongs on the card
esc jumper lead plugged into rx prongs on card and other end into spare rx port

brown wire on right as indicated
i am using a seperate power supply to the rx, the card accepts my inputs and when i go back and scroll through the selections i previously made they light up.however when i am making entries during programming i do not get a confirmation tone??!

i have gone through it a dozen times and there are no peramiter changes when i test.
i am using it in a ducted fan running 9s , i am sure i'm not getting the performance i should! cant change the start up speed, seems to be on slow or middle and dont even know if it is detecting the right number of cells?
any help would be much appreciated!!
1Eye is offline Find More Posts by 1Eye
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by Y.P.F.
Young Poor and Fun
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2012
101 Posts
YEP 100A programming problem

I can't seem to figure out programming this things throttle range. I've used the programming card and I've tried without the card but I can't get it to give me the full throttle range. It starts the motor 6 clicks from full down and stops acceleration ~6 clicks from the top of range. I thought it was a defective ESC so I bought another one which has the same problem. I tried plugging in the batteries with the radio throttle on full now I can't get the motor to spin at all.

Nobody seems to know how to fix this; any ideas?

I've used 3S and 6S batteries, 2.4Ghz & 72Mhz radios on a 50-50 and a 40-10 sized motor without props
Y.P.F. is offline Find More Posts by Y.P.F.
Last edited by Y.P.F.; Feb 14, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by martin_
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
1Eye, to read the current setting and/or program parameter, you connect your flight pack to the ESC, connect the programming lead to the esc port on the card and power the card with an external source or BEC at 4.8v at the rx port. It does not matter if the throttle lead is connected to the RX or not.

Motor must be connected to hear the tone, but it can be done without motor.

Y.P.F., to progam the throttle range, connect the program lead to the esc port on the card and if i remember you must connect the throttle channel from your RX to the rx port on the card using en extention, of course you must power your RX with a 4.8v source on a free channel, then perform the throttle calibration.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Mar 28, 2013, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
LOAD"*",8,1
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,675 Posts
Set ESC for Auto Cell Detection?

Is there a way to program the ESC (YEP 100A) to automatically detect the # of cells in the pack? I want to switch back and forth between a 5S and 6S pack, without having to re-program the ESC each time (if possible).

I have the program card, and see that many settings for the # of cells can be made, but none that indicate an "auto" mode. Does this feature even exist?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Got it! If it's already programmed for say 6S Lipo, then one must select a different battery type (Life for example), then re-select Lipo, but do not select # of cells. Then it defaults to "auto".
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Apr 17, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:14 AM
Find More Posts by Znybar
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get the 150A yep to work with my turnigy t600. For some reason, the ESC is detecting the 6 cells (6 beeps) but then fails to detect the motor. I've tried another motor and it's the same situation. The heli is flying with a beastx, and I've previously used this ESC with an identical motor with no issues. Ideas?
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:51 AM
Find More Posts by Znybar
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
Figured it out. Basically I had to set throttle endpoints after the beastx had initialized. This required powering up the beastx without powering up the esc, letting it initialise, then plugging in the esc and setting throttle endpoints.
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Apr 17, 2013, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by Nelvick
Joined Feb 2008
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by znybar View Post
figured it out. Basically i had to set throttle endpoints after the beastx had initialized. This required powering up the beastx without powering up the esc, letting it initialise, then plugging in the esc and setting throttle endpoints.

+1 !!!
Nelvick is offline Find More Posts by Nelvick