HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2014, 07:35 AM
Joined Nov 2013
13 Posts
Discussion
Looking for a FLight controller....

I am wondering what the best board for a Quad would be that supports GPS for hover and RTL/RTH.

I have a NAZE 32 and it looks like it will now support GPS, however I cannot locate anything regarding what model GPS to get (I assume a UBLOX would work).

Also, I was thinking about getting the NAZE Full for the BARO and Magnetometer for use with future OSD applications.

What do you all recommend regarding a good FC for this purpose.

I am very happy with the NAZE 32 thus far.
Twidget2000 is offline Find More Posts by Twidget2000
Last edited by Twidget2000; Nov 03, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2014, 11:44 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
266 Posts
I dont know much about the Naze - never had one. Your question depends alot on what type of flying you want to do. I have just set up a quad on APM 2.5 board and external mag and GPS. I am pleasntly surprised at how stable the board is and how good the GPS hold is, and I am comparing it to my Nazza V2.

APM is very powerfull and there are many potential pitfalls but it is hugley well supported and thats why I would recommend it over Naze. If you want 32 bit then go to pixhawk, but for a quad or fixed wing the apm 2.5 and 2.6 will do for now although maybe it wont take future firmware updates at some point in the future due to maxing out the on board flash capacity.
helidex is online now Find More Posts by helidex
Old Nov 03, 2014, 05:15 PM
United States, CA, Hollister
Joined Sep 2014
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twidget2000 View Post
I am wondering what the best board for a Quad would be that supports GPS for hover and RTL/RTH.

I have a NAZE 32 and it looks like it will now support GPS, however I cannot locate anything regarding what model GPS to get (I assume a UBLOX would work).

Also, I was thinking about getting the NAZE Full for the BARO and Magnetometer for use with future OSD applications.

What do you all recommend regarding a good FC for this purpose.

I am very happy with the NAZE 32 thus far.
For the GPS stick with the ublox as so far most of the FC all support the ublox binary datastream and gives you options to add a logger like the flytrex. As for the naze32 based FC, I went with a full clone and can't be happier. The one I got is the DragonFly32 Pro from MultiRotorMania (http://multirotormania.com/32-bit-/9...fly32-pro.html). Fast shipping here in the states and so far great support. I'm running the cleanflight firmware right now.
NVRDUNN is offline Find More Posts by NVRDUNN