SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2002, 03:19 PM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
818 Posts
RFFS-100 Questions

Out of interest after seeing one of these this weekend can someone answer some questions for me?

How Do I get hold of one of these in England?
What do I have actually to buy to get one of these systems up and running?
How much do they weight?
Can you run two or more KP-00's on it?
Roughly how much is it all?

Thanks in advance, Alan
awood12345 is offline Find More Posts by awood12345
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2002, 03:33 PM
Buffalo, New York
Joined Jan 2002
1,024 Posts
Alan,
Steve Wrona at Eflight Models carries our complete kits. If you contact him he should be able to set you up with a system.
We have complete systems that come with planes or without planes that will give you everything you need. The receiver has a built in speed control and comes with a crystal so you won't have to purchase either one seperately. The complete system comes with the receiver, crystal and actuators. We have several combos on our website at www.smallrc.com . If you see something on our website that Steve doesn't carry let Steve know so he can order the items that would interest you.
The receiver, built in speed control, crystal, and actuators weigh just under 4grams.
You may be able to get away with running two kp00's on the receiver but you may damage it. The electronics are actually rated for 2-3amps but with the low PWM we are using you can potentially damage the speed control if you draw much more then 1 amp.
I'm not sure what Steve's pricing is like but our price for a complete system combo that included a plane, a motor, and a Lipoly battery is $163.00 but if you order it from us there will be customs and tax. I would recommend contacting Steve to get the pricing from him.

Regards,
Dan
dhurd is offline Find More Posts by dhurd
Old Dec 02, 2002, 03:40 PM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
818 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Dan!

I will have to ask steve for pricing. Can you (or anyone else) recommend two smaller motors that would run on the system without the chance of damaging it? I am 15 and will have to see how much cash I get for christmas or my birthday to see if I can afford one but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks Alan
awood12345 is offline Find More Posts by awood12345
Old Dec 02, 2002, 03:51 PM
Buffalo, New York
Joined Jan 2002
1,024 Posts
Alan,
I'm sure there are pager motors that would work if you wanted to do a multi-motored plane. Graham Stabler is carrying Didel's items in the UK and could probably help you with a motor selection there. Keep me posted if you do a multi-motored plane with the RFFS-100 as I don't think anyone has done one yet.

Regards,
Dan
dhurd is offline Find More Posts by dhurd